The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - The Queen’s Almanac (60 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of 13
Prof BC - The Queen’s Almanac … going fast.

https://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collecti......-prof-bc
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4944 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
This looks to be an extraordinary piece. A rare instance where a magic plot is conceived around a facsimile of a facsimile.

Not inexpensive, but not overpriced. For anyone who knows Prof BC's work, and of course Lebanon Circle's, you understand you will have in your possession something very unique, and very special. The amount of painstaking research, detailed design, and meticulous craftsmanship that go into a Prof BC release, are consistently without peer, and show with the quality of manufacture, and the quality of instruction. I don't know of any other creator who delves so deeply into an effect besides Prof BC. Each prop is a master course in magic artistry.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
550 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Mine arrived today - extraordinary just about covers it! Another work of art from Prof BC with exceptional customer service from Lebanon Circle. I have been extremely fortunate to be able watch this artifact take shape over the past six months.
21 of the original 110 are currently left but don't expect them to be there long.
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.rocktroll.co.uk
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
353 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
The postman delivered mine today. Looking forward to spending some time with this over the weekend.
Satire
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Satire
Would love to hear some reviews. I think the theming is a bit too across-the-pond for my style, but interested.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
115 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Dr Dee and his dubious accomplice have been a passion of mine for many years. Their story is one of genius, tragedy and comedy all combined. One of my favourite incidents was when Dee was employing Kelly as a seer and trying to converse on lofty metaphysical matters with alleged angels, at which point Kelly interrupted to ask their angelic guest, "Can you lend me two hundred pounds for a fortnight?" The highs and lows of their partnership caught in a single moment.

So you can imagine the idea of this Book of Daies seized my imagination immediately. It arrived yesterday and I have hardly put it down.

The method is sublimely simple and completely opaque, impossible to be guessed at or reverse engineered. The effect is perfect, beautiful, compelling, enthralling, employing cartomancy, numerology and bibliomancy in a triple whammy of Elizabethan seership, with an added transformation at the end if you wish to take it to that conclusion.

But the most wonderful thing for me is the book itself. The languaging is so authentic, completely bewitching in its own right. We often speak of ageing props, but ageing language and doing it well (because it is so very often done badly) is an absolute joy. Every entry has its own character: some are earnest and practical; some are ethereal and symbolic; some are versified. I will be reading the book in its entirety, from cover to cover, just for the sheer pleasure of it, not just using it for an effect. Here is one of those instances where the 'prop' is a thing of beauty and wonder in its own right.
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of 13
Thanks for the wonderful review Manx!
saturnkk
View Profile
Loyal user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
230 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Picked this up an I am very excited to receive it!!
Satire
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Satire
I know that there is occasionally some bleed over between Dopps and other creations of Prof BC. While I don't pretend to even quite understand what that is (as I do not own any) does this feature any such relationship that would make me wish I had this if I was to finally get my hands on some Dopps?
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
This is a terrific product, which has been so well thought out in terms of premise, design, and production. The book is beautiful and will sit naturally in any setting, while the full routine and workings means you have a wonderful presentation, intriguing history, and multi-phase set of revelations that will astound your audiences. The set comes with a wonderful collection of cards, a coin, and the book itself, all produced to the highest standard for which Prof BC is so well known.

The Dee story is compelling in and of itself, but imagine its royal connections, and mysterious relevance to a commemorative book from the Queen's Jubilee.

In answer to Satire's query, there is good bleed across to the Dopps books in such a way that were you to acquire a Dopps book, you would definitely want this as well. I am a proud owner of a collection of Dopps books (all but Alice) and now a proud owner of The Queen's Almanac as well. You will not be disappointed if you want to have a unique performance piece.

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
353 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
This offering will likely be as difficult to obtain as Dopps books. Purchase now while you can.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
550 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Only 16 left!
Satire
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Satire
Down to 14 now, Dr Todd's explanation got me to bite the bullet. Just tore through the instructions, excited to try it!
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
550 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Satire, great purchase, you will love it!

You can pick up original Silver Jubilee bookmarks from e-bay for just a few quid which you might find a useful addition.

When you mentioned a bleed over between Prof BC effects you might also be referring to the Realm of Faerie - A number of Prof BC effects/props and dopplegangers form part of his Realm of Faerie collection which will (as mentioned by Prof BC elsewhere in this forum) culminate in a finale' Grimm's Fairy Tales Doppelganger. The Queens Almanac isn't a realm of Faerie item but can be combined with other dopps as well as many other Prof BC items.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2022, Satire wrote:
Down to 14 now, Dr Todd's explanation got me to bite the bullet. Just tore through the instructions, excited to try it!

Awesome! Pleased that you found my remarks helpful.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
550 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Getting a knee replacement exactly a week ago has allowed me some guilt free time to really get to grips with The Queens Almanac. The more I use it the more astounded I am with how something so complex, beautifully designed and fiendishly clever can also be so hands off and simple to master for the performer.

This is a complete 3 (or 4 stage) performance all on its own but as an added bonus it can slip right into a Dopps performance too.

Absolutely stunning!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Prof BC - The Queen’s Almanac (60 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL