The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on Rope power (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have found that everyone likes a Ring on Rope Effect - flashy, impossible and highly visible, but ...
too many such Effect quickly get boring or risk a reveal of method,
and there is no easy transition into or segue to other Effects.

So, decades ago I began incorporating R&R into routines with Linking Rings, Cut & Restore, PN, etc.,
as a way of capturing attention and elevating magic from puzzle/gotcha as an Overture to a main Routine.

But, thee question remained as to which R&R Effect to use as many are too "quick and done"
for today's audience with distracted attention and little experience with live magic performance.

As an answer I have developed "CrossLock" as the most powerful/impossible R&R Effect possible,
that "closes the door" on suspicion or "figure it out" while allowing a transition to Linking Rings,
C&R and Rope Effects; or as a finale' following any of them.

This Effect is now now an integral part of many full Routines I will be releasing in the F.U.N. Ring Series;
but also as a separate eBook as a Performance Module for you to add to an existing presentation.

Watch for it ...

There several things different about this Effect compared with other R&R Modules:

o the Cord is entwined in and around the fingers and hand to form a impassible Gate,
o the Cord ends can have tassels, beads, knots, etc.,
o this uses a ‘two-phase’ sleight masked by natural hand movements,
o can be done with multiple rings with several different results possible.

and, there are two options for the critical actions between the two phases (that never happen),
with various point for audience participation, even fully surrounded.

I won't say "ultimate" Ring on Rope as this Module may inspire someone to do even better, which would be grand indeed!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Now available on lybrary.com
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on Rope power (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL