The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Evasons Perform some Impromptu Virtual Mentalism (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I recently interviewed Jeff & Tessa Evason, the Mentalist Duo, about their work consulting on Guillermo del Toro's Academy Award nominated film, Nightmare Alley. I was also interested in how their transition to doing virtual shows was going and challenged them to perform a few impromptu psychic tests. Check out the video -- you'll see that their virtual performances are every bit as charming and amazing as their stage work!

Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
I have no idea what mental gymnastics they go through for this, and I am happy not knowing! What a charming couple and great act.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I intentionally left their performance uncut so you are seeing exactly what you would see live. When you know what they're doing, its even more impressive. They are indeed a charming couple and were very kind to agree to do an interview with me. I wanted to try making a Youtube video and they were kind enough to agree to participate in my first attempt. Thank you for giving it a watch!
User101
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of User101
I watched that this morning here in UK.Baffling act looks as real as you can get.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
In the days of apps, 20 question propless effects that don't actually work, and everyone clamoring for the next "it" thing it's very nice to see the classical methods at play. And it's lovely to see them used so *** well. I saw them on fool us performing this act and it is so well done. It really does appear that they can tell you any item that you're holding up. I can't even imagine how much practice goes into this. Superbly done, and so nice to see. I'd rather see the classics done well than another pin divination any day.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2022, Chaz93 wrote:
In the days of apps, 20 question propless effects that don't actually work, and everyone clamoring for the next "it" thing it's very nice to see the classical methods at play. And it's lovely to see them used so *** well. I saw them on fool us performing this act and it is so well done. It really does appear that they can tell you any item that you're holding up. I can't even imagine how much practice goes into this. Superbly done, and so nice to see. I'd rather see the classics done well than another pin divination any day.

Well said. I watched the Fool Us episode yesterday also. Exceptional.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
581 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Truly amazing.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2022, Rhewin wrote:
I have no idea what mental gymnastics they go through for this, and I am happy not knowing! What a charming couple and great act.

My first experience with this type of Mentalism act was Liz and Tommy Tucker in the 50'and 60's, And once I had access to learning about their system, yes,..it amazed me even more knowing what nimble mental acuity is required!
Not only that but, must be charming and entertaining as well,...as are the Evasons!!
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Wow! Wow! Wow! I love them! Thanks.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Evasons Perform some Impromptu Virtual Mentalism (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL