The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Invisible Thread (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amazing_mr_z
View Profile
New user
Russellville, AR
11 Posts

Profile of amazing_mr_z
Greetings all. I'm not new to magic in general, but I am new to invisible thread. The instructions say to secure the thread by rolling it in a bit of magician's wax or Ticky-Tack. However when I try this, the thread pulls out the same way a cheese slicer works. Am I doing something wrong, is there a better way? Thanks!
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
You are doing it correctly, although some waxes are softer than others, and it also depends on how you are actually using the thread - ie how much stress is placed it.

To get the thread more secure on the wax, add a tiny piece of cotton thread to the wax, then wrap your IT around the piece of thread and wax.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your IT work.

Jim
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3335 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Great suggestion, Jim!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
optimisticfool
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of optimisticfool
The cotton thread is a great idea. But also it you dry the wax and make it a bit "dirtier" it will not be as slippery
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3335 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Another suggestion: roll the wax into a tiny little hot dog shape and then roll the wax into it lengthwise. That way more thread is in contact with the wax.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
disbelief
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of disbelief
I find that if you scrunch the thread into a more or less ball before putting it in the wax that helps get some traction in the wax was well
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Invisible Thread (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL