The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible Deck With Torn Corner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1192 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Does anyone here know of any published work on the Invisible Deck where the named card is reversed in the deck AND has a torn corner? I have looked at all my sources and have come up blank...Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
I've never heard of this. What is the purpose of the torn corner ? An added convincer ?

Jim
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1192 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Jim,

I don't really think the ID needs an added convincer as it is just so darn good on it's own...I created this torn corner Invisible Deck out of necessity for a routine I have been working on for a long time...The torn corner thing is part of the scripting...I have never seen this done before so I was just curious more than anything else...Thanks my friend!

Cody
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Thank you very much for your reply, Cody.

I agree the ID doesn't need a convincer, and is great as is, which is why I was curious about the torn corner. Your trick sounds interesting.

I have a pretty decent library, but I have never heard of a torn corner idea with an invisible deck. While I cant say for certain that it's never been done before, I've certainly never came across it.

Thanks again for they reply, and the best of luck with your research.

Jim
User101
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2022, Cody S. Fisher wrote:
Does anyone here know of any published work on the Invisible Deck where the named card is reversed in the deck AND has a torn corner? I have looked at all my sources and have come up blank...Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher

Yes Joshua Jay does a trick of this on his Invisible Deck dvd "Hand picked Astonishments"
DragonLore
View Profile
New user
Toronto
70 Posts

Profile of DragonLore
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2022, User101 wrote:
Yes Joshua Jay does a trick of this on his Invisible Deck dvd "Hand picked Astonishments"

If been wonder about that one… I own Craig Petty’s “Visible” which I like a lot and have been undecided whether this would add any other ideas on the ID.

What do you think of this DVD?
User101
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2022, DragonLore wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2022, User101 wrote:

If been wonder about that one… I own Craig Petty’s “Visible” which I like a lot and have been undecided whether this would add any other ideas on the ID.

What do you think of this DVD?

Its awhile since I watched Josh Jay DVD it but some good ideas on it.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
730 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2022, Cody S. Fisher wrote:

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher

I'm pretty sure I saw this trick from one of the spanish magicians... but that's the only thing I rememember at this moment
Have a nice day
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Josh Jay credits Ray Anderson from Canada for the "Beyond Invisible" routine on the Paul Harris Presents video.
lowry34
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of lowry34
In the booklet 'Invisible Secrets Revealed' by E.Fields and M.Schwartz an effect by C.Walker called 'Torn Thought' is described using this idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible Deck With Torn Corner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL