The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10..16..22..28..34..37~38~39 [Next]
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Woah. Ok I just got a sneak peek at Lloyd's latest creation LUX, and hot *** this is fire. I can honestly see it being something like Double Cross where you'll want to carry it on you at all times.

Im not sure when the trailer is dropping, but I thought I'd start this post to get the ball rolling.

I can't say what it is, but I will say it legitimately looks like magic

Here's a link to the Fb group. Lloyd has been dropping hints and teasers so I bet this is where he’ll share LUX first: LUX Facebook Group
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
It does pique my interest! And my wallet is ready... Let me order.
Noobmaster69
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Release date seems to be April 22, so, if there's going to be a real trailer, it should be there, soon.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
OMG I can’t wait for this product I know nothing about. Let’s get a solid 10 pages of comments up before we have any info at all😜😜
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
All aboard the hype train choo choo
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Eh, nothing wrong with a little hype. I've been waiting years for Top Gun: Maverick and loving the teasers and trailers.

And a few people I respect have nice things to say about Lux.

Plus, I like shiny new toys. Sue me 😆 bring on the hype 😁
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
The difference with your analogy is that you have seen the trailers and know what the film is about. I’m sure your opinion on the hype would be different if the producer said “we have the best film coming out but can’t tell/show you what it’s about” you would think that was, well just silly right.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Actually a fair point.

Still, if Josh likes it, I'm excited about it.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Now we’re cooking.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Roberto W............ Apple do it every single year without fail! Seems to work for them.
eddie1
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
277 Posts

Profile of eddie1
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
The difference with your analogy is that you have seen the trailers and know what the film is about. I’m sure your opinion on the hype would be different if the producer said “we have the best film coming out but can’t tell/show you what it’s about” you would think that was, well just silly right.

But magic and films are not the same thing. It’s almost impossible to be excited about a film without knowing anything about it. I’d say with magic you can be excited about it just by knowing who’s creating it, and what other respected magicians are saying about it.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I would be excited if it was something new from Max Maven or Gordon Bean but Lloyd Barnes...not so much.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2022, eddie1 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2022, Roberto W wrote:

But magic and films are not the same thing. It’s almost impossible to be excited about a film without knowing anything about it. I’d say with magic you can be excited about it just by knowing who’s creating it, and what other respected magicians are saying about it.

What? So your thinking on hype in this comparison between and films is that you can get excited about a unknown magic effect not knowing what it is as long as you know the creator - but this doesn’t apply to films? This is exactly the same thing. If say Tim Burton announced he has a new film coming out but didn’t say what it as about, fans of his and other people who like Tim Burton films would be excited - this is exactly the same thing in comparison. Just because this is a trick and not a movie makes no difference in the premise we are talking about.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I’m not sure when hype becomes pretentiousness, but this ‘campaign’ certainly feels like it’s there.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
So close to a second page 😜
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
So close to a second page 😜

It is isn’t it.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
The hype‘s not real stay away
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Second page is coming very soon!
Noobmaster69
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2022, rasp wrote:
Roberto W............ Apple do it every single year without fail! Seems to work for them.

And they always make sure, stuff "leaks" in advance.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2022, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
Woah. Ok I just got a sneak peek at Lloyd's latest creation LUX, and hot *** this is fire. I can honestly see it being something like Double Cross where you'll want to carry it on you at all times.

Im not sure when the trailer is dropping, but I thought I'd start this post to get the ball rolling.

I can't say what it is, but I will say it legitimately looks like magic

Here's a link to the Fb group. Lloyd has been dropping hints and teasers so I bet this is where he’ll share LUX first: LUX Facebook Group

So what is the effect? The "trailers" if you can call them that don't tell you anything. Can you describe the effect for us?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10..16..22..28..34..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL