The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..25..28..31..34..37~38~39 [Next]
eddie1
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
277 Posts

Profile of eddie1
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2022, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I’ve been playing around with this Google search of “UV magic trick” and have not had it pop up in the ( All,Shopping or images ) section yet.

Then it is most likely demographics. Merchant of Magic are a UK dealer and myself and Pegasus are from the UK so it makes sense we are seeing it and you are not. They targeted the ad at people in the UK. Although, it appears they have since removed it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Keywords on YouTube ‘uv magic trick’ has LUX appear 2nd down. Once you have LUX you are seconds away from the whole QnA and reviews.
eddie1
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
277 Posts

Profile of eddie1
Unfortunate.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I have been buying UV pens on Amazon for about 10 years for about 8.00 per pen. I am sure everyone knows they are not new. But you will get the video training for about 65.00 that I don't get with the pen purchase through Amazon.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2022, magicbyswh wrote:
I have been buying UV pens on Amazon for about 10 years for about 8.00 per pen. I am sure everyone knows they are not new. But you will get the video training for about 65.00 that I don't get with the pen purchase through Amazon.

And the speciallly made U* Pen
Deckhead
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Y’all crack me up. I’m somewhat new to Magic so of course I don’t know anything. I get it. But I feel like I’m overthinking it all a lot of talking yourself out of performing what can be an is an amazing effect. I don’t have to be in the Magic Scene long to see that the people hating keep stumbling over their own words. Please for the love of God don’t even worry about carrying around a UV pen. Just take it out and give the person an experience they won’t forget. It’s very simple and at least in my head. If they go on Google or YouTube and find all about it that’s OK. I don’t think your audience is stupid. I think they know there’s something going on there. We all know Magic isn’t real. I don’t ever try to make it seem anything different. It doesn’t mean I can’t feel for a second like it is real. But here’s some advice I got recently. Maybe it can help some people here. Have fun and don’t take it too seriously. That’s with anything and I. We’re just a bunch of geeks, losers , maybe lonely people. We may think we’re cool but we’re not cool. Lol. Enjoy it have fun!

Oh and if your getting that many people searching the web for your magic after it’s done maybe change something. That’s some advice that was given to me and I think it’s good.
eddie1
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
277 Posts

Profile of eddie1
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2022, Deckhead wrote:
Y’all crack me up. I’m somewhat new to Magic so of course I don’t know anything. I get it. But I feel like I’m overthinking it all a lot of talking yourself out of performing what can be an is an amazing effect. I don’t have to be in the Magic Scene long to see that the people hating keep stumbling over their own words. Please for the love of God don’t even worry about carrying around a UV pen. Just take it out and give the person an experience they won’t forget. It’s very simple and at least in my head. If they go on Google or YouTube and find all about it that’s OK. I don’t think your audience is stupid. I think they know there’s something going on there. We all know Magic isn’t real. I don’t ever try to make it seem anything different. It doesn’t mean I can’t feel for a second like it is real. But here’s some advice I got recently. Maybe it can help some people here. Have fun and don’t take it too seriously. That’s with anything and I. We’re just a bunch of geeks, losers , maybe lonely people. We may think we’re cool but we’re not cool. Lol. Enjoy it have fun!

Oh and if your getting that many people searching the web for your magic after it’s done maybe change something. That’s some advice that was given to me and I think it’s good.

I’m just not interested in the effect, the googling problem would not bother me in any other situation. This was the case for many of us before there was even talk of Google. If your spectator knows it’s just a “special UV pen” then what’s the point? It seems to me the spectator will just think that’s technology and nothing magical or impressive.

Actually though, you’d be surprised at how many spectators do believe magic is real or at least want to believe it is. But even when they know it isn’t real, it should still be magical. This just isn’t IMO. I think the most magical moments are when there is no technology involved (i.e. card tricks, vanishes) and the spectator can’t come up wit’s a single explanation. So using LUX for an invisible deck is somewhat okay, but I still don’t see what it adds to a regular invisible deck.
johnw
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of johnw
Does anyone (apart from me) think this is an interesting twist on the ambitious card?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The ambitious card trick is THE worst card trick ever.
johnw
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of johnw
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2022, pegasus wrote:

LOL Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:

Nah, it’s actually Gemini Twins.
DaphneFairfax
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of DaphneFairfax
It is possible for the spectator to cause an issue by pressing the button, but very unlikely.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
It is or it isn’t? So say you gave the torch to them and they accidentally or on purpose pressed the main button, would this effect/change the mode?
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
I don't know for sure but I imagine it has memory, meaning you can switch it on and off and the same setting will remain. It's likely that you'll have to hold the button down to cycle through the modes, then when you have the mode you'll be using you can switch it on and off, keeping the same mode active.

All of my Olight torches work like this (yes I have a good few of them!)
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yes I’m 99% sure this is the case. Lloyd openly, kindly and very helpfully showed the full workings of the torch and I’m sure he said about pressing and holding for mode changes and simple presses would not change the mode… I think.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
For anyone worried about justifying a UV torch;justify it in the same way you justify having a deck of cards.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
No difference than justifying a magic wand. Running when you are not being chased.
eddie1
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
277 Posts

Profile of eddie1
It is in no way comparable to a deck of cards or a magic wand because both of those are already directly associated with magicians whereas a UV light is not. Though I agree, I don’t think the spectator would really question it.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:

In some hands, yes.

Mike
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2022, tenchu wrote:
Quote:

In some hands, yes.

Mike

HAHA! Very true.....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..25..28..31..34..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL