The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..37~38~39 [Next]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On May 8, 2022, Bernhard wrote:
Quote:
On May 6, 2022, reignofsound wrote:
Hey all, is this normal?
Waiting on my post to me approved on the fb group.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/04b5pmcyaUBIRzi0FNd9cXlXA

Thanks

Hallo, mine is nearly the same as in the video but little better then yours. I think normal would be when the two lights are matching together, like in the trailer. I don´t know if mine is normal or not...mine lux the lightspots are aproxy one third together from each other. is this normal or are there better ones out there?

Never got an answer on the fb group. My post never got approved so just decided to make do.
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
I have issues withy unit and still going back and forth with dealer at the moment.

My unit seems to reset and not remember it's settings so when I go to long press the button the main bulb will flash once or twice and then I get into the settings.

Thinking this is probably due to a faulty connection between battery and the unit.

Sometimes it doesn't power on at all until 3 or 4 attempts.

Love the idea just think QC wasn't great on this. My spring for the battery is not mounted straight and I wonder if this is causing issues.

If you've got a good unit this is great but for me it's unreliable just sitting on my desk so don't even want to think about adding to my key chain where it will get jiggled around.
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Sounds like this Lux is very delicate!!!
eddie1
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
277 Posts

Profile of eddie1
Indeed, very glad I didn’t buy this. Only seen more and more reasons not to.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I have had a kids spy one for a long time and never really used it,YES I know this one works differently, when it does that is?,i certainly will not be purchasing it,not because of all the problems some or a lot seem to be having but it has jolted my interest in the Subliminal and after watching Derren Browns use with an Ordinary one has got me coming up with some pretty good routines, trying to get a SPOOKY spin story hook on a Routine,but not found one yet.Certainly using a ordinary one,one can get some good use from them with imagination as I know a lot of creative minds on here have. Hope you all get sorted out and all problems fixed,
Best Wishs
Shane
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lloyd was very gracious and is sending me one through the post for free.
I believe his heart was very much in this creation and I will let you know what I think of it on here.
He was a very very decent humble fella when I spoke to him and he fully admitted the advertising was way over hyped.
I respect Lloyd a lot for having the decency to call me and tell me to openly trash it if I think it’s trash.
I said I may love it or hate it but I will be honest from my perspective that’s for sure Gaz 😊
DaphneFairfax
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of DaphneFairfax
Quote:
On May 8, 2022, big dan wrote:
I have issues withy unit and still going back and forth with dealer at the moment.

Why aren't they replacing it?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 8, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I believe his heart was very much in this creation and I will let you know what I think of it on here.
He was a very very decent humble fella when I spoke to him and he fully admitted the advertising was way over hyped.
I respect Lloyd a lot for having the decency to call me and tell me to openly trash it if I think it’s trash.
I said I may love it or hate it but I will be honest from my perspective that’s for sure Gaz 😊

Nice one Gaz,way to go look forward to reading your take on this and good on Lloyd.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:

Was he talking about you on his podcast and if so did he justify what he said?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have never watched the podcast but yes I believe he implicated me but got my name wrong.
However he totally got the wrong end of the stick as although I have a stage UV version that someone made me 10 years ago for free which he knows and I don’t do stage magic and never have.
Lloyd like me gets a lot of mail and pms and fortunately I stick on here as I can just about manage it.
He in my opinion can’t answer everyone correctly and makes many mistakes (unintentionally) as he is trying to do too much imho Gaz 😊 Ps I want to reiterate he is a lovely guy and anything he has said he has apologised for and I have fully respected and accepted it and can see the pressure he is constantly under
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Quote:

I am sure yours will be top notch and checked over for quality issues Gaz.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
As for the those that ordered from penguin and expected it to ship on the 7th, I was just informed that Murphy’s has delayed it until tomorrow at minimum. Maybe they’re doing a bit more of QR on this batch.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
pcuccia
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of pcuccia
I pre ordered LUX and received a defective unit. VI was very quick to send a replacement which was also defective in a different way than the first. I have lost faith in this project as much as I loved the idea.
I will be returning for credit.
quantum_swami
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of quantum_swami
I caved and pre ordered. Now it's arrived I'm also unsure.

Mine looks similar to other people's videos on here. The beams land in different places when fading between each other. Have we concluded whether this is "normal" yet? Is mine a defect? I'd say so based on the trailer because the beams look near enough perfectly aligned on there.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think that is perfectly normal that they land like that based on how the lights must be positioned in the unit.
I’m looking forward to receiving my from Lloyd soon. Gaz 😊
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Quote:
On May 10, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I think that is perfectly normal that they land like that based on how the lights must be positioned in the unit.
I’m looking forward to receiving my from Lloyd soon. Gaz 😊

Yours will be perfect Gaz.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Fingers crossed🤞. Gaz 😊
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
On Apr 22, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Totally underwhelmed hardly the best trick ever.
What’s the the justification for the UV gimmick you carry, totally over hyped but to be fair I’ve hardly read any of the thread as this type of gimmick would never interest me Gaz.😊

And now, suddenly, your looking forward to receiving one.

Seems quite a U-turn.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
UV-turn Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL