The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..18..23..28..33..37~38~39 [Next]
GreatRondo
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of GreatRondo
I thought it was funny, as a fairly new fan of magic, to see a really great trailer for the Quantum Deck and see a bunch of five-star reviews on the day of release, followed by reviews that were decidedly mixed. Seemed like a good gimmick, and it felt like some of that was blowback from the hype maybe? Prerelease raves may not always be a good thing.
GreatRondo
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of GreatRondo
Are we thinking that whatever's written initially should probably be pretty simple in order for it to "move" to the magician's arm while in view of the spectator?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
To me this looks like the hype will be bigger than the gimmick. From what I’ve seen not interested.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Congratulations to Lloyd with Lux! Such a clever device with so much it can do. I bet the Facebook group will be flooding with ideas just like with Cognito.

I also want to publicly state I accidentally liked a post of someone who wasn't too keen. I was just curious to see who else liked it and some how liked it myself. Oops! You can't even unlike a like on here. So ignore that. Smile

You did it again Lloyd! Well done!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, Mb217 wrote:
Loved the suspense! 😁👍🏽

This is typical Lloyd Barnes…AMAZING!

I’ve known Lloyd for many years now, watched him grow in magic and magical thinking, and he has not disappointed.

This new offering is wondrous.

Can’t wait to get it, and of course, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED…WOW!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

After watching the trailer again, and reading the comments from the cheap seats and the sky boxes here, I feel the exact same way I did upfront…This is just AMAZING! *Adding one more star…⭐️
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Lloyd, is it safe to assume that I’d have to write multiple x’s on my arm/hand? ( X on left hand and X on right arm )
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Imagine using this with DFB also force anything have it appear on your arm/hand etc!
johnw
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of johnw
For a while my EDC was a playing card into which I had embedded a credit card chip.
In bars (and even supermarkets, petrol stations etc) I could force the card and do a 'card payment' with the king of diamonds. It always got great reactions when the payment was approved.
My friend copied the idea and embedded a chip into a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver, and waved the wand to make payments. He got bad reactions because people thought his technology was messing with the card payment machine Smile

Anyway, my point is that great effects are not about the technology, they are about presentation.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I have been using UV effects in my work for a long time and I know how well they are received.
One reason they work so well is that the ink doesn't seem tamperable.
It's also about the surprise that there is more (information) than originally expected.

However, the fact that observers could not get the idea that two different LEDs are used is completely absurd.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2022, Daren wrote:
Imagine using this with DFB also force anything have it appear on your arm/hand etc!

Using your favourite force method is where this will really shine. No need at all for multiple scribbles on your arm.

My main concern is that this effect ends up being very easily searched either on google or YouTube. It’s the first thing most specs will do.
Fierita
View Profile
New user
Latvia
32 Posts

Profile of Fierita
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I think you have missed a lot of UV technology in the last 10 years in magic by the look of things I have a brilliant stage UV pen from 15 years ago that kills a full theatre.
Some of us are light years ahead it would seem Gaz.😊

Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
What's the the justification for the UV gimmick you carry, totally over hyped but to be fair I’ve hardly read any of the thread as this type of gimmick would never interest me Gaz.😊

You must be light years ahead of even yourself.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know this product isn't for you.

Classy, I was getting tired of this guy´s know it all and have nothing to do with Lux. Congratulations Lloyd for your patience.
DaphneFairfax
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of DaphneFairfax
From reading this thread, the hype has worked a treat and everyone is pre-ordering. The idea of the promotion is to seduce you into making a quick decision.

If this is any good then it will be available for years to come, why don't we just take a breath and see if we still want in in three weeks time or have moved on to wanting the next 'Trick of the year'
doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of doktorp
Okay, it was a hype and I don’t like those teasers before a product is released.

I think LUX is great tool with a lot of potential.

I remember a routine a few years ago, where you mark a spectators arm in shaking his hand.
Then, later in the evening, you reveal the marking.
Lots of ideas spinning in my head at the moment.

What I don‘t get, is all the negativity, when a new product is released.
If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.
If you think, it is to expensive, don’t buy it.
It is that easy.

Thank you, Lloyd Barnes, for releasing this product! Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2022, DaphneFairfax wrote:
From reading this thread, the hype has worked a treat and everyone is pre-ordering. The idea of the promotion is to seduce you into making a quick decision.

If this is any good then it will be available for years to come, why don't we just take a breath and see if we still want in in three weeks time or have moved on to wanting the next 'Trick of the year'

Quite right Daphne, however, I’ve not yet heard the dreaded ‘limited supplies, get yours now’ rhetoric, which makes a pleasant change.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I see a lot of talk about the dealers being the ones who set prices, do all of the marketing, etc. Then fingers get pointed. Creators should be able to have a say in at least some regard when it comes to the marketing and promotion of their own effects.

They have all the say that they want but then give it up to the marketers for that quick deal and "pay to the order of".
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Christian_de_Punto
View Profile
New user
Earth - Europe - Germany 138 plus
86 Posts

Profile of Christian_de_Punto
That's how the marketing machine in the "craig petty bubble" works. was successful with quantum, why not to try again...
with the difference, that quantum is a much better tool. but, however.

lux is a nice gimmick to make a reveal more interesting. but the magic has to come from the main effect.

just my opinion...

Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, cardbiker wrote:
I usually respect Craig Pettys opinion but to say this is possibly the best trick ever is a joke , average at best.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, MR Effecto wrote:
To me this looks like the hype will be bigger than the gimmick. From what I’ve seen not interested.

For sure! I didn't even need to figure out the secret it just became obvious to me. Greatest trick of all time? No way! Trick of the decade? Hardly! Nicholas Lawrence', Vanishing Card- Now THAT is a contender!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
WOW!
Ordered. This will be going straight in my bottom drawer along with all the other tricks I buy but never perform.

Thanks Lloyd.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2022, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2022, MR Effecto wrote:

For sure! I didn't even need to figure out the secret it just became obvious to me. Greatest trick of all time? No way! Trick of the decade? Hardly! Nicholas Lawrence', Vanishing Card- Now THAT is a contender!

Having said that- Now to make a writing morph into something else such as having squigglies and marks transform into a word or picture- Now THAT would be worth the price of admission. And with the technique of the double turnover THAT is surely possible.

CONGRATULATIONS Lloyd!

SURVEY SAYS- SOLD! 👍
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
For you Casanovas who like to perform magic to pick up girls- Draw a heart on your hand and while you hold hands with her have the heart teleport from your hand to hers or vice versa depending on the desired plot, patter and technique. 😉👍

I know the wheels in your head are spinning quite rapidly now as you think of Anniversary Waltz type effects. Have stick figure man and woman transform into bride and groom, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LUX by Lloyd Barnes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (395 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..18..23..28..33..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL