The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » COGNI by Ricardo Montoya |Vanishing Inc (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1247 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I just saw a new Imp*** pad Cogni by Ricardo Montoya from Vanishing Inc and I was wondering if this gives a good impression every time.

It seems that it can be used with almost any writing device, PENS, PENCIL, CRAYON AND WITH A MARKER!!!

So this is not like eParaPad or Psypher, also not some cheap copy paper.

- Does anyone here own it and can you write a short review.

- Can anyone say how the impression are, and is the way to get the peek easy and natural?

Thanks,
John
The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Presentation is everything! And if you can dream it, you can do it!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I get a very good impression every time. Simple and effective.
Lakewood, Ohio
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1247 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2022, j100taylor wrote:
I get a very good impression every time. Simple and effective.


Even if you use a marker?

Most ID's need pressure or M**nets... so that's why I was wondering if this is a new material used here... I own so many from simple copy paper to the gold m**netic material and never saw anything that could do the job using a marker without a m**net or copy paper with a marker.

And I'm interested but only if it works well with a normal marker...

Thanks!
The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Presentation is everything! And if you can dream it, you can do it!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I haven’t tried a marker. Video says you can use one. A pencil with little pressure leaves great impression through 5 pages. I’m happy with this
Lakewood, Ohio
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12600 Posts

Profile of John C
Ok, I bought it. I can use any pen pencil sharpie etc.

BUT!! I did a test. I walked around with it for a little while. When I tried to write there was no impression. I had to reset it to get an impression. So after you reset it you have a certain amount of time to do the effect. If you wait too long nothing impresses!!


It's like parapad and riggs pads.

With the parapad and Riggs pads the reset is good until you want to use it again, for days.

Also, the teaching is all in Spanish with subtitles.

Also, how does one get replacement papers? The pad has chinese writing on it.

My opinion is that it's not reliable.

Because of those reasons, sorry, I have to be out! (stolen from Shark Tank)

If anyone wants to test drive one I'll sell mine for $25
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
It does say to set the device about 20 before using it. If you do this it’s close to 100%
Lakewood, Ohio
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3693 Posts

Profile of takeachance
If you pull the pad from your pocket, can it be reset in front of the spectator or is it a bit fidgety
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
He says you can in the video but I don’t think it would fly.
Lakewood, Ohio
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12600 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2022, takeachance wrote:
If you pull the pad from your pocket, can it be reset in front of the spectator or is it a bit fidgety


I can reset riggs pads while talking and this is sort of the same but not as smooth to reset.

The only advantage this has is that you can use any implement to write. But I'd like to know how to refill it?

You can probably remove the special thing and put it in the back of a standard pad.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3693 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks for the feed back guys.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12600 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2022, takeachance wrote:
If you pull the pad from your pocket, can it be reset in front of the spectator or is it a bit fidgety


It kinda depends on your experience in front of a bunch of people and how bold you can be.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Demitri
For me, this was a step backwards from other options out there. In testing, I found the following major issues:

1 - The im******* is ok, but unreliable. The material is sensitive, but I could never get a consistent result. Riggs and parapad are vastly superior

2- The reset is cumbersome. Riggs pads are vastly superior, and the parapad cleanup is also easier. The materials are sticky… meaning it takes a little bit of work to do the deed. It’s not difficult, but definitely not something I’d recommend doing in front of people.

3- The nature of the material, in my opinion, makes it very restrictive in regards to lighting conditions. Even in decent lighting, if I tilt the pad, there are points when the im******** is completely unreadable.

4 - the way the pad is constructed, I think there’s a major misstep. The spot you don’t want people to see absolutely CAN be seen by the spectator, simply in the act of tearing the paper out of the pad. It happened once with an actual test spectator, and I had it happen with my own tests. To me, this was a deal breaker. Riggs pads are bulletproof in this regard. The parapad system is also set up to specifically counter this potential hazard, and in the years I’ve used it, I have never once had an issue.

In my opinion, this is a hard pass. Even though multiple writing implements can be used, it’s just not enough to overcome the shortcomings. I will give them points for a good price and the fact that you get two pads - so that’s something. The extra cost of the parapad is absolutely worth it. With my pen construction kit and cricut , I’ll always have markers and refill paper whenever needed, so it has paid for itself ages ago.
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks for all of the information on this.
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Just got COGNI (impression pad) - Ricardo Montoya in for doing a review. I like it a lot butttttt….

It works yes it does and it works fine but over the years I found so many ways to do the same effect. The reset broke on one of my pads within the 3 try the other pad is still working good. I think this is a nice price and for the price you get two pads
JeremyTan
View Profile
New user
has magically produced
89 Posts

Profile of JeremyTan
Hey everyone! Hope you are well! Here's my review of the COGNI Notepad! Hope you find this useful, let me know if you have any questions or feel free to DM me on IG @jeremytanmagic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fY-RX2jIRg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4fY-RX2jIRg?controls=0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/c/jeremytanmagic

Instagram: @jeremytanmagic
TikTok: @jeremytanmagic
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12600 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2022, Demitri wrote:
For me, this was a step backwards from other options out there. In testing, I found the following major issues:

1 - The im******* is ok, but unreliable. The material is sensitive, but I could never get a consistent result. Riggs and parapad are vastly superior

2- The reset is cumbersome. Riggs pads are vastly superior, and the parapad cleanup is also easier. The materials are sticky… meaning it takes a little bit of work to do the deed. It’s not difficult, but definitely not something I’d recommend doing in front of people.

3- The nature of the material, in my opinion, makes it very restrictive in regards to lighting conditions. Even in decent lighting, if I tilt the pad, there are points when the im******** is completely unreadable.

4 - the way the pad is constructed, I think there’s a major misstep. The spot you don’t want people to see absolutely CAN be seen by the spectator, simply in the act of tearing the paper out of the pad. It happened once with an actual test spectator, and I had it happen with my own tests. To me, this was a deal breaker. Riggs pads are bulletproof in this regard. The parapad system is also set up to specifically counter this potential hazard, and in the years I’ve used it, I have never once had an issue.

In my opinion, this is a hard pass. Even though multiple writing implements can be used, it’s just not enough to overcome the shortcomings. I will give them points for a good price and the fact that you get two pads - so that’s something. The extra cost of the parapad is absolutely worth it. With my pen construction kit and cricut , I’ll always have markers and refill paper whenever needed, so it has paid for itself ages ago.



I agree. I threw mine away. It's like using a wrench to pound a nail? Why?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Yea... I been testing it out in my shop and it some shows and I don't like it! so many other ways to get a better view and faster reset
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2826 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
FWIW, this could have been a 10 dollar download. I bought a different pad and the special material from a local store. I made 5 pads in like 10 minutes. I set them all and I still get an amazing impression DAYS later without a reset.

Nathan
...
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of corindaman
This is similar in working to Mark Elsdon’s Mind Spy
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2449 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I received my Cogni just a few days ago . This is exactly as described. Very easy to use, extremely deceptive. By following the simple instructions, I was able to get great impression’s every time. I experimented with every type of writing instrument. Although the instructions are spoken in Spanish and with English subtitles, it was still very easy to follow. overall, I found nothing negative to report. Well worth the price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » COGNI by Ricardo Montoya |Vanishing Inc (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL