We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What PA system do you use for kid and family shows and why? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1926 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have recently changed. I just got a Samson Expedition 310. It has 12 hours of battery life, blue tooth and two built-in UHF mics, a handheld and an added headset. It is strong enough for several hundred people, is very quick to set up, and completely rechargable battery operated (you can plug it in if you want).

It is a bit large for in-home birthday parties, but it will work. It is great for larger venues and outside. Set up is incredibly fast since it is all battery operated. 27 lbs.

Please note the mics are built in so don't need to be plugged in, and they are decent UHF not RF.

The cheapest place to buy the PA is Amazon at $449 and the cheapest place to buy the UHF extra mic (your choice, handheld, headset, or lav) is SamAsh at $100.

Note: While most venues have their own PA system, to often it is broken, locked up or no one knows how to use it. Also, they rarely have headset mics, which I prefer. I have tried bringing my own mics but have had issues plugging them in to someone else's system. For safety, and ease I always try to bring my own.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1926 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
P.S. I can get this PA up and running in under 30 seconds!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6223 Posts

Profile of RNK
I purchased from Sweetwater. They have a lot of quality equipment and very good pricing. Also, fantastic customer service!
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1016 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I've used the Mipro battery operated PA systems now for over 16 years. Never let me down.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1707 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I use either a MiPro MA-20 or a Bose S1 depending on the venue. I also occasionally us a Fender Passport PD-150 for larger venues.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What PA system do you use for kid and family shows and why? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL