The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wooden Cigars or "performance" cigars (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr.Mystico
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mr.Mystico
Just wanted to pass on, I bought some (yes, I went back and bought some more) of Steve Meyers produced Cigars. I can only vouch for the "unsmoked" (resin) versions, as this is the one that I got... but they are absolutely beautiful! Well worth the price ~ and just wanted to share my experience.

https://www.stevemyersmagic.com/shop.html#/

I've got quite a few of the John Rogers pieces, so that's a tough bar to compare... and again, these are really nice.

Click here to view attached image.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5392 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The smoked version (burning ash) are superb also. It is very realistic, you can almost smell the tobacco burning!!

I have both unsmoked and smoked versions and they are equally well made. I ditto Mr. Mystico's experience!

Either version of the cigar is the perfect shape for sleeving. Even the smallest one Steve makes (3.25 inches) has a good weight to facilitate sleeving. Yes I have, and am using, the smallest version he makes. And yes I have a larger version too.

I can attest to the quality of build and the realistic appearance of Steve's Cigars. I've found no better being made today.

For a bit extra you can have Steve install a steel shim in the cigar. That opens up a world of possibilities in using a magnet to help you hold-out, produce, or vanish the cigar. Honestly, I should have sprung for a pair with shims. I use Rocco,s magnetic sleeve hold-out (remember those?) and already regret being cheap!

Since Steve called these the "Leipzig Cigars" let me also praise Steve's mini-purses used for a Leipzig type of "Cigar from the Purse" routine. Steve obtained a number purses and then performed several modifications to make the purse look good and to work smoothly. Even the ungaffed version has been modified for better appearance. They are the perfect size for US half dollars. Carry five (5) half dollars with ease in them (I do). This has to be one the smallest, functional, coin purse available. Read about it (and buy them) here:

https://www.stevemyersmagic.com/store/p3......e.html#/

Next on my list of cigars from Steve will be a set of Chavez Cigar to replace the homemade versions I use in the old Karrell Fox routine (Foxy Cigars).
https://www.stevemyersmagic.com/store/p2......r.html#/

I highly recommend all of Steve Myers products as quality built for working performers.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wooden Cigars or "performance" cigars (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL