The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Four Side Gimini by John Bannon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pyppo100
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
What do you think of this variant with Bannon's "Four Side Gimini" effect dice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23e8ggl8uUQ&t=9s

In the original effect Bannon suggests two numbers from 1 to 20 to two spectators, but could the variant with the dice make the effect more surprising?

Suggestions for other possible variations are also welcome! ;-)

Thanks!
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of martonikus
The version with dice looks silly to me - just a way to demonstrate the trick without using spectators. A "zoom version" I suppose.

Have the deck shuffled, glimpse the bottom card, riffle force it and have a spectator set the card aside face down or in a pocket. Look through deck removing a prominent matching pair (2 red aces, 2 black jacks, 2 jokers etc) and while doing so, find the three mates of the forced card and move two of them to the bottom, one to the top. Set the pair down face up as your detective cards. Riffle shuffle retaining top and two bottom cards. False cut, then proceed as in the original, but use the face-up counting phase as the kicker. First the two located cards match, then it turns out card in spectator's pocket is a match, then comes the kicker. "Where is the fourth seven? You know, each of you thought of a number. For the first time, can you say what numbers you thought of? Let's add them together." Prefer swing triple false cut over OSE cut. Strong impromptu variation.
Pyppo100
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2022, martonikus wrote:
The version with dice looks silly to me - just a way to demonstrate the trick without using spectators. A "zoom version" I suppose.

Have the deck shuffled, glimpse the bottom card, riffle force it and have a spectator set the card aside face down or in a pocket. Look through deck removing a prominent matching pair (2 red aces, 2 black jacks, 2 jokers etc) and while doing so, find the three mates of the forced card and move two of them to the bottom, one to the top. Set the pair down face up as your detective cards. Riffle shuffle retaining top and two bottom cards. False cut, then proceed as in the original, but use the face-up counting phase as the kicker. First the two located cards match, then it turns out card in spectator's pocket is a match, then comes the kicker. "Where is the fourth seven? You know, each of you thought of a number. For the first time, can you say what numbers you thought of? Let's add them together." Prefer swing triple false cut over OSE cut. Strong impromptu variation.

Interesting this your variant of the Bannon effect ... if I understand correctly, the spectators involved are three, one is forced the card at the bottom of the deck and the other two are made to think the two numbers?

Also, what presentation can I propose for your variation of the effect?

For the original version of Bannon's effect I copied the presentation of another of his effects:

Prophet Motive III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMZWafhBCXc

What do you think?

Thanks!
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2022, Pyppo100 wrote:
Interesting this your variant of the Bannon effect ... if I understand correctly, the spectators involved are three, one is forced the card at the bottom of the deck and the other two are made to think the two numbers?

Yes, three spectators. I'm still working to streamline the cull procedure. I run the card to the top before forcing it, so it can stay face down. Cut deeper also works here.

Many presentations can be effective. For this variation, either patter about coincidences, or precognition would be good choices.
Pyppo100
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2022, martonikus wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2022, Pyppo100 wrote:

Yes, three spectators. I'm still working to streamline the cull procedure. I run the card to the top before forcing it, so it can stay face down. Cut deeper also works here.

Many presentations can be effective. For this variation, either patter about coincidences, or precognition would be good choices.

Thanks!

For the original version of Bannon's effect I copied the presentation of another of his effects:

Prophet Motive III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMZWafhBCXc

What do you think?

Best regards! ;-)
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of martonikus
My reading is that you present 4-sided Gemini as an experiment in coincidence. Sounds great! For me matching a card left in the box is a bit "too perfect". A fantastic trick based on the same principle is John Bannon's "Collusion". "Prophet Motive III", as in your video above, is also excellent.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1394 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On May 1, 2022, martonikus wrote:
My reading is that you present 4-sided Gemini as an experiment in coincidence. Sounds great! For me matching a card left in the box is a bit "too perfect". A fantastic trick based on the same principle is John Bannon's "Collusion". "Prophet Motive III", as in your video above, is also excellent.

Glad you mentioned Collusion... it's ending count...what a coincidence! Lynn (who is so happy to be up on the Café again)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Four Side Gimini by John Bannon (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL