The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What online video would you show to really impress someone with an amazing card trick? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2114 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
This is the scenario: suppose someone is familiar with playing cards, but is somewhat skeptical about card magic, because they've only seen poor magic, and never really seen a skilled performer at work.

What online video of a card trick would you point them to, to really wow them (say outside of TV shows like Penn & Teller's Fool Us or America's Got Talent) to show them how stunning card magic can really be?

My vote would be a trick like Tommy Wonder's wonderfully entertaining "Tamed Cards".

The "Ribbon Act" of 2018 FISM Grand Prix winner Eric Chien would another great example of wonderful presentation and theatre to show them.

What would be your suggestion?

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5097 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8554 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
You might even want to check out some of the 135 or so effects/routines perfomed (and taught) on my 4-volume "Best ever" DVD set. Start checking out the good stuff, guys.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2114 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Harry, this is about a sharing a link with someone to a single card trick on youtube, so that rules out DVDs. But some of the tricks (e.g. Magician vs Gambler) on your youtube channel definitely qualify.

I'm after top card trick performances like that, from other magicians like yourself.
MatrixAddict
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of MatrixAddict
Eric Chien's act is amazing. If you want to impress someone, show them a video of Will Houstoun's Order and Chaos.
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
If someone is skeptical about card magic, I'd ask the person to check out Lennart Green's Laser Deal

as well as his TED Talk: Close-up card magic with a twist (higher video quality)

Fedora
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona, usa
286 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Tortuga
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1044 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Quote:
On May 4, 2022, Fedora wrote:
Mac king,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pKj3ZkEDhE

This could be the ultimate example of getting the maximum entertainment out of the least amount of work. Loved it the first time I saw it and I still do.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Having seen your excellent reviews, I doubt my opinion can add much value here. However, my vote would be:

If you include gambling sleight of hand--well, I don't even need to say.

If not, I would choose something by Daryl. YouTube has a complete performance-only clip of his award-winning Ambitious Card routine.

Or Bill Malone. YouTube has long performance-only clips from a couple of his videos.

Enjoy.
John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
33 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
Quote:
On May 3, 2022, Harry Lorayne wrote:
You might even want to check out some of the 135 or so effects/routines perfomed (and taught) on my 4-volume "Best ever" DVD set. Start checking out the good stuff, guys.

I learned a lot from these about 11 or 12 years ago. Not so much the sleights, I had already read other books such as Royal Road and Card College, but the tricks on these DVDs are top notch. I still perform Rock N' Roll Aces and the other ace assembly trick (the name escapes me), The oil and water effect that ends with a royal flush, and a couple of others. Five of my all time favorite card tricks with a regular deck come from these DVDs. I should learn their names lol. Anyway, great DVDs!
John knows!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5131 Posts

Profile of landmark
To show to a non-magician, Shin Lim. For a magician, Dani DaOrtiz
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2958 Posts

Profile of fonda57
How about the Michael Ammar series on LandL? He does good, clear stuff
I j
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What online video would you show to really impress someone with an amazing card trick? (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL