The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F instructions. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Hi all, I recently purchased a Todd Lassen made U3F. Unfortunately it did not come with the video. Does anyone have a copy of it or David Neighbors' Flight plans lecture notes? Any suggestions would be helpful. I have already contacted Bob and he does not have any materials to support my request at this time. I did notice that David's web site appears to still be running. Anyone know if it still operational?

Thanks.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay dfolson

I just happen to have a PDF Of my softbound book Flight Plans ! It is $ 25.00 For the Book and paypal ! it is six routines !

Ok You can paypal me at coinjurer82@gmail.com And I will need your E-mail to download it to you !

ok thanks Man !

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Search Magic, science and mystery Eric Mead on YouTube. When the video plays, the 3Fly routine starts at about 5:50. He performs Kohler’s routine . If you have the coin set and you know how it works, you may be able to follow along and learn the routine.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On May 4, 2022, NicholasD25 wrote:
Search Magic, science and mystery Eric Mead on YouTube. When the video plays, the 3Fly routine starts at about 5:50. He performs Kohler’s routine . If you have the coin set and you know how it works, you may be able to follow along and learn the routine.

Interestingly Mead teaches the routine at his lectures and workshops but he doesn't consider it being Kohlers? He has made some very small changes here and there but still it was somewhat weird of him not considering it as Kohler's.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Quote:
On May 6, 2022, korttihai_82 wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2022, NicholasD25 wrote:

Interestingly Mead teaches the routine at his lectures and workshops but he doesn't consider it being Kohlers? He has made some very small changes here and there but still it was somewhat weird of him not considering it as Kohler's.

Curious if he said it wasn’t Kohler’s or just didn’t mention it. I knew Kohler back when he was working with Lassen to get the U3F sets manufactured. Looks like the same routine provided with the set sold by Kohler, except for a couple of patter tweaks.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
PM’d you.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Eric Mead
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Eric Mead
Hello my friends:

I haven't logged in here in several years, I hope you're all doing well. A friend of mine mentioned this thread to me and the suggestion that I hadn't properly credited Bob Kohler for his U3Fly routine. Please allow me to publicly set this record straight from my point of view:

1. The routine I do is Bob Kohler's Ultimate 3Fly. Period. Yes, I have made some handling changes to better fit my hands and my style, and I believe some of them are improvements. But the backbone, structure and two most important innovations are all Kohler. (Those two innovations are the application of sl***** sh*** to the 3Fly plot, and the all important method for the last coin. Without those two huge pieces of the puzzle being solved by Bob Kohler, I would still not be performing that piece at all. Anyone who has seen my lecture about it will attest to this being integral to the story I tell.)

2. When I first wanted to talk about the effect in a lecture I called my friend Bob and asked his permission. I told him of the larger ideas I wanted to discuss and why I thought that routine would be fitting, and he granted that permission--with the understanding he would get full credit for his contributions, and I would implore anyone interested in working with the piece to purchase the coins and routine directly from him. Although he no longer lists the routine for sale at his website, at that time he was still selling them. I have spoken in public only four times about this routine at lectures--MagiFest, The Session, The Magic Apple and a terribly truncated 18 minute version at Magic Live. In every case I credited Bob with the application of that technology to the plot, and the brilliant handling of the last coin. Further, I make it clear that without those two ingredients, I would have no routine.

3. The lecture isn't really about the trick itself. It is about my process, and how I approach the work, having a vision of what a piece might be, and all the tiny little steps it takes to follow that vision to a finished piece of magic. It is a 75 minute talk deeply exploring a single effect, and we are more than 40 minutes into it before we even see a coin. Also credited repeatedly in the talk are Chris Kenner, Homer Liwag, Jonathan Townsend, Troy Hooser, Paul Wilson, and Chris Korn--each of whom played a part in my journey with this piece. It is a talk about obsession with excellence, and ends with me still being unsatisfied with the piece, because nothing is ever finished.

4. I take crediting and the history of our craft very seriously. I think we all understand that in performance we don't need to credit creators, and no one begins each effect they perform for an audience with a list of who invented it and made important changes along the way. Yet I still felt it important enough to slip in credit to Ramsay and Conover when I performed the Cylinder and Coins on TV. It was not required, and no one would have mentioned or even noticed if I had not done that. I mention it only to indicate how much those things matter to me. Yes, I work very hard at what I do and my magic all contains a lot of my blood sweat and tears. But I also acknowledge that ALL of my magic is due to the generosity and creativity of others, and I am happy to tell any and everyone in our world who those people are and what specifically they have contributed.

I trust this brings some clarity to the matter of my discussing Bob Kohler's U3Fly.

Eric Mead
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F instructions. (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL