The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom Block Penetration by Magic Wagon (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Maybe this will help appease the appetites of all you who haven’t seen it!

I genuinely think this is great and very deceptive. I think all of this chatter about it is over nothing.

Madison
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On May 19, 2022, MadisonH wrote:
I genuinely think this is great and very deceptive. I think all of this chatter about it is over nothing

I have noticed several entertaining snapshots in your funny video 🤣

Most entertaining communications are usually about nothing

I like the very dark wood block, great contrast to rod
tynods
View Profile
New user
France
20 Posts

Profile of tynods
Wow ! Thanks (again) Madison for the video. The performance is great. The item seems to be fair. My copy should arrive today. I am in a hurry ;-)
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Unless the block is examinable, and it is not, then the method will be obvious to the spectator.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Spectator can inspect the block and nothing is movable or to hear ⭐️ Very good workmanship

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Depending on the method used to keep the block together it should be fairly difficult to simply pull it apart. But when placed just right and with the right amount of pressure should come apart enough to accomplish what is needed and then reconnect. I'm sure being magic wagon this will hold up to pretty good scrutiny. And of course Madison did a wonderful job as usual with his very entertaining video!

Good magic to all,

Eric
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On May 19, 2022, The great Gumbini wrote:
Depending on the method used to keep the block together it should be fairly difficult to simply pull it apart. But when placed just right and with the right amount of pressure should come apart enough to accomplish what is needed and then reconnect. I'm sure being magic wagon this will hold up to pretty good scrutiny. And of course Madison did a wonderful job as usual with his very entertaining video!

Good magic to all,

Eric

Thank you for the compliment.

But if you’re suggesting the cube comes apart in any way, you’re incorrect! Nothing comes apart.

Madison
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 18, 2022, MadisonH wrote:
Maybe this will help appease the appetites of all you who haven’t seen it!

I genuinely think this is great and very deceptive. I think all of this chatter about it is over nothing.

Madison

Loved the demo Madison! I think this looks great!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well Madison then I have nothing but hi kudos for this particular product! I now realize why they made the cube the way they did and it is absolutely ingenious. I am almost embarrassed because this is not only a method that fools laypeople but I honestly believe the design was made to fool magicians as well. It's been a while since I was actually the fish on the hook lol!

Good magic to all,

Eric
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Sounds like maybe black art is at play here. Just speculation.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I have not received mine yet, but am curious whether a second phase can be introduced.

Here is my thought... prior to the penetration as shown, the magician would place the cube on the table, push the rod through the holes, then cover it with an opaque silk leaving the ends or the rod protruding from the sides. He then grabs the rod and pulls it up through the cube while pushing down with his thumbs. The audience can see the rod free itself from the cube. Penetration number one.

Now, the performer offers to up the ante and show the impossible in an even more impossible way... with the cube exposed, and the block untouched by human hands. The effect as shown in the video is now performed for penetration number two.

Of course if the props can't be prepared for a second penetration in front of the audience, or with subtle cover, then my suggestion is moot. Still, it would be awesome!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
If this is the Resor/VikingCW design reimagined for the wooden tunnel and the lid being the motive factor, it is VERY clever. I wonder. Smile

Julie
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hey Julie the inspiration for this is the Resor/Massey/Adams block and is credited in the copy and instructions.

Your idea should work Oz as no prep needed to the cube before or after the penetration. Hopefully will receive mine tomorrow to play... have a few ideas as well Smile I have Bill Adams version of this idea (Bionic Block) and is a favorite in the collection.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I mentioned Viking/CW because George inherited original pre-cut parts for the Resor trick. In order for posterity to be able to differentiate between those he "manufactured" and the original Resor items (yellow painted blocks), he completed all his with a stained wood finish (no paint).

Julie
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On May 19, 2022, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I have not received mine yet, but am curious whether a second phase can be introduced ?

Is possible, but the silk cloth version can reveal something that is not problematic in the original version

You will know what I mean when you have the trick, for me the stand and top block have a function ...
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
With mystical insights I could finally activate the alien cube

Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Fantastic presentation! Your new ideas and additions go way beyond Madison's basic demo and elevate the effect.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
The only issue I see, that laymen will wonder about, is....why isn't it a solid block? Why the weird rubick cube looking cuts all over the block? It takes away from the perception that it is a solid block.
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
I fully agree. Brilliant presentations, but the suspicious block always detracts from the magic - more of a puzzle as to how does the block work. But that's only my personal opinion!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
As often happens with me when I critique an effect.......I oftentimes end up with a great idea using the very effect I critiqued! With a presentation I am working on, the Phantom Block would work perfect (as part of a larger routine). And the unusual look of the block fits right in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom Block Penetration by Magic Wagon (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL