The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ AWE SUM by Joel Harbers (Force instantly with NO sleight of hand) (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
petdetect
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of petdetect
Quote:
On May 19, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I maybe wrong but in the demo a lot of messing by the performer is done after the shuffle from what I viewed (ie rearrangement).
The cube is a maths principle which isnít new, but I like the performance but there is certainly rearrangement going on imho.
Best wishes Gaz 😊

You mean when all the spectators are inspecting the cube and the performer could have produced an elephant from behind the counter? 😉
So the cube served its purpose 😎

But your observation is absolutely right.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I'm going to watch the rest of the tutorial tonight but remember there's more than just the card Effect that can be done with this. I have to admit it is pretty impressive what I mean by that is it really feels like they have a free choice and that's what it's all about making them feel like they have a free choice!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

Just got done watching the rest of the tutorial it is absolutely fantastic! The book test is very good and I did show this to my wife using the card affect and she absolutely enjoyed it! This is a very good effect and well worth the money.

Good magic to all,

Eric
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1535 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Quote:
I maybe wrong but in the demo a lot of messing by the performer is done after the shuffle from what I viewed (ie rearrangement).
The cube is a maths principle which isnít new, but I like the performance but there is certainly rearrangement going on imho.
Best wishes Gaz 😊

So does the performer have to move the cards again after the shuffle by the spectators?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It just seems obvious to me that the top side adds up to 16 so we know the bottom side has to be 12.
Nearly everyone knows the bottom and top of a dice add up to 7 so 4 dice will always give you 28.
So when in the video he says there is one side the bottom side we donít know what it adds up to Iím already thinking it has to be 12 which of course it is.
Itís very very easy to reverse engineer imho and would only be good if he least didnít have to touch the cards after the shuffle.
You can even seen the right hand side numbers on the cube add up to 15 and it means the left hand side will add up to 13 giving 28.
He would of been better off using different numbers at least because the 7 principle is just so obvious.
Best wishes Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On May 20, 2022, magicbyswh wrote:
Quote:
Best wishes Gaz 😊

So does the performer have to move the cards again after the shuffle by the spectators?

Yes he does have to touch the cards. Best wishes Gaz 😊
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

Yes the magician does need to touch the cards but honestly a quick cutting of the cards is all you need to do and that's only sometimes. There are two other points I would like to say about this affect. Number one the cube itself Works flawlessly you know how sometimes when you're doing a Rubix Cube it gets stuck things like that not with this it is very smooth. Number two the book test that you can do with this is just fantastic! I know to some this is obvious but it has features in it that are really really wonderful. And like I said the book test is really great as well as the card Effect. My wife enjoyed it very much and that's when I know I have a winner on my hands!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

I forgot to mention that I have already come up with a way where you can make this a double prediction. And it can be done without having to touch the cards again. You have a second spectator mix the cube and by doing Simple Math you will be able to predict another card they will stop at after counting down a few more cards if that makes sense. I'm also pretty sure a lot of you will come up with new ideas with this. Basically it is a tool that can be used to accomplish some pretty good mentalism effects.

Good magic to all,

Eric
mrree1078
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of mrree1078
Quote:
On May 20, 2022, The great Gumbini wrote:
I forgot to mention that I have already come up with a way where you can make this a double prediction. And it can be done without having to touch the cards again. You have a second spectator mix the cube and by doing Simple Math you will be able to predict another card they will stop at after counting down a few more cards if that makes sense. I'm also pretty sure a lot of you will come up with new ideas with this. Basically it is a tool that can be used to accomplish some pretty good mentalism effects.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Does the trick require the cards to be in a stack possibly s.s. order? This guess was based on an earlier comment made. That's if you can say without giving too much away.
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1214 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
I love mental logs, and to me this looks like a much more recognizable prop than the logs. Now to find a logical routine (for me) to use it with.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

This does not require a stack but it does require a card your prediction card to be in a certain place in the deck. There would be added things you can do if you decide to utilize a stacked deck. But I have to say something here there is a book test routine that is done with this that is really awesome excuse the pun. My justification for using this is really simple I explain that here is a cube which can create over 2 million potential combinations. I then say I don't want to try to influence anyone to choose any numbers I want them to either randomly or purposefully use this Cube to generate a number that we will both agree to use. They have a total free choice. That's why I enjoy this so much the prop looks so innocent but I am telling you it is anything but innocent! And I absolutely love the colorful tiles used on this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Canít you just write your own numbers on a 2x2 Rubikís cube and change the maths to say 36 instead of 28 as I think adding up to 9 rather than 7 which everyone knows would be better.
The effect per se is just deal down to the top side total and dump the remainder on top and count the added numbers from the bottom aka a Gemini twins scenario imho.
Itís clever but I think it could be made more deceiving and if you buy the 2x2 cube yourself you could have various forces from what I can see.
Thatís just my opinion as I think the premise has potential and I have actually seen the maths many times even done with numbered white playing cards before too instead of the cube.
I prefer the cube I might add (no pun intended). Gaz 😊
petdetect
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of petdetect
Quote:
On May 21, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Canít you just write your own numbers on a 2x2 Rubikís cube and change the maths to say 36 instead of 28 as I think adding up to 9 rather than 7 which everyone knows would be better.
The effect per se is just deal down to the top side total and dump the remainder on top and count the added numbers from the bottom aka a Gemini twins scenario imho.
Itís clever but I think it could be made more deceiving and if you buy the 2x2 cube yourself you could have various forces from what I can see.
Thatís just my opinion as I think the premise has potential and I have actually seen the maths many times even done with numbered white playing cards before too instead of the cube.
I prefer the cube I might add (no pun intended). Gaz 😊

Most likely that's possible. But you will miss out on some other great effects taught in the Awe-sum tutorial 😉

Also there's a difference imho between what we know and therefor think that the participants know, and what the participants actually know.

Our knowledge of magical methods strengthens the magic performance, not weakens.
(That sounds like a Jedi 🤔)

I have used this cube a lot (ofcourse it can't be my 1000timer yet, but it might be for Ron) the last few days and it hasn't raised suspicion.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I disagree 70% of everyone knows the numbers 7 principle on a die.
Secondly from the demo the spectators in it were never convinced by the patter and that showed blatantly in the demo imho.
They may have got fooled by the misdirection and the magician fiddling with deck as they looked at the cube (so I applaud the creator for being open there) but I do not think for a second they were fooled.
Like I said I like the premise and I think I can improve on it by using my own 2x2 cube so thatís something good for me at least. Gaz 😊
Ps the method is old and a 2x2 cube is old too but the combination of effects could be good, thatís my feeling anyway
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

I have now had the opportunity to show this several times and this is why I waited to comment the reactions I get are nothing short of great! I I have to admit I did have one person ask about the the dye principle but when he turned the cube over and realized the numbers did not add up to seven he handed it back to me and actually said he did not understand how this worked! What I mean by that is I'm holding the cube right now and the numbers I'm looking at are 512 and 6 when you turn it over the number opposite the one is a 3 the number opposite of the two is a 4 these are not adding up to 7 this in my opinion is part of the strength of this Cube where is if you use regular dice when you roll a six and flip it over it will always be a one when you roll a two you flip it over it will always be a five etcetera but with this Cube the numbers do not offset directly the number that you're looking at I hope that makes sense but unless you're looking at the cube you may not understand the point I'm trying to make. But so far this has been very very well received and honestly the only move you have to do is cut the cards one time and that could be done so quickly I've never had anybody yet ask me about it but I'm still in the early stages of testing this so I will give more reviews as hi test run this more and more but so far I am thrilled with it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

Gaz I'm not sure if you could do that with your cube or not. It would be interesting I just I'm trying to figure out how you would come up with the right combination of numbers and be able to do it like this Cube does. I would be interested if you were able to do it and if so I honestly think having a few of these cubes with different number possibilities would really be great as you'd be able to do different outcomes with what may appear to be the same Cube.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2658 Posts

Also a point I'm trying to make is if someone were to do this with dice I would definitely understand what was being done but this Cube even though I know the premise behind it it still baffles me in a lot of ways because of the different combination of numbers that makes you feel like it's so freely chosen that there's no way there could be an actual order to it. It's a lot of fun to play with and like I said the book test is really awesome.

Good magic to all,

Eric
petdetect
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of petdetect
Quote:

At least.
But I was talking about the cube. 😉

You've made your point and it's clear Awe-sum is not the product for you. 👍 Luckily there's an abundance of magic available out there 😎
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2665 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On May 21, 2022, petdetect wrote:
Quote:

At least.
But I was talking about the cube. 😉

You've made your point and it's clear Awe-sum is not the product for you. 👍 Luckily there's an abundance of magic available out there 😎

I have done Dr Sac dice routine and Its the rules probably a couple of thousands times. No one, not one has ever called me out on the seven concept. Magic has to do with presentation not just showing a Trick. I have been fooled by someone doing a move that normally should be obvious but used misdirection very wisely. The ess8of knowledge is not having it but using it.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Kids are taught the die 7 principle at school and if you canít multiply 7x4 you have problems imo.
Anyway Iím entitled to my opinion and I think it would be better if you changed the numbers.
It has nothing to do with performance as the performance in the demo was great but also very transparent imo. Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ AWE SUM by Joel Harbers (Force instantly with NO sleight of hand) (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL