The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AWE SUM by Joel Harbers (Force instantly with NO sleight of hand) (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I like the look of this but,even remembering simple math is a pain,as one of the sides is face down,i would have to count each side up to find the number of the face down one, I can add up,but not very fast unfortunately, with age my memory is pants.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I believe some people on here are mixing this up with the actual dice method. Although the total will equal a certain number each time when you total up both sides please do not think if there is a 5 showing on one of the tiles that the one completely opposite is now a to it is not you can have a 5 showing on one side flip it over and on that same tile on the opposite side it'll be a 5 as well or could be a 3 or a 2 or 1 or 6 it could be any number but yet when you add both sides you will come to the same total but please do not mistake this for the same principle that is used with dice although the idea is the same the number will come to that certain number but they will not equal up on the opposite side in that particular spot if you understand what I mean. You may not even know what tiles are on the other side yet they will equal the number needed to give you the same number every time but you do not know what tiles will necessarily be on the other side I hope that makes sense. This really is amazing and to my good friend Gaz I will make you a deal if you buy this and you do not like it if you mail it to me I will refund your money that is to you and you only because I believe you will like this and I will make you another deal if you come up with another way of doing this with different numbers I would be interested in buying one of those from you! How does that sound my friend?

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok Eric I will buy based on your review my friend.
I understand the maths mechanics and agree that’s clever if like you say they have shifted the 4 numbers so you are not getting a 5 and a 2 etc but instead splitting them over the 4 tiles.
Indeed that is very clever and a bit like changing the total like I was saying but even better still.
I think on that basis of the 2x2 it will fool many so I will buy it.
Best wishes and thanks again my friend. Gaz 😊
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Right gonna get this then
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Got this on order from Saturn Magic,will be using there website more now, I particularly want to use it for Book Test,will see.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Gaz my deal still stands with you my friend. I now fully understand what you were saying if in fact they did lineup like that then I would not have been impressed either. But you will see there's more to this than meets the eye and I am still very interested in your idea I don't know if you can work something out with this or not about changing the numbers but I would be very interested to see what you come up with if you think it might work. Overall I have a feeling you're going to enjoy this a lot because of the way your mind thinks. I look forward to hearing from you on your thoughts when you receive this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Eric you will my friend. Gaz 😊
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow mine has come,Mrs ordered it only the other day, Saturn Magic, well quick, get to open it next week, as away on my Birthday in Scotland 2 day gig, GLENEAGLES, BIG GIG ,so possibly use it?.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

This takes no time to learn at all. You will definitely be able to use it after looking at the instructions playing with it for about 5 minutes you're ready to go.
Happy birthday to you!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, The great Gumbini wrote:
This takes no time to learn at all. You will definitely be able to use it after looking at the instructions playing with it for about 5 minutes you're ready to go.
Happy birthday to you!

Good magic to all,

Eric

A Big Thank you Eric,can't wait to get watching,i am going to see if I can open it,butter the Mrs up,flowers and a cuppa Tea, lol

All the Best
Shane
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
MMMMM, Me thinks Adding and subtracting something that is seen,get's to what the unseen number is?,Could be wrong of course ,just a bit of Speculation.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wanted to edit after reading more posts on this and yup maths and memory, oh well might find a use for it?,as said my old Brain don't like having to do any math quickly,see what the routines are Like.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

You will find this very simple to do. The math is super easy on one and on the other you don't have to do the math you have them break out a calculator and calculate the numbers on the cube and you will already know what the number is for the book test! This is super super easy to do even for people who don't like math that well it's real easy and real simple. And yet it's absolutely amazing! Please put all your worries and concerns aside you're going to love this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, The great Gumbini wrote:
You will find this very simple to do. The math is super easy on one and on the other you don't have to do the math you have them break out a calculator and calculate the numbers on the cube and you will already know what the number is for the book test! This is super super easy to do even for people who don't like math that well it's real easy and real simple. And yet it's absolutely amazing! Please put all your worries and concerns aside you're going to love this.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Thank you for the reassurance Eric,not aloud to open it lol, I have been trying to work the card at numbers out, I get it to work sometimes,mmmmm not great with cutting off lots of cards ,can do one top to bottom,i have sussed it from some numbers,so had a brain work out ,brain hurts now lol,can t wait for this.
All the Best
Shane
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Not one to quit,I have worked out a good few Bottom side/card at number combinations ,Oh yes so now all I need to do is wait to be allowed to open it up before Birthday lol,Dead easy moves,can't wait to see the Book Test and watch the tutorial,Bring it on,PIN,Numbers come to mind and Padlock Combinations, oh this is going to be a lot of fun.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s very good and very easy, if you do the book test you only have to stand there and perform it’s as simple as doing nothing if you did just that routine imo. Best wishes Gaz 😊 Ps it’s probably the best routine anyway
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I have to agree with my friend Gaz. I really like the book test a lot!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
It’s very good and very easy, if you do the book test you only have to stand there and perform it’s as simple as doing nothing if you did just that routine imo. Best wishes Gaz 😊 Ps it’s probably the best routine anyway

Sounds good Gaz,i like your idea with 9 sided cube,going to have a little play today
all the Best
Shane
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
UPDATE, I've been naughty, I opened it up and copied the numbers down on an old Rubik Cube and got instructions code lol,

I like it,but my god doing the booktest that way will bore my Audiance and kill them off with Math,too much flaffing about, I have an easier ways I can work this with 2 people and getting the Book Page and word,plus a combination Lock one,Love it,the card one is brilliant, I won't bother with them shuffling the deck, I do other Card at number ones that they shuffle and more stronger I feel,all in all .Brilliant good Tutorial and Cube looks great,shhhhh I have wrapped it back up,lol.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I use two people as well on this what you do is you have one person get out their phone with their calculator and the other person mix up the cube and read off the numbers to the person with the calculator it goes a lot quicker than what you think it takes about 45 seconds to do the whole thing and you're done and you have your number. And then you can have the person put the cube down pick up the book go to the page number and you could let them know what the word is.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AWE SUM by Joel Harbers (Force instantly with NO sleight of hand) (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL