The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Spellbinders by Jim Scott (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Do you think magic needs to be difficult to be good? 🤷‍♂️ I don't, I recently reviewed a book that will allow you to fool yourself as you read through with cards in hand.

The book is Jim Scott's Spellbinders, which extrapolates Jim Steinmeyer's Nine Card Problem to new heights with 80+ tricks and TONS of applications. What do you think about this book?

https://youtu.be/a3RDpkCBzhI
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
EvilClown
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
249 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Looking forward to getting the book. Steinmeyer has created some really strong semi-automatic magic.
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
Another fascinating review on a book I otherwise would have missed. Thanks, Jeff!
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On May 22, 2022, EvilClown wrote:
Looking forward to getting the book. Steinmeyer has created some really strong semi-automatic magic.

Steinmeyer has created some really strong magic, period. He's definitely a creative genius, and we're lucky that he's shared his work with the greater magic world!
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On May 22, 2022, abecarnow wrote:
Another fascinating review on a book I otherwise would have missed. Thanks, Jeff!

Awesome 👍 - I love to help people find new and interesting books to add to their magical library!
Randa
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Randa
Thanks Jeff for your great review as always ! It's not my kind of book this time, but I enjoy listening you talking about books Smile
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, Randa wrote:
Thanks Jeff for your great review as always ! It's not my kind of book this time, but I enjoy listening you talking about books Smile

Ha! Thanks, Randa. What is your type of book?
Randa
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Randa
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, Dr. JK wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, Randa wrote:

Ha! Thanks, Randa. What is your type of book?

I said that i's not my kind of book due to the content : spelling tricks. I never liked this kind of tricks.
My favorite book, and I discovered it because of you, is Dear Mr Fantasy from John Bannon.
At the moment I am reading Spoiler alert from Ryan Matney and Alas Chris and Jones from Chris Congreave and Gary Jones : two books full of worker and practical materials with cards.
I wish you could do a review of one of these.
The next one on my "to read" list is The buena vista shuffle club
Jim Short
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Jim Short
I recently picked this up and I don't know if I've ever seen a more exhaustive treatment of a single trick. Mr. Scott has really expanded the possibilities of Mr. Steinmeyer's brilliant original creation. I particularly love the chart at the back of the book that gives the result of starting with various numbers of cards and spelling words of various lengths.

I'm in a tangle right now trying to find if there is a general formula for the result of using N number of cards and words of length X, Y, and Z. If you don't hear from me in a year send a search party.
Was that meant to be edible?
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks for the great information on this!
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1635 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It is a great book.So thank you for letting me know about it as I bought it from Amazon as no magic shops seem to sell it.It would be double the price if they did! I did find the Old Testement material to be difficult to wade through but it's his book so he is entitled to that.
I hope he tackles another effect with that incredible brain!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Can not find anywhere to purchase Spellbinders, yes I tried Amazon, any clues please?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1635 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It seems to be only on the American Amazon but it is there.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Spellbinders by Jim Scott (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL