The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind or Banachek? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
OSTERLIND is lecturing. I saw him lecture in Connecticut this week. WOW, excellent material, and his spoon bending is incredible.

I was two feet away and know how those spoons bend and didn't catch him setting up. Great misdirection. Also his material is within reach of anyone. See him lecture and buy the DVDs!
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Could Mr. Osterlind give us the contents of his future DVD ? Smile
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Banachek, what a gentleman, or dude, whichever you prefer!

I have neither of these DVD sets, but look forward to getting them shortly. Ninety-nine percent of the posts about Osterlind's DVD sets are extremely positive, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there, i.e., wasting money or whatever.

I'd go with the flow of this forum and say buy Osterlind's then Banachek's---after robbing a bank.

-Francisco
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
Banachek's DVD's
New Osterlind DVD's
New Max Maven DVD

"AARGH" I am gonna go crazy. Should start putting money aside for them. Although you know you cannot spend more money, you just cannot help yourself, it is a must to get it. It is worse than a child wanting a new toy.
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
Me too, my list of 'things to get' is steadily getting longer. I'm going to order Banacheks Dvds next week, I cant wait!
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Just back and have to add a bit.

There is conjecture on what has or hasn't been done with my future videos. As of this moment, I can't say anything more than there will be some more down the road. As to when and the content, that will have to wait.

As for Banachek's, even though I haven't seen them yet, I don't need to! When they are ready I will run anyone down to get to them! There is NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING,that Banachek does that is not top notch. His thinking is superior and his methods are wonderful. His effects are always entertaining and practical. Because he is one of my best friends has nothing to do with my praise. He is simply, THAT GOOD.

Richard
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Good to hear from you Richard. I'm sure Banachek is saying the same thing when he reads your post. As always you are a class act.

Just one question though, who would win in a Celebrity Deathmatch?
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Maaaagic!
View Profile
New user
Maidenhead, UK
43 Posts

Profile of Maaaagic!
I have the Osterlind DVD's on order (yes I'm smiling! )and plan to get the new Banachek set as soon as I need some more airmiles on the credit card.
I wish to study as much material of these two men as possible. However, I am a little nervous that I may waste my money on material that is already included in the above mentioned dvd's. Can anyone suggest any of their other publications I should seriously consider purchasing?
O Brien
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of O Brien
Oh, gosh, I hate to pop your pocketbooks some more. I heard that Docc Hilford also has a set of L&L DVDs coming out soon, too.
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Osterlind's DVDs are by far my favorite set that I own. You cannot go wrong with that set.

Banachek, Maven, Hilford...I can't wait!
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
Th Osterlind Set is greate!! So much usefull Stuff. I love it. I will also order the Banachek set. All I have read from Banachek was very good!

Daniel
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I think it speaks volumes about Banachek and his reputation as a mentalist that we're all recommending his DVDs before they've even been released.
I just pre-ordered mine and can't wait to receive them.
Hello.
Maaaagic!
View Profile
New user
Maidenhead, UK
43 Posts

Profile of Maaaagic!
I've ordered the Banachek DVD's as well. I remember reading that Luke Jermay was going to release DVD's this summer. Does anyone know anything about them?
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Thanks to you guys (and all the others) who have pre-ordered the Psi Series. We should have them in by next week and Banachek will be sitting down to autograph all those which were ordered directly through us at http://www.magicinspirations.net

On a related matter, I just talked with Louis Falanga yesterday (Thursday July 8th) and he said that Richard Osterlind had just arrived for a weekend shoot for another set of DVD's. He should be putting together a HUGE set of DVD's this time around. With L&L's release schedule, the new Osterlind DVD's probably won't be released until about this time next year.

yours,
Scott

Posted: Jul 12, 2004 2:36pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good news, we have received our shipment today. Banachek will be signing the copies tonight and orders will go out on Tuesday July 13th.

Thanks again to all who ordered direct from the originator at http://www.magicinspirations.net

yours,
Scott Wells
Managing Partner
Magic Inspirations
http://www.magicinspirations.net
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
I have viewed both Mr Richards and Bancacheks DVDs and totally agree that Presentation is ninty percent of any mental show. I stated with hypnotism and unknown to myself, cold reading when I was 18 so I find Banacheks style very like my own and see huge simularities between his beginnings and my own even though I'm about14 years younger I think. Richard's style is wonderful and I find his jokes priceless, he makes you feel so at ease and his jokes and presentation is one of the best I've ever seen.

I use the material from both Banachek and Richard but I think the best form of immation in Mentalism is to not directly copy them and use your own presentation.
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
You must have both, that is the only answer.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
koan
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
63 Posts

Profile of koan
I have volume one of both Banachek and Osterlind and I prefer Osterlind.
if a dove appears in the woods and no one is around to see it... is it magic?
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
A second for the Osterlind DVD's. They really are some of the very best dvd's I have ever seen. I love his breakthrough card system and his watch routine is so cool!
Gensheimer
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Gensheimer
Viewing either of these series would probably be time well spent. The more exposure one can have to different presentation styles, the better. Seeing the range of styles will certainly stimulate creativity needed to arrive at one's own presentational style. The Osterlind programs are fabulous. And I would also recommend anything by Eugene Burger. While much of his material is not mentalism per se, his ideas are golden.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I think we can just splice together the genes of both of these great performers and make a hybrid Super Mentalist either known as Osterchek or Banalind.
:rotf:
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind or Banachek? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL