We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with Milk Pitcher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jms15
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of jms15
I'm looking for advice on a milk pitcher that works well.

I've been using the Bazar de Magia milk pitcher for years but I can't seem to go more than a few performances without one of the 2 m****ts coming off. It's actually happened several times during performances, which isn't fun. I contacted them and they recommend Loctite E30CL epoxy to glue the m****ts back on, but it doesn't hold for long. I've also used a marine epoxy with similar results. The Bazar pitcher seems to be highly recommended by others so I'm just wondering what others do when this happens. I actually have 3 of them, I carry an extra as a backup in case it fails during a show.

I also have a crystal-cut pitcher but I've never liked the way it looks, it always seems like very little liquid comes out.

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks!
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2926 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
You could get a small vinyl pool repair kit for around ten dollars. It comes with patches and a tube of glue. The glue is strong and made to hold the patches underwater, so that glue should work. I haven't used it on a milk pitcher, but it has worked well for me with water.

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

“We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves” --Galileo Galilei 
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
326 Posts

Profile of Fedora
You may want to try E6000 glue, stuff resists water quite well,
never tried it on a milk pitcher though.
jms15
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of jms15
Thanks for the tips, I got the E6000 and the pool repair kit, so I will try them out.

I'm kinda just wondering if other people have this problem and what they did. I can't be the only one with this problem lol
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3350 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Be sure to clean and rough up the surfaces before gluing them. You don't want to put glue on top of old glue.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with Milk Pitcher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL