The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » LEVITATION QUESTION (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicalDesignPro
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of MagicalDesignPro
In a one point thread set-up, such as the Fearson set-up, does anyone know a way when floating a card to keep the card steady, without having it rotate?

THANKS!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Practice? And a good balanced hookup which takes practice. And the release point where the card goes up should be in line. And how you release it will have an effect on the whether or not the card "dances" or turns.

I dont have the card move very much at all, and I pay a lot of attention to all of those things.

But also remember, if you cant stop something from happening, guarantee it! In other words, make it a feature! If the card always turns, call the effect the..... "Compass card" since it probably will settle at some point unless you have a really bad hookup. But if it spins uncontrollably, it becomes "Hurricane Card" (my apologizes to anyone who might have used those names in any published effect - I just grabbed them from mid air to illustrate the point. So if they are unpublished until now - They are MINE! Smile )

Anyway, focus on the basics; hookup, and release and practice a lot. It can be done.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
MagicalDesignPro
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of MagicalDesignPro
Thanks - I really appreciate your advice!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » LEVITATION QUESTION (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL