The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » The dollar store is a goldmine for props (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
The wife and I got some great stuff last night to build a production box. We found large sections of black foam board, letter stickers, sticker strips for border decoration, and colorful duct tape for the hinges.

Also lots of other things for other tricks:
Rubberbands
Colored paper for Buddha Money Mystery
Glue sticks
Scissors
Tape
Playing cards
Fans for Snowstorm in China
A nice looking trifle bowl to catch cards for 6 Card Repeat.

We had to draw the line, but we only spent around 30 bucks. There are other things worth looking into there as well.

I'm really enjoying the diy thing lately, this has been a lot of fun.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1077 Posts

Profile of Russo
YES, D Y I -is a lot of fun. Made both the character in profile and a lot of Magic effects.Best to you and yours. Ralph
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3780 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2022, Theodore Lawton wrote: REGARDING DOLLAR STORE VISIT
The wife and I got some great stuff last night to build a production box. We found large sections of black foam board, letter stickers, sticker strips for border decoration, and colorful duct tape for the hinges...

I remember a few years back the Dollar Store had Jumbo Decks of Cards (2 X poker deck size) that were of reasonable quality and because they are larger than poker (2 X) and smaller than Jumbos, very easy to handle even using standard card moves.

At different times of the year you may come across holiday specific playing cards, too: Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day etc.

Good ol' Dollar Store Smile
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
674 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I use the dollar store matching cards for my kid shows. Nice quality for the price.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3780 Posts

Profile of Julie
I remember one time the Dollar Store had a bunch of Criss Angel items. My most practical and actually useable buy was his (flap) card box that would hold a poker size deck of cards AND included his now somewhat collectible deck of cards. What a deal!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » The dollar store is a goldmine for props (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL