The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hofzinser Ace Problem ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1255 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Hello,

I'm curious what favorite version of the Hofzinser Ace Problem do you guys like? Any version in mind that's not getting credit? Any versions that little different?

Personally, I find myself performing Darwin Ortiz's Kartenkunste (Card Shark) and Jack Parker's Hof City (52 memories), both are direct transpositions with a borrowed deck. When I have the appropriate stranger card, I do David Acer's Hofzinser's delusion (an old DVD, also a transposition). I like Roberto Giobbi's Cards of Knowledge (Card College 5) which is essentially a change/transformation and is the one I actually performed the most! Guy Hollingworth's version is the one I prefer if I'm doing a twisting version. Peter Duffie has an off-beat one called The Final Solution (to his older versions called Hofzinser in My Pocket. Published in Card Compulsions) that I like to occasionally.

Any favorites, as of 2022?
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
550 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Harapan Ong has fun version I've been playing with lately called "Solvedinzer".

Sorry, no video to link. But it kind of combines a twisting effect, revelation, then a complete transpo of 4 of a kind
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6916 Posts

Profile of magicfish
One of my all time favourite plots. Ortiz' is near perfect.
I like Giobbi's.
But my two favourites are Jennings' A Problem with Hofzinser and Fr. Cyprian's Hofzinser's Departure.
Great topic. So many wonderful variations from the greats.
John7
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of John7
I like Twisted Hofzinser by Nick Trost. Pretty much self working but still somehow has the Aces twisting. I don't think it's in any of his books so probably not that well known.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1150 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Another vote for Darwin Ortiz ...

Mark
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
307 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
Bannon's Reversal of Fourtune is excellent too.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
ShaunR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of ShaunR
Ben Earls Shades of Hofzinser
balbec
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of balbec
Giobbi's Cards of Knowledge
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Also check Edward Victor’s Deo Aces (Magic of the Hands). And Daley’s Notebooks 229.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1005 Posts

Profile of tenchu
You might want to check out my "Double Target". It's basically the Hofzinser Ace Problem meets Marlo's "Push Through Failure". It's pretty cool. You can find it in the November 2013 issue of The Linking Ring. You can also check Mike Powers' book Tesseract and his "Push Through Success".

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hofzinser Ace Problem ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL