The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COLOR MATCH by Tony Anverdi -An amazing utility device with literally HUNDREDS of uses!- Keith Barry (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Some good informations about Toni Anverdi's inventions

Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'm sorry if I missed this, what do we do when the markers run dry as they certainly will? Thanks
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I'm really looking forward to the Anverdi Talking Skull!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, Chaz93 wrote:
Does this have Craigs Blessing? It is after all his effect, and even the name is the same. Looks like another case of someone putting their name on an effect that isn't theirs. If this has Craigs Blessing then awesome and I'll apologize.

Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:

I'm sorry if I missed this, what do we do when the markers run dry as they certainly will? Thanks

In the explanation video they tell you how to re-ink the pen. IMO (and that's MY opinion only) its a cumbersome process. Just a few hours before the performance, I put 2 to 4 drops of Whiteboard Marker Ink on the tip of the pen. The ink gets soaked (due to capillary action) in the tip and will work as good. In case of of extra ink, just wipe the tip with tissue paper and you are good to go. The few drops of ink will allow you to write a couple of hundred characters.

That's my way, other's may vary.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2022, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:

In the explanation video they tell you how to re-ink the pen. IMO (and that's MY opinion only) its a cumbersome process. Just a few hours before the performance, I put 2 to 4 drops of Whiteboard Marker Ink on the tip of the pen. The ink gets soaked (due to capillary action) in the tip and will work as good. In case of of extra ink, just wipe the tip with tissue paper and you are good to go. The few drops of ink will allow you to write a couple of hundred characters.

That's my way, other's may vary.

Smile

I was told.....the thing with this set is that you can remove the "items" and place them in anything, not just makers. So the versatility is great. Replace the markers, not refill.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hello magicmind -

We will be selling replacement pen sets. They will be vacuum-packed for long shelf life. Also, the pens will contain the same safety-barrier feature found in the pens that come with the set. This prevents any leaking of ink into the electronics area. The electronics are kept in an e-pod. As well, the electronics have been specially coated to protect your investment.
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Many of us have been performing the exact same routine with MD mini for years now. No ink to worry about.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
Many of us have been performing the exact same routine with MD mini for years now. No ink to worry about.

GREAT! Thanks for your unbiased comment.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, paw wrote:
Hello Chaz93 -
Murphy's Magic Supplies Inc. purchased the rights to COLOR MATCH a well as all of Anverdi's products/effects well over a decade ago. Anverdi was/is the originator of Color Match.

Patrick

While is true that Murphy's Magic is the legitimate owner of the rights to Anverdi's effects, they DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE TECHNOLOGY used in this modern version of colour match; I know this because I pioneered the development of the tech used. Yes, I created the world's first movement activated transmitters 15 years ago and marketed them as "T•3" which could be used in pens, drinking cups, etc.(I actually coined the phrase, "PK TASTE"). Craig of Pro Mystic asked for and received permission to use my technical concept when he released Bobby Motta's "Taste". Since then, I have done battle with numerous magic entrepreneurs over at least receiving credit for the concept. I hear defenses such as, "we are using different components in our version"; that to me is like claiming ownership of one of Vernon's card techniques because you are using a different brand of playing cards.

I am retiring from this business this fall; I am NOT going to miss the more malodorous aspects of the industry like this.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
I ordered this from Penguin on June 10th and it's set to be delivered on June 22nd! I usually order from Penguin but 12 days to ship it here (I think they're literally using a pigeon) is ridiculous. Anyone else have this issue (just curious)? I saw where someone got it in 2 days from Vanishing...I'm just hoping it gets here before I leave next week...
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Just received, I must be thick but where are the instruction? The URL on the lid just takes me to Murphys Anverdi page with no place to enter a PW. Thanks
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I found them.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2022, paw wrote:
Hello magicmind -

We will be selling replacement pen sets. They will be vacuum-packed for long shelf life. Also, the pens will contain the same safety-barrier feature found in the pens that come with the set. This prevents any leaking of ink into the electronics area. The electronics are kept in an e-pod. As well, the electronics have been specially coated to protect your investment.

I ordered this, and Vanishing Inc already send me the instruction video. But I did not find any answer to my question I write down below.
(Ok, I know, when the pens arrive I could possible find out myself, but, you know, impatience, and perhabs someone else would like to know before purchase!)

So: Does the black "empty" pen also have a fume seal. I guess, all these pens are made at the same time, so that should be the case? No? Yes?

In my first version using this kind of props, (now broken and wasted Smile ) I had a black pen that was used in an existing routine of mine, that did not send any signal, so I knew(?!) that this was picked up, but it was always a bit of: "Is there e malfuntion or is it really the black pen now?"

If this swap to the "sender-empty" black marker was possible, I could use my old additional props and just add these new better pens in my old and trusted effect. For instance, put the violet sender into the black pen shell. Or must I use some layers of plastic shrink wrap for protection?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I have not been able to remove the base on the black pen. At least, I cannot remove it the same way I can remove the base on the other pens.

I have a sneaky feeling the black pen is "normal" and has a full-length ink cartridge.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Any plans to make available a stage version with big thick chisel type pens?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2022, Futureal wrote:
Any plans to make available a stage version with big thick chisel type pens?

I have a couple of Sharpie Magnum pens. I modified one of them to hold a Wilson Remote so I can activate the remote "in plain sight" while I am using the Magnum pen while on stage. The e-pod from Anverdi Color Match would easily fit inside a Sharpie Magnum. The challenge would be protecting the electronics from ink and ink vapors.

You might want to look at the post I made a few minutes ago in the Secret Session topic for Anverdi Color match.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Just received my package.

WOW!

It's almost worth "The Price of Admission" just to open the box!

Gotta love that!
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2022, Magic Mark wrote:
I have not been able to remove the base on the black pen. At least, I cannot remove it the same way I can remove the base on the other pens.

I have a sneaky feeling the black pen is "normal" and has a full-length ink cartridge.

Mark

Thanks Mark.
Post tracking says that I will get it any day now so I can see for myself.
The construction of the pens is just (I think) a tube with the e-pod as an end cap that fits into it.
So you should be able to cut away the "cork" on the black pen with a saw with fine teeth and insert (in my case say) the violet end cap.
Ok, you probably have to add proper protection to the electronics, and seal off the pen tube behind the shortened ink cartridge...
Hmmm... looks like some advanced DIY...
Maybe I should consider change or throw away my older stock of allready printed predictions...
Smile
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2022, Christopher Taylor wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, paw wrote:
Hello Chaz93 -
Murphy's Magic Supplies Inc. purchased the rights to COLOR MATCH a well as all of Anverdi's products/effects well over a decade ago. Anverdi was/is the originator of Color Match.

Patrick

While is true that Murphy's Magic is the legitimate owner of the rights to Anverdi's effects, they DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE TECHNOLOGY used in this modern version of colour match; I know this because I pioneered the development of the tech used. Yes, I created the world's first movement activated transmitters 15 years ago and marketed them as "T•3" which could be used in pens, drinking cups, etc.(I actually coined the phrase, "PK TASTE"). Craig of Pro Mystic asked for and received permission to use my technical concept when he released Bobby Motta's "Taste". Since then, I have done battle with numerous magic entrepreneurs over at least receiving credit for the concept. I hear defenses such as, "we are using different components in our version"; that to me is like claiming ownership of one of Vernon's card techniques because you are using a different brand of playing cards.

I am retiring from this business this fall; I am NOT going to miss the more malodorous aspects of the industry like this.

Christopher

Christopher you and Taylor Imagineering will be GREATLY missed. 😢

I hope to meet you again one day - at a convention or anywhere else to raise a glass at your work!
You brought so many great ideas and items to the table - I’m grateful for every single one.

“The Industry” can use and abuse your work (same goes for ProMystic ❤️) but they can’t take away your achievements and innovation!
It’s all about innovation but so many can’t appreciate it.
“Us” who perform your effects for 15 years now - we know who is right in this discussion.

Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COLOR MATCH by Tony Anverdi -An amazing utility device with literally HUNDREDS of uses!- Keith Barry (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL