The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticker Kicker by Jamie Williams & Roddy McGhie (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
There you go, very nice.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I purchased and performed once in a professional setting. Response was OK but not over the top. I think this really needs a compelling nonsensical story to turn it from a puzzle into magic. You could say that is true for any trick I but I don’t find that to be the case. For some tricks a good narrative is a bonus but not essential. I am not sure this will take the place of other “impossible object” tricks but we’ll see. There isn’t that much to say as the working is obvious, if it isn’t to you then you can go to Nick’s show on on Penguins Instagram where it is discussed in detail. Penguin can do this because the secret is all in the gimmick you need to purchase. Knowing the secret doesn’t allow you to do the trick. The sticker does not match the color of a card exactly for people who care about these thing but I do not think it matters at all. They stickers are reusable but you would need to take the time to stick them to another card right after use to keep them fresh looking. YMMV
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2022, RNK wrote:

Not sure how this is not a force card or from a bank of cards within your deck. The back of the signed card is blank, so it has to be a force or force from a bank of blank backed cards.

You are correct, I forgot that detail. Though it's not blank (it has the sticker), it would just have a white spot on its back.

That being said, you could still have a double backer on top of the deck and the gaff under it. They touch any card, place it on top of the deck, put the sticker on, triple lift, deal it onto the table and have them sign it and you're done.

It doesn't come this way, but if you had a whole deck of cards gaffed and ready to go with a couple double backers on top of the deck, you could have an instant reset that can last you all night.

Spread deck face up, they point to/name any card, you take it out and place it on top of the face down deck. Have them sign it, double lift, put a sticker on it, done.
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
You can perform this without any of the deck or double backer etc, Roddy has a wonderful visual video that I'm sure he will share soon showing this. wow is all I can say.
Roddy McGhie
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
54 Posts

Profile of Roddy McGhie
Hi folks. Just thought I’d chime in on this thread.
I’ve been performing this regularly for about a year and find that it gets great reactions. It certainly has a different beat to it than other tricks I perform so I always find a place for it as a kind of surreal bar bet. It tends to elicit those slow burn, “what the hell just happened there?” moments rather than the run screaming from the room reactions. Particularly the moment when they try to peel the white sticker off. I have had those moments where people lose their minds over it but we all get those perfect audience members from time to time Smile
Anyhow, it certainly plays well and does what it needs to do in my sets.
As to the durability of the stickers, they were designed to be reusable so I’ve found that I can get dozens of performances from one sticker. I tested them when I received samples and found that I could peel and replace the sticker over 100 times before it started to lose its stick somewhat. Even then it was still pretty usable Smile
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
Lovinn this

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfC5o4OJU......MTA2M2Y=

Quote:
On Jun 20, 2022, Roddy McGhie wrote:
Hi folks. Just thought I’d chime in on this thread.
I’ve been performing this regularly for about a year and find that it gets great reactions. It certainly has a different beat to it than other tricks I perform so I always find a place for it as a kind of surreal bar bet. It tends to elicit those slow burn, “what the hell just happened there?” moments rather than the run screaming from the room reactions. Particularly the moment when they try to peel the white sticker off. I have had those moments where people lose their minds over it but we all get those perfect audience members from time to time Smile
Anyhow, it certainly plays well and does what it needs to do in my sets.
As to the durability of the stickers, they were designed to be reusable so I’ve found that I can get dozens of performances from one sticker. I tested them when I received samples and found that I could peel and replace the sticker over 100 times before it started to lose its stick somewhat. Even then it was still pretty usable Smile
rayeden
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rayeden
I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe someone has already suggested this. If not... Instead of throwing the round sticker that is left behind after removing the card back sticker, I found that they work well to create a breather card. Just affix the sticker to the back of a the card of your choice and add it to the deck. Affix two to create a "deeper" breather.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Been performing this out and about for two weeks now, and it absolutely kills. I agree with Roddie that it tends to elicit a "slow burn" reaction, so it's really best to avoid the temptation to step in, peel off the sticker, and put an end to the effect. Let it play out. Give it space to breathe. Let them come to appreciate the impossibility and strangeness of the moment in their own time, and you'll find that the reaction just builds and builds, like a good spicy pepper. Smile
ShinAnLimbs
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ShinAnLimbs
Is it just me that got a dodgy looking faded red back design?
The backs of my gimmicks are more of an orange then red and completely ruins the trick for me both times I performed it got caught out saying it’s a completly different card as the colour is different it’s so noticeable and I’m baffled how knowones said anything about it
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It's the same for my gimmicks. Kind of sad. I guess don't put them side by side with real cards is the only solution.
Jonathan Caner
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Caner
Anybody know what does the refill pack come with? Does it come with normal white stickers, the gaffed cards, and back stickers? just without instructions?
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Refill product page says 10 sets. So I assume 10 sticker backs and 10 circle stickers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticker Kicker by Jamie Williams & Roddy McGhie (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL