The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticker Kicker by Jamie Williams & Roddy McGhie (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2248 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
This is a fun one to do.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/17405

"I love it. Such a trippy impossibility. It feels like you can turn the world inside out." - Erik Tait

"I see a ton of magic, and Sticker Kicker has one of the best endings to a card routine I've ever seen." - Shaun Dunn

You’ve never seen a trick like this. A signed card becomes a sticker that they can keep. We all love those slow burn tricks that hit your audience like a ton of bricks, and this just might be the one that they remember forever. This is Sticker Kicker by Jamie Williams.

Here’s what happens:

The magician presents a little three-round challenge. In the first round, they have to take a small white sticker and place it as close to the center of the chosen card as they can. This is easily done, and they proceed to the next round. In the second round, the spectator has to autograph the face of the card they just put the sticker on. As long as they can write their name they win round two. In round three all they have to do to win is peel the sticker off the back. Impossibly, they are unable to remove the sticker that they applied to the card that they signed. That’s when the magician reveals that the entire back design has become the sticker, and the magician is able to peel off the entire back of the card. The sticker they applied is now a hole in the center of the back design sticker the magician peeled off. Everything is not only examinable; they can keep the sticker and the card as an impossible souvenir.

Sticker Kicker is the kind of topological oddity that turns your brain inside out. When they try to peel off the sticker they applied and realize it has fused with the back of the card, your audience will have no idea you are leading them down the rabbit hole to a truly incredible piece of magic. Sticker Kicker comes with all the props you need to start performing immediately. This effect includes ten gimmicks that are re-usable, and if you want to give them away, refill packs are available. You will also receive instructions on the basic routine by Roddy McGhie, as well as a host of additional ideas that Roddy has cooked up to make this already fun effect a blast to perform. Perfect as its own trick, or the surprise ending to your go-to card effect, all you need is a sticker for the best kicker in card magic. Sticker Kicker by Jaime Williams is your new heavy hitter.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1508 Posts

Profile of Jared
It would be helpful if Murphy's could indicate the number of consumables that are included with the 'trick' as well as the refill packs.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
685 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
The refill pack comes with 10. So perhaps the trick also comes with 10 as well?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This effect includes ten gimmicks that are re-usable, and if you want to give them away, refill packs are available.
Iron_Tool
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Iron_Tool
Would be nice to see a full real live performance. Anyone know if there is one?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'm pretty sure a force card is chosen. The round sticker is placed on the back of that. A double turnover (or similar) brings you the face of the duplicate force card with the weird sticker on the back and then the reveal. Or something like that. The trick here is not in the technique but in the prop.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I am pretty sure you that every magician with a couple of years magic experience knows how it works BUT that is not the point .
The point is that this IS a super commercial effect with an impossible give away which will have everyone talking about you . Also people WILL be asking you to do it on their friends & family.
Any working magician WILL be wanting to work this.
I wish I had thought of this .
Fantastic effect which I will be doing .
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
So glad this effect is finally on the market. The reveal of pealing the sticker just blows people away. Ive seen "muggles" and magicians floored by this.
10 stickers but each one can be used multiple times and there are refills if you want to give away. I never do as the blank card alone I find is a nice giveaway.
Easy to perform with a huge wow factor. that's how I like my magic lol
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1404 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I have loved everything Roddy is involved with and this is no exception, it looks like a lot of fun and a real head scratcher.

Well done Jamie and Roddy.

Joel
www.northernmiracles.com

Support me on Patreon
Miracle Studio : https://www.patreon.com/miraclestudio
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1404 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I agree, the blank card at the end is the impossible piece of this puzzle.

These quick fire effects always have a place in my sets.

A great effect, I like it a lot.

Joel.

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, DJWilliams wrote:
So glad this effect is finally on the market. The reveal of pealing the sticker just blows people away. Ive seen "muggles" and magicians floored by this.
10 stickers but each one can be used multiple times and there are refills if you want to give away. I never do as the blank card alone I find is a nice giveaway.
www.northernmiracles.com

Support me on Patreon
Miracle Studio : https://www.patreon.com/miraclestudio
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1978 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
I'm pretty sure a force card is chosen. The round sticker is placed on the back of that. A double turnover (or similar) brings you the face of the duplicate force card with the weird sticker on the back and then the reveal. Or something like that. The trick here is not in the technique but in the prop.

I'm not sure why you'd have to force a card and have duplicates. Just have your gimmick on top of the deck with a double backer on top of that. They touch any card, you take it out and place it on top of the deck and ask them to put a sticker on its back. Then triple lift and have them sign it and then try and take the sticker off.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I was just giving an example of a simple technique that could be used and pointing out that the charm of the effect is in the gimmick rather than some difficult technique.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1978 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I was just pointing out that a force and a dupe is not necessary, not a personal attack on your handling example.

A double backer and a triple lift isn't even necessary.

Gimmick on top. They touch any card. Put it on top, have them put the sticker on the back, double lift, put card on table face up to sign as you wrist kill the deck.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agreed, very straight forward handling. In the demo it looks like they were handling the single selection and putting the sticker on it while apart from the deck but I am sure many ways to skin the cat.
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
Thanks Joel.

I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun playing with this and the different routines you can do, I love it as an ending to ACR.
Roddys a routine maestro and the one in the trailer is fun to perform.

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, JoelDickinson wrote:
I agree, the blank card at the end is the impossible piece of this puzzle.

These quick fire effects always have a place in my sets.

A great effect, I like it a lot.

Joel.

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, DJWilliams wrote:
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1801 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
If the spectator signs the gaffed card each time, as per the included routine, I want to know how any of this is "reusable"?

The effect looks fantastic but will be $1.50 for each performance.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have a feeling the chosen card is a blank back card so that is what you are losing if you don’t give away the sticker.
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
This also makes a fab "Anniversary Waltz" effect btw.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6422 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I was just pointing out that a force and a dupe is not necessary, not a personal attack on your handling example.

A double backer and a triple lift isn't even necessary.

Gimmick on top. They touch any card. Put it on top, have them put the sticker on the back, double lift, put card on table face up to sign as you wrist kill the deck.

Not sure how this is not a force card or from a bank of cards within your deck. The back of the signed card is blank, so it has to be a force or force from a bank of blank backed cards.
DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
Thanks to Nick at Penguin on Instagram this answers 99% or so of questions etc
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ce1mhmtpLgv......MTA2M2Y=
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticker Kicker by Jamie Williams & Roddy McGhie (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL