The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusions + Mentalism (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

optimisticfool
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of optimisticfool
Hello!

I know some people like to stick with one "discipline" like illusions OR mentalism, but I feel a bit different about that.
I think it would be great to reveal something powerful with mentalism but in a beautiful visual way using illusion principles.

While I am mostly performing mentalism these days, I am curious if anyone has any examples or ideas of someone mixing mentalism with illusion.

Personally I am trying to come up with something that isn't too elaborate (in terms of (super) expensive and large equipment) But still something that ads to the "stage presence".

I would really appreciate some ideas of where I can start, perhaps any books, videos, or even examples in general.

(btw... this is a new account as I'm locked out of my old one. Been a member of TMC since 2012)

Thank you in advance.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17788
read the ad blurb and see if it's what you want.

You'll have to search around for it though.
optimisticfool
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of optimisticfool
This is a great suggestion thank you. Looks like it has several mentalism related illusions. Smile
Madman13
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Madman13
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2022, the Sponge wrote:
Https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17788
read the ad blurb and see if it's what you want.

You'll have to search around for it though.

JC Sum has some amazing work.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2022, optimisticfool wrote:
Hello!

I know some people like to stick with one "discipline" like illusions OR mentalism, but I feel a bit different about that.
I think it would be great to reveal something powerful with mentalism but in a beautiful visual way using illusion principles.

While I am mostly performing mentalism these days, I am curious if anyone has any examples or ideas of someone mixing mentalism with illusion.

Personally I am trying to come up with something that isn't too elaborate (in terms of (super) expensive and large equipment) But still something that ads to the "stage presence".

I would really appreciate some ideas of where I can start, perhaps any books, videos, or even examples in general.

(btw... this is a new account as I'm locked out of my old one. Been a member of TMC since 2012)

Thank you in advance.

That's exactly what Copperfield does with that license plate prediction to car appearance.

I have done my fair share of illusions mixed with Mentalism. Easiest path is an appearance of whatever was predicted.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusions + Mentalism (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL