The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Twinkle by Simon Lovell (Bermuda Trio booklet) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
I am interested in Twinkle by Simon Lovell. In particular the second variation, called PREDICTED TWINKLE.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S29755
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/stage-......booklet/

Is it really as clean as the ads claim???

Here is what Penguin says -
"All the cards are closely examined - there's nothing to find!"

And Vanishing Inc -
"Everything can be examined. There's nothing to hide."

My interpretation of "All the cards" and "everything" is EVERY card in both decks. If that is true [without a d*** s*****] it really would be brilliant. I can think of ways to achieve the effect - but not with two fully examinable decks. I strongly suspect these ads are bending the truth (as so often!) Can anyone shed any light please?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I would say very EZ to do with 2 regular decks, although in this video, red deck by spectator & the blue deck the magi.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Hi Rizzo,
According to the ad description there are three versions in the booklet. The one in the video is the FIRST version - and, yes, it uses two regular decks.

The SECOND version is the one I was asking about. The spectator places deck 1 behind their back, cuts it, and removes 3 cards (same as first version). Then the second deck is spread, revealing the matching 3 cards are reversed. Now, we all know a way to spread a deck revealing one card reversed!!! And it's easy for that same method to be adapted to 3 cards. BUT there is no way, using that well-known deck, that "everything" can be examined.

I can also think of a method whereby deck 2 could be examined - but then deck 1 couldn't.

Hence my question. If the ad copy is accurate (which I doubt) then it really is a miracle.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
At the end, both decks can be examined and the red deck is missing three cards. What's described is what's experienced by the audience, therefore there's always the occult side to deal with.

I'm a big fan of Simon Lovell's. You can find those decade-old tricks in Simons Says and some variations in Son of Simon Says. I don't have the booklet, but maybe some new thinking could've gone into it.

My personal favourite is the one-deck effect.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Hi Claudio,
Thanks for clarifying that.
Nick
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
What happened to Simon? Is he doing well?
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, 1KJ wrote:
What happened to Simon? Is he doing well?

I have the same question. I met him once almost 15 years ago at the Fantasma store in Manhattan. He couldn't have been more friendly or helpful!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I believe it was a year or two that he had a live lecture from England on his birthday. Seemed OK. Getting around is tough for him, since his leg got badly broken before he left for England.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Glad he's doing well. I had heard about the leg injury.

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Twinkle by Simon Lovell (Bermuda Trio booklet) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL