The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Apparitions In Mirror During Séance & Readings (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Hello Bizarre Magicians

For some time now, I have been searching for props or effect that can make a deceased relative appear in mirror when contacted during séance and interrogated. What I found were Projectors with Atmosfx and Creature but they were not what I am looking for. So I decided to come on this forum to ask fellow Bizarre Magicians for recommendations of the name of props or effect that can make a dead relative whose photo has been handed to me to appear in the mirror and speak to us in a question and answer routine during séance.

Because I have heard stories of bizarre Magicians conjure up spirits, angels, ghosts, deceased relatives, demons…. in mirrors and interrogate them audibly. This is something I would like to include in my next psychic reading. I need something visual during my readings and séance.

Your replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance. I’m opened to all suggestions. I’m here to learn!
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Veteran user
Behind the Midway
356 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
First, I'd be careful contacting ANY real, deceased relatives. That's just poor taste for a bizarre performer.

Second, the mirror spirit. That's a tough nut to crack. I've seen small mirrors that reveal a static image which has been pre-placed, but never one on the fly, and definitely not one that could respond to questioning.

Good luck, but please think about not contacting sitter's deceased relatives or friends. Its just wrong to lie to them, or even mistakenly give them false hope.
saturnkk
View Profile
Loyal user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
222 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Sorry, but given our general proficiency in "magic tricks" this seems to cross the line a bit. I also find this in bad taste. Either the person wants to believe (as many do) and walks away thinking something happened that did not or they get upset at the poor judgement exhibited by the PERFORMER.

This is essentially the same BS that John Edwards tried to do.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10719 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Theatrical magic simulations can cause psychological trauma.... especially without proper clarity of frame, safety, and authenticity of what is being presented
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17854 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Ask James Randi......
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1618 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
For the real thing, take a look at https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/artic......r-gazing

For performance - I wouldn't, if I were you, for the reasons already given.

Barry
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10719 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2022, Slim King wrote:
Ask James Randi......

Via seance?
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Veteran user
Behind the Midway
356 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Dr. Spec -
One of the first elaborate" seances a friend and I did resulted (using an entirely fictitious character we made up) in one of the attendees "feeling the spirit move through her" and collapsing on the floor, passed out. Not a fun moment.

Regardless of what we think, some persons wholly believe what is being presented and we would be negligent to not take that into consideration
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of 13
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY ... small, cheap android tablet placed into a wooden frame, edited video of room you will be in from the mirrors point of view, fading into the spirit, same room, same point of view, fading back to room. Shoot the video through a cloudy/distressed/distorted pane of glass. Trigger the video play with bluetooth.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Veteran user
Behind the Midway
356 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Nice!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17854 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, Dr Spektor wrote:
Quote:
Ask James Randi......

Via seance?

Yes... James left a certain code and I've cracked it!!!! I speak with him all the time now via Seance. He says he's sorry. Not sure if I can get him to drop by my mirror or not. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10719 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, pulpscrypt wrote:
Dr. Spec -
One of the first elaborate" seances a friend and I did resulted (using an entirely fictitious character we made up) in one of the attendees "feeling the spirit move through her" and collapsing on the floor, passed out. Not a fun moment.

Regardless of what we think, some persons wholly believe what is being presented and we would be negligent to not take that into consideration

1000%
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Thank you so much for this tips. Highly appreciated. Nice concept. Just like a hologram but what should be used to create the fake spirit and question and answer audio? Do you have any video or YouTube link to this? I was thinking of using a stooge behind the mirror for this performance. What do you think?

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, 13 wrote:
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY ... small, cheap android tablet placed into a wooden frame, edited video of room you will be in from the mirrors point of view, fading into the spirit, same room, same point of view, fading back to room. Shoot the video through a cloudy/distressed/distorted pane of glass. Trigger the video play with bluetooth.
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
I don’t Belive in the supernatural either. Thanks for dropping by. Well appreciated

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, Dr Spektor wrote:
Quote:
Ask James Randi......

Via seance?

Yes... James left a certain code and I've cracked it!!!! I speak with him all the time now via Seance. He says he's sorry. Not sure if I can get him to drop by my mirror or not. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17854 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Dark3rz ... You do understand that Mystics don't believe in the Supernatural as well? Right?Everything is Natural but unfortunately people don't understand that. Just because you can't understand how things work doesn't mean they don't...... Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10719 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Go watch Nightmare Alley
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17854 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The Mentalist TV show had something similar.....
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Thanks for your recommendation. Please which Episode of The Mentalist TV show?

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2022, Slim King wrote:
The Mentalist TV show had something similar.....
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Thanks for your comment. I’m on it now….. I will give you feedback when I am done watching the movie

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2022, Dr Spektor wrote:
Go watch Nightmare Alley
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
Thank you so much for this tips. Highly appreciated. Nice concept. Just like a hologram but what should be used to create the fake spirit and question and answer audio? Do you have any video or YouTube link to this? I was thinking of using a stooge behind the mirror for this performance. What do you think?

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, 13 wrote:

I don't have a link or video. As for the spirit, I would use an actor. When shooting the video the actor can speak answers to your questions with pauses between, giving you time to ask the next question. Hope this makes sense Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Apparitions In Mirror During Séance & Readings (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL