The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Issue with posting images ever since the server is back online? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I'm trying to post a review which includes some images, which are hosted over on imgur. I've never had any issues with doing things that way previously on The Magic Café.

But ever since the server is back online this doesn't seem to be working properly. When I click "Preview New Topic" everything (including the images) shows up fine. But when I click "Post New Topic", for the first time ever I get the error shown at this link:

https://i.imgur.com/JdHJm5W.jpg

Is anyone else having issues including images in posts, using the img code?
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
There are more image validations when posting than there are for preview. Post the URL of the image and we'll see what's up.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I get the error even when trying to post this single image with the usual IMG code:

https://i.imgur.com/JdHJm5W.jpg
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I can't get it to work either. Don't know why, but when I click on the "image" link you posted it opens in a web page. Frankly, I don't know what to tell you there.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
So it doesn't work for you either, no matter what image you try with the IMG code?

Imgur is probably the most popular image-hosting site online, and most people use it - I've never had a problem using it on The Magic Café before.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
It definitely looks like it is an issue with the forum right now. Other images hosted on other sites can't be posted either.

I tried a test image hosted on a different site and it produced the same error, and doesn't let me post it, whereas it shows up fine when previewing the post.

When removing the spaces, the forum refuses to post either of the following:

[ img ] https://testimages.org/img/testimages_screenshot.jpg [ /img ]

[ img ] https://i.imgur.com/JdHJm5W.jpg [ /img ]

Please try this for yourself, Gene, to see what I mean.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I found the problem. Or, rather, the reason. There is a specific function that is off on the new server that was on with the old one. That function has been found to not be secure, however, and is turned off by default. I'm trying to find a workaround to validate images.

Will advise.

[EDIT]
The validations are processed only when a message posted, not in preview, which is why it's happening the way you described.
[/EDIT]
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Many thanks for the update Gene, and I'm glad you were able to replicate the error, and at least identify the problem.

Best wishes in trying to find a workaround. I'll stay tuned, and perhaps you can post in this thread when you've got a fix.

Thanks in advance for all your work!
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene

The above image was added using the bbcode (using your imgur image link) so it's working again. BUT ... while it worked for that image it did not allow the other image because that one could not be validated as an image. The validations look for certain markers within the image file and if it can't find those then the validation fails.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Hi Gene,

Including images from Imgur within a post is working fine for me now - many thanks for fixing this!

Best regards, Ender

Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Aye, welcome. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Issue with posting images ever since the server is back online? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL