The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ring Hole by Peter Eggink (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I just saw this new "Ring Flight" advancement and was very surprised

Seems a little too good to be true, anyone have experience with this

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ok, first question. Is an undone cardigan, jacket required for the disappearance phase? I would think so.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1049 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Looks promising but would like to know how long reset takes.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1473 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Ring Hole!! Really? That’s just inviting comments.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1736 Posts

Profile of Ross W
"Look! It has vanished! And now ladies and gentlemen...I shall make it reappear - from my ringhole! No wait...come back!"

Seriously - did nobody tell Peter Eggink?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
WeeBrian
View Profile
New user
Cologne, DE
15 Posts

Profile of WeeBrian
Ring Hole !!!

Oh Dear...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6422 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2022, David Klass wrote:

Agree, does look promising. Just watch the demo and already I forgot if Peter said that the spectator can open the back?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4406 Posts

Profile of emyers99
After 5 dud releases in a row, can Peter finally pull off a winner?? Let’s hope.
KraftMacandCheese
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of KraftMacandCheese
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2022, pegasus wrote:
Ok, first question. Is an undone cardigan, jacket required for the disappearance phase? I would think so.

Yes it does require a jacket or shirt of some sort
KraftMacandCheese
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of KraftMacandCheese
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2022, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Agree, does look promising. Just watch the demo and already I forgot if Peter said that the spectator can open the back?

They can open the pack. However I don’t believe letting them keep it is wise
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2017 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Patiently awaiting Craig's review.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
667 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Mark T from Saturn Magic didn’t speak very highly of this on one on his recent lives. Mark is trust worthy and respectfully does speak honestly too.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2095 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Well I was afraid I’d be disappointed and it’s actually all right imo. I was surprised by the vanish phase, I wasn’t expecting that - not something I had seen before and I’ll most probably use it. It’s inspired by other systems that have been used in the past (Interlace by Richard Sanders, Rodrigo Romano’s Coin to Wallet or Cyclic Ring which I really like - I have actually modified Cyclic Ring to have the ring appear in my back pocket while only wearing a t-shirt) but I haven’t seen the actual vanish done like that: with this addition (the rest of the system is pretty much the same idea) there is no move (or hardly any) - you just cover the ring for a second and it vanishes. It’s that clean. No !@#$e transfer or waving of the hand, you literally just cover the ring and it’s done, just like in the video (and no it’s not a p**l).

You do need a shirt or a jacket to perform this and while the spectator could theoretically open the packet himself with some spec management they wouldn’t be able to keep it. I’m not sure what to think of the appearance in the candy pack. I think I was expecting something different - it does what it says though but I think I was expecting a system that would enable you to literally hand them the candy pack, having them inspect it and open it but it’s not that. You can relatively freely show it from all angles but they wouldn’t be able to handle it for too long. Still an interesting idea though.

Basically I wasn’t sure what to expect from the vanish (I even thought it might be edited on the video) and I was pleasantly surprised (even when receiving the gimmick I still didn’t guess how it worked) and I had other expectations for the appearance and it’s not what I thought. You also only get materials to gimmick one pack only but refills are very cheap and you can find them very easily. Making the gimmick is also really easy and quick.

Overall I quite like it, I’ll definitely use the vanish which I find quite clever (would be interested to know if he came up with that - also, in case some people wondering, the vanish is tailored for rings only, don’t get this if you expect to use it for coins), as for the appearance, honestly why not, it’s still quite interesting, I don’t think I’ll let them open the candy pack and I’ll probably do a switch in the end to let them keep a pack because let’s face it, they’ll probably want to have a look at it… but that’s optional of course.

Finally no comment on the presentation… I definitely won’t use his! Smile
Ben
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2095 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:

Under 2-3 min. Probably under a minute once you’ve done it a few times. If you want to use this in walkaround type of situations you’d need to prepare as many packs as you want to do the trick. In that case (you already have the pack prepared), reset would take under 10 seconds.
Ben
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6422 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think you may have to be ready to switch the bag because the spectator may not want to eat the candies or all of them.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, goldeneye007 wrote:

You get materials to gimmick one pack only but refills are very cheap and you can find them very easily

Can you use other candy packs that are on the market or even other little plastic packs ?

A funny Ring Hole review Smile https://www.thejerx.com/blog/2022/7/19/s......ing-hole
giochi
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of giochi
Quote:
Well I was afraid I’d be disappointed and it’s actually all right imo. I was surprised by the vanish phase, I wasn’t expecting that - not something I had seen before and I’ll most probably use it. It’s inspired by other systems that have been used in the past (Interlace by Richard Sanders, Rodrigo Romano’s Coin to Wallet or Cyclic Ring which I really like - I have actually modified Cyclic Ring to have the ring appear in my back pocket while only wearing a t-shirt) but I haven’t seen the actual vanish done like that: with this addition (the rest of the system is pretty much the same idea) there is no move (or hardly any) - you just cover the ring for a second and it vanishes. It’s that clean. No !@#$e transfer or waving of the hand, you literally just cover the ring and it’s done, just like in the video (and no it’s not a p**l).

You do need a shirt or a jacket to perform this and while the spectator could theoretically open the packet himself with some spec management they wouldn’t be able to keep it. I’m not sure what to think of the appearance in the candy pack. I think I was expecting something different - it does what it says though but I think I was expecting a system that would enable you to literally hand them the candy pack, having them inspect it and open it but it’s not that. You can relatively freely show it from all angles but they wouldn’t be able to handle it for too long. Still an interesting idea though.

Thanks for this! Can you make it just appear in your pocket or elsewhere to make it appear somewhere else other than the candy wrapper?

Basically I wasn’t sure what to expect from the vanish (I even thought it might be edited on the video) and I was pleasantly surprised (even when receiving the gimmick I still didn’t guess how it worked) and I had other expectations for the appearance and it’s not what I thought. You also only get materials to gimmick one pack only but refills are very cheap and you can find them very easily. Making the gimmick is also really easy and quick.

Overall I quite like it, I’ll definitely use the vanish which I find quite clever (would be interested to know if he came up with that - also, in case some people wondering, the vanish is tailored for rings only, don’t get this if you expect to use it for coins), as for the appearance, honestly why not, it’s still quite interesting, I don’t think I’ll let them open the candy pack and I’ll probably do a switch in the end to let them keep a pack because let’s face it, they’ll probably want to have a look at it… but that’s optional of course.

Thanks for this! Can you just retrieve the ring from your pocket or elsewhere in order to make it reappear somewhere else?
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2095 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:

You get materials to gimmick one pack only but refills are very cheap and you can find them very easily

Can you use other candy packs that are on the market or even other little plastic packs ?

A funny Ring Hole review Smile https://www.thejerx.com/blog/2022/7/19/s......ing-hole

Hey yes you can. What is supplied will only work with candy packs that have the same size as Skittles but once you know how to gimmick the pack it’s very easy (and cheap) to customise any other similar candy packs with different dimensions (there might be some limitations but aside from it has to fit in one of your pockets - it can be a big pocket - I can’t think of any other right now).
Ben
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2095 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, giochi wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for this! Can you make it just appear in your pocket or elsewhere to make it appear somewhere else other than the candy wrapper?

Thanks for this! Can you just retrieve the ring from your pocket or elsewhere in order to make it reappear somewhere else?

Yep! And in that case set-up is minimal (maybe about a minute) and there isn’t really any reset.
Ben
giochi
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of giochi
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, giochi wrote:
Quote:

Yep! And in that case set-up is minimal (maybe about a minute) and there isn’t really any reset.

Thanks again for the helpful info! Just curious, do you prefer this over Cyclic Ring?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ring Hole by Peter Eggink (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL