The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tales From The Invisible Door by Vito Gattullo (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I don’t usually plug or recommend items as that quickly becomes a slippery slope in our world. (Vito has no idea I’m posting this.)

You know the drill: Everyone likes everything (well, till hype dies down and items are being sold a month later because they “Don’t fit my Style.”); Friends support friends and say nice things, usually with a stock line or two, yet never use or do any of the material they endorse.

Worse yet, sometimes they don’t even credit their friends, or anyone else for that matter, creations and ideas as inspiration for the items they later try to sell you.

Not to mention material is subjective to begin with, much like personal taste in music. It all makes taking a chance on something difficult. I know we all can name items we’ve been burned on.

For me, Tales from the Invisible Door stands out among many of the publications released recently that I’ve read.

With Vito’s work you avoid pipe dreams and find practical road-tested methods that do not require costly or expensive gimmicks to produce the effects.

Beyond methods, he includes some very interesting premises and routines all written with a pleasant narrative style.

Vito also takes great care in crediting others. Both for inspirations of his work, but also for similar presentations to help the reader if they are interested in similar concepts.

I feel fortunate when I read something and I get even a single idea from from it. Vito’s work contributed multiple ideas to me as well as encouraged me to look further into the deep literature of our art.

You can tell this was a work of love for performing and the art itself. Don’t let the next hyped item waste your time and money. Spend them on a true work of passion that can not only inform but inspire you. Go through the Invisible door while you can.

https://www.lulu.com/shop/vito-gattullo/......geSize=4
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
vigi
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of vigi
I want to thank Graymatter_Fireworks publicly for writing this review (especially because he actually bought my book and *payed for it* )

My friends and family know that I don't like to brag about what I do and I try to be as much as underground as possible, that's why usually I don't promote my works (for example my routines and ideas in books "Brain Games" by Max Vellucci, "For Bob Cassidy" by Pablo Amira, "Merry Christmas 2018" by Sleight of tongue", "Dice Mysteries" by Steve Drury and so on...)

But I'm glad a lot of people who bought my book found it inspiring and the fact that many of them are writing to me their feedback is touching.

Amongst the review my book "Tales from the Invisible Door" it's getting, I want to share this one from the International Magic Magazine "The Linking Ring" by Rolando Santos: "It is rare to find a book on mentalism and storytelling with sound practical advice and proven working material written in an engaging, plain-speaking, and logical manner that makes you want to keep reading."

"Anyone who performs magic would benefit from buying this book. Gattullo has precisely articulated something about which we all have heard bits and pieces but have rarely seen spelled out so clearly. Pay attention to how succinct the presentations are, how everyday items and emotions connect to an audience, and how the magic takes center stage instead of the performer. Then, instead of seeing a magic show, your audience will leave having had a magical experience."

"Tales from the Invisible Door distills various mystery entertainment theories and provides presentations and plot concepts that take advantage of the best of those theories. Highly recommended."

More info, reviews and sample pages from my book at this link: https://tinyurl.com/invisible-door
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms" - Muriel Rukeyzer
vigi
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of vigi
Just got another great review from Erick Fearson, whom I would like to thank for his kind words on "Magicus Magazine - Le magazine des presti-agitateurs":

"Vito fully understood the need to create atmosphere and context to captivate his audience and provide them with an experience rather than just tricks. Although most of the principles used by our man are known to mentalists worthy of the name, all the routines are very well thought out, in particular because he diverts classic processes to achieve his ends."

"Beyond the proposed routines, Vito also invites you to ask yourself essential questions about your approach as a mentalist, as well as about building your number. Questions which, unfortunately, are too often overlooked by opportunists who embark on the discipline, simply because it is fashionable."

"Tales from the invisible door is a very good book and Vito a promising author for the future. When's the next installment?"

If you wish to buy it mind that on Lulu.com there is a 10% off discount unti 16th of September, using code CRAFT10
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms" - Muriel Rukeyzer
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I found this humorous....

"My friends and family know that I don't like to brag about what I do and I try to be as much as underground as possible, that's why usually I don't promote my works (for example my routines and ideas in books "Brain Games" by Max Vellucci, "For Bob Cassidy" by Pablo Amira, "Merry Christmas 2018" by Sleight of tongue", "Dice Mysteries" by Steve Drury and so on...)"

Good luck my man!!

Promote yourself... it's possible no one else will.
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2022, John C wrote:

Promote yourself... it's possible no one else will.

It reads to me he is simply trying to show establish credibility. However, wouldn’t my review prove this statement of yours wrong?
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tales From The Invisible Door by Vito Gattullo (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL