The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New book on Erdnase (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Just read with great fascination the relatively new book on Erdnase, The Gambler and his Book by Dr. Chris Wasshuber. I felt it was amazingly well researched.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1156 Posts

Profile of Chris
Thanks Gregg. Just a minor correction. The official title of the book is "The Cardsharp and his Book". More details here https://www.lybrary.com/the-cardsharp-an......843.html
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Oh, I got the name wrong. Sorry.
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Also good to mention, the new research on Erdnase has yielded an interesting find. Erdnase wrote another book under a different pseudonym, Eugene Edwards. This book is Jack Pots. It is a book of stories about a travelling gambler at the turn of the century. This may provide patter and presentational ideas. There are no moves or tricks, but Erdnase afficionados will enjoy knowing he wrote another book. Available from Lybrary.com
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
The experts in the Genii thread on Erdnase seem to have rejected this research as seriously flawed?

There seems to be nobody at all with any credentials who supports these findings?
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1156 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2022, Mr. Bones wrote:
The experts in the Genii thread on Erdnase seem to have rejected this research as seriously flawed?

There seems to be nobody at all with any credentials who supports these findings?

There is plenty of support Gallaway gets judged by the emails I receive, but many have decided to not post on the Genii forum because of some 'experts' there who think their uninformed opinion must count. Rather than talk in generalities can you state one cogent argument why Gallaway can't be Erdnase in your opinion?
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
David Copperfield's History of Magic includes Gallaway as one of the possible authors.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Copperfields book presents Gallaway as one of a dozen potential candidates … whereas you two are presenting him AS Erdnase, and you’re doing so absent any actual proof to back your assertion.

Do you see the difference?
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1156 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2022, Mr. Bones wrote:
Copperfields book presents Gallaway as one of a dozen potential candidates … whereas you two are presenting him AS Erdnase, and you’re doing so absent any actual proof to back your assertion.

Do you see the difference?

Have you read my research on Gallaway? Have you read my ebook?
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Chris has found compelling evidence. I used to think it was Sanders, but after reading Dr. Wasshuber's book, I must say I'm flabbergasted by how much evidence he's found. It is a difficult read. Some of the forensic analysis takes some concentration. It may be too complicated for some.
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2022, gregg webb wrote:
It may be too complicated for some.

It's not at all complicated, and anybody reading the Genii thread on Erdnase will already know this research has been throughly debunked.

I do, however, see some works written by a "gregg webb" for sale on Lybrary, is there some sort of quid pro quo deal whereby you attempt to reference this work in as many "innocent" posts on the Magic Café as possible (as you've done in various forums here) - in return for Lybrary selling your wares?
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Not at all. I just think the book by Dr. Wasshuber is terrific. That is all. But, I would say "very smart" may be a relative term by someone who is seemingly upset by something he hasn't even read. The forensic analysis part of the book was difficult for me to wade through. You're misconstruing my meaning in more than one area. Perhaps you should read the book and then we'll continue your discussion. I post under my own name. Why don't you, or do I have to guess. (Easier to be rude when posting under a pseudonym?) p.s. Do you mean by "debunked" that they didn't read it, or maybe just skimmed it, and yet speak out about it?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16356 Posts

Profile of tommy
Being an Erdnase student and having some experience in printing myself-counterfeiting German banknotes actually- I find the idea that Erdnase might have been a printer quite intriguing. I have not read the eBook in question: mainly because I think that unlike real books eBooks cost nothing to print and distribute and so I think asking $45 for one is too much.

The ERDNASE thread

This is a single-page version of the ERDNASE thread on the Genii forum, useful for quickly searching the entire thread. After each post title is a link to the corresponding original post on the forum. The thread is also available in PDF, EPUB, and Kindle formats for offline reading. To filter the page on posts by a specific user, enter their Genii forum username:

https://lookingforerdnase.polyscopic.works/thread/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
The fact that he was a newspaper writer, sometimes in German, interested me as well as some interesting German magic books he knew about.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
I can't wait until Erdnase's true identity is finally confirmed with 100% certainty. Literally everything in magic and gambling sleight of hand will change when we find out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New book on Erdnase (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL