The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PORTRAIT WOW By Katsuya Masuda and Roman Garcia (A large version of best selling WOW effect) (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of loeld
Hi! I like it, but I am a mentalist so I will not buy it. As some of you know I have a collaboration with Katsuya Masuda since three years back and we have released Frozen in Time 2.0 and the Stage version. During the next two years we will release six more products. As we collaborate Masuda send me most of his new items. He has produced three versions of WOW Jumbo, but only one is for sale. I have WOW Jumbo Volume one and that is one change of a jumbo card. Then he produced volume two and in that one there are two changes. He also sent me WOW Jumbo blank and I will use that in a longer mentalism routine( I also use it as a clipboard). I have also received two non gimmicked sleeves. I can do this routine with volume one and a ungimmicked sleeve, but with jumbo cards! It’s nice!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Thanks Lars.
I was actually thinking exactly the same regarding jumbo cards in the Wow sleeve!

Where can one find a non gimmick sleeve for jumbo cards? Thank you ????
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of loeld
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Thanks Lars.
I was actually thinking exactly the same regarding jumbo cards in the Wow sleeve!

Where can one find a non gimmick sleeve for jumbo cards? Thank you ????

If you want ungimmicked sleeves then you have to contact Katsuma Masuda! Maybe he can sell them

All the best. lp loeld
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Thanks Lars.
I shall avoid emoji's in future, as they make the 'thank you ' look sarcastic!
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of loeld
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Thanks Lars.
I shall avoid emoji's in future, as they make the 'thank you ' look sarcastic!

????

So an emoj look like this. Didn’t know
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
It does.
It makes me absolutely FURIOUS ????
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1454 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Vanishing inc gives this information about the video performance:

« IMPORTANT TRAILER CLARIFICATION
At around the 56-second mark, the trailer shows a more open exchange of the drawings than what is actually possible. You will need to hold both WOWs face down for an extremely brief moment before handing them theirs to hold face down and turning yours back face up. This happens in a couple seconds on an off-beat and does not hinder the effect at all. It is still perceived by the spectator exactly as described above. »
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6016 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2022, emyers99 wrote:
The beauty of picto is that the move is naturally covered by the sequence of the routine. I agree that an uncut video would be very helpful here as the do cut out the primary move. It’s not a trick where an uncut video would reveal the method and enable someone to make it vs buy it. So an edited video was not needed here.


I agree with Eric. They ought to show a full, uncut performance because no one is going to make this up on their own.
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
OK, thanks for the feedback, no wonder I was impressed... disappointed that the video was edited, but at least now all makes sense... I think this is false advertising, no wonder the additional sentence was added onto one sellers website. I wonder if all sellers will do the same.
RomanGarcia262
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of RomanGarcia262
Hello friends,
In this video you can see the effect without cuts or editing. Contains 6 versions.
https://youtu.be/vxu8eD7HA-k
I hope you like it.
Román García
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1957 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Mexican Turnover for the win. Thanks for sharing, Román
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
The stick figure make this trick like it was made for a child birthday party. A fleshed out parlor routine could have made this trick so much better. Regardless I love the ability to take WOW in a parlor setting and away from cards
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
Thank you for adding the uncut effect and the 6 versions Roman! I do like your effect (and the WOW sleeve from Masuda). I do not think the original cut version of the video was necessary, the effect is a very nice one indeed. Thank you for giving WOW more meaning and many more possibilities!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1957 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2022, JETlivesOn wrote:
The stick figure make this trick like it was made for a child birthday party.


I completely disagree. You ask the spectator to draw you, and then you say you'll draw them. It's a decently funny gag to see you just drew a stickman after all that time. How is that for kids?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6016 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2022, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2022, JETlivesOn wrote:
The stick figure make this trick like it was made for a child birthday party.


I completely disagree. You ask the spectator to draw you, and then you say you'll draw them. It's a decently funny gag to see you just drew a stickman after all that time. How is that for kids?


I agree with Patrick. It fits my style perfectly. Give the impression you’re creating a masterpiece and then show the stick figure.
Plus, it’s practical because it has to be generic enough to represent pretty much any human being (adult, child, male, female, race, ethnicity, etc.) and I certainly don’t want to be having to match a more complex drawing for every performance. A few have stated that they don’t like the stick figure but no one has suggested what they would replace it with.
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
I agree with Patrick and videoman. Not only do I have no problem with the stick figure, but I agree that it is funny, generic and will play well and be understood by all audiences. I really like the stick figure.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2022, RomanGarcia262 wrote:
Hello friends,
In this video you can see the effect without cuts or editing. Contains 6 versions.
https://youtu.be/vxu8eD7HA-k
I hope you like it.
Román García



Class act, Roman. And well done for coming up with such a terrific application of the Wow Gimmick!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6016 Posts

Profile of videoman
Just got this and am having problems with it. The gimmick is SO tight I cannot move it consistently.
Yes, there are suggestions to deal with this on the video but those haven’t worked so far for me, and I’ve done them every which way on every side about 100 times.
Right now I have a bunch of card stock crammed in there on both sides hoping it will get it to loosen up a bit.

Strange, because I own a few of the poker sized WOW gimmicks and never had a hint of an issue like this. I get that there is more surface area so more friction to deal with but as it is now it is unusable. I’ll leave it the way I have it for a day or two to see if that helps loosen it and if not I will have to send it back.
Very disappointing for what is NOT an inexpensive prop. This should have been made with a bit more precision. It feels like a $3.99 toy from the drugstore.

Anyone else had issues with this?
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
63 Posts

Profile of Armando Cheung
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2022, videoman wrote:
Just got this and am having problems with it. The gimmick is SO tight I cannot move it consistently.
Yes, there are suggestions to deal with this on the video but those haven’t worked so far for me, and I’ve done them every which way on every side about 100 times.
Right now I have a bunch of card stock crammed in there on both sides hoping it will get it to loosen up a bit.

Strange, because I own a few of the poker sized WOW gimmicks and never had a hint of an issue like this. I get that there is more surface area so more friction to deal with but as it is now it is unusable. I’ll leave it the way I have it for a day or two to see if that helps loosen it and if not I will have to send it back.
Very disappointing for what is NOT an inexpensive prop. This should have been made with a bit more precision. It feels like a $3.99 toy from the drugstore.

Anyone else had issues with this?


I had same issue as well, just like what you did, the gimmick part was still stuck.
Because I bought at the local magic shop, shop manager asked for supplier to give me a replacement.
The replacement work perfectly.
Perhaps quality check process is not very good. Apart from it, That is fantastic, practical and easy.
Can’t describe how much I love Wow Portrait.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PORTRAIT WOW By Katsuya Masuda and Roman Garcia (A large version of best selling WOW effect) (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL