The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Erdnase Movie (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5110 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I found this video. Looks very interesting. Check it out.

https://erdnase-movie.com/
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5110 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1132 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I'm interested, but will wait for others to share their reviews before I spend 14 euros to rent it.

Mark
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
50 Posts

Profile of mandrax
I agree this looks good. Looks like a good movie + a documentary on a mystery.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1132 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I went ahead and rented the film and my wife and I watched it this afternoon. It was well worth the 14 euro rental. The film is well done with (for the most part) good to excellent acting.

To my surprise, the film does expose several card slights. The moves aren't explained, per se. Rather, they are simply shown from an angle that exposes what the practitioner is trying to achieve (palming, second dealing, etc.).

Anyway, today is my birthday and this was a nice way to spend part of the afternoon. I plan to purchase the film when it becomes available via iTunes.

Mark
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1222 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I understand the film spends considerable time on Milton Franklin Andrews, a candidate that Erdnase researchers have by now pretty much dismissed. And nothing about W.E. Sanders, an Erdnase candidate with compelling circumstantial evidence in his favor.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1132 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I'm not inclined to post spoilers in the open forum when so few people have seen the film.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1132 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I wrote the film's producers to ask when the film will be available for purchase on services like iTunes or possibly on Blu-ray. A rep replied to say:

"We don't have DVDs or BluRay planned so far, but there might be a collector's edition or so next year. iTunes, amazon & Co might also follow."

So, apparently, there are no immediate plans to release this film on mainstream services. So, I'm a bit baffled about this hyped "premiere" via the film's website.

One thing for sure, I will not pay $14 every time I wish to see the film. If I can't purchase a copy (own a copy) or a much less expensive rental price comes along, then yesterday's screening will be my last.

Mark
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4628 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Oh no DVD that's me out of the game then.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
851 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, Fire Starter wrote:

Exactly....$14 just to stream it for 2 days? nope
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2701 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2022, Magic Mark wrote:
I wrote the film's producers to ask when the film will be available for purchase on services like iTunes or possibly on Blu-ray. A rep replied to say:

"We don't have DVDs or BluRay planned so far, but there might be a collector's edition or so next year. iTunes, amazon & Co might also follow."

So, apparently, there are no immediate plans to release this film on mainstream services. So, I'm a bit baffled about this hyped "premiere" via the film's website.

One thing for sure, I will not pay $14 every time I wish to see the film. If I can't purchase a copy (own a copy) or a much less expensive rental price comes along, then yesterday's screening will be my last.

Mark

But exposed sleights you mentioned...you want it to be mainstream?
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
The book was better.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
972 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2022, gregg webb wrote:
The book was better.

Which book? The Man Who Was Erdnase by Barton Whaley?
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, dman11 wrote:
Quote:

If they would have released it in the Cinema you would pay the same for 2 hours instead of 2 days.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
851 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2022, coachawsm wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

If they would have released it in the Cinema you would pay the same for 2 hours instead of 2 days.

Maybe

But even still, going to the movies is a whole experience...You're getting the "rental" of the big screen and sound where its just a better overall experience..
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2022, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2022, coachawsm wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe

But even still, going to the movies is a whole experience...You're getting the "rental" of the big screen and sound where its just a better overall experience..

Yeah I am sure the experience of an Indie card magic movie in a cinema is a very different one Smile
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
569 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Yeah I am sure the experience of an Indie card magic movie in a cinema is a very different one Smile [/quote]

LOL!!!!! Smile
Original Card Clinician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Erdnase Movie (19 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL