The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Bill Malone - Dr Daley's Last Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
I really like the Dr Daley's Last Trick effect performed by Bill Malone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ziHaFQA6K4

I have a curiosity ... in the management of the first card, the ace of spades, uses his left hand, while for the management of the next card, the ace of clubs, he passes the stack of cards from his left hand to his hand right: is there a particular reason?

Maybe it's due to the fact that he will be left handed?

Thanks!

Best regards
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I think part of the reason is just the way he is sitting. He holds the cards up high to show the audience the initial display with his left because he is facing that direction, so the first move is easier with that hand. Then, because he is sitting with his right arm on the table it's easier to do a turnover with his left hand than having to reach over with his right hand to do it.
Like you mention, he could be left handed, but I think it's just the way he is presenting the trick and who he is facing and how he happens to be sitting.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, Levi Bennett wrote:
I think part of the reason is just the way he is sitting. He holds the cards up high to show the audience the initial display with his left because he is facing that direction, so the first move is easier with that hand. Then, because he is sitting with his right arm on the table it's easier to do a turnover with his left hand than having to reach over with his right hand to do it.
Like you mention, he could be left handed, but I think it's just the way he is presenting the trick and who he is facing and how he happens to be sitting.

OK, I agree ... however watching some other videos I noticed that he uses his right hand with the deck of cards in the deal position.

https://youtu.be/CT-RKu9F2WI?t=199

Another point I noticed is that in presenting the four aces, he also lists the sequence of their suits: doesn't it seem inappropriate to you? ;-)

Thanks!

Best regards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Bill Malone - Dr Daley's Last Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL