The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Suggestion for Shortening Index » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
One thing that bothers me is that the main index is so long, that it slows down my browser on my home computer. It takes forever to scroll down any, and it scrolls choppy and skips around leaving me very frusterated. I have gotten to the point where I don't even visit the Café while at home, and I wait 'til I can use my work computer. What would make browsing MUCH easier and quicker would be to have the main index with only links to and descriptions of the main boards, or rooms:

"Welcome to The Magic Café!"
"Chef Special"
"Beginner's Table"
"Close Up Workers"
"Stage, Platform, and Parlour"
"Special Interests"
"A Family Tradition"
"Mind Benders"
"Let's Make A Magic Deal"
"Catch of the Day"
"The good the bad and the garbage"
"Dealer's Table"
"general Magic"
"Odds and Ends"
"The Banquet Room"
"Behind Closed Doors"

Then you open the links, and access the boards in each room, for example, clicking on "The Banquet Room" would show you "Secret Sessions," "The Triple Dare," "Threads reels and anchors," "Inner Thoughts," and "the deceptive side of magic"

Then you would follow the links to individual threads and posts as normal from there.

I think this would be a very good change, as there are a lot of catergories that I take no interest in, and this way, I can go straight where I want without the horrible frusterating scrolling.

Thank you for your time.
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mark, this function is already available. At the top of the forums click where it says, "welcome to the magic Café" Scroll down a little and you'll see only the forum headings. Click on the one you're interested in and it opens all the topics in that forum. To return to the normal setting, just click on the main heading, TheMagicCafe.
Where the magic begins
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
wow... thanks... that's good to know... I always click on the logo, which brings me to the entire index. Thanks for the tip!
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
If you have a favorite category you visit regularly, you can click on that category title, then bookmark it. When you click on your new bookmark, you'll see the Café index page with only your favorite category expanded.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Suggestion for Shortening Index » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL