The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Beginning Dove Magic Videos? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
I know that there has been much discussed in other posts about beginning dove magic, But I was wondering what video courses or videos you would recommend for the beginner in this field. I would like to begin with something like a dove production from a dove bag for my kid shows and then once I've got that down slowly move up to a full blown dove act. I have probably 3 dove bags but none of them are really doing it for me. The real reason is probably because I haven't been taught how to work with them. Any information directing me to the items you suggest and any good instructional materials would be very helpful.
NOTE: My doves are a bit on the bigger side, if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Ian Adair's Art of Dove Magic is a good quality video, published by L&L. It covers apparatus productions, and moves into a few steals near the end.

I have just purchased Greg Frewin's 3 DVD set, which will tell you everything and anything you need to know about dove work, I am looking forward to there arrival. http://www.gregfrewin.com
best,
Ed
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5105 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Brian, I'm not sure if you mean Dove bags or dove holders since you said you had 3 of them but Greg Frewin's video are tremendous for the beginner and the experienced dove worker however, there is nothing on the dove bag. He deals with care and training, harnesses, clothing and body steals.

They are a little pricing for the beginner since you have to buy all 3 DVD's at one time ($150). Tony Clark's videos, Unmasked and Unmaskded II are also great and he does do a little bag work on them. They are $45 each but you can buy them individually.

A few others are by:
Amos Levkovitch
Victor and Diamond
Andy Amyx

Ed, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with Greg's DVD's. I've been doing dove work for a long time and I learned a few things as well. He shows a method for the loop that a blind man with only one finger couldn't miss.
Where the magic begins
alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa/Barcelona
247 Posts

Profile of alekei
Amos Levkovith has in his Lecture notes A LOT of great information.

He LOVES his doves, and he knows perfeclty how to take care of them.

Contact Amos, he will help you a lot. He is a great man.

Alejanro.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Might want to check out Dave Womach's videos... He breaks it down for you not only with doves but also with parakeets and parrots... I am just entering into dove work and his videos have been helpful.
Magically,
Bryan Gilles-Gilles Galaxies Magical Productions
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Beginning Dove Magic Videos? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL