The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Reports of Martin Lewis' passing... (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1588 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Martin Lewis: inventor, performer, craftsman of renown... and all round nice guy has passed away. He had been in hospice for the last few days. Before that, he was treated for Stage 4 cancer at a hospital.
He was the son of well known English magician Eric Lewis and in recent years, he was known to hand make several of his Dad's items, as well as his many own inventions. He started his magic career at Earthquake Magoons in San Francisco and was a featured headliner on high end cruise ships for years. Several of his items were featured by Copperfield on his TV specials. Martin's good natured personality was always a delight to experience...as was his wonderful magic!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1129 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Totally awesome gentleman. Loved his shows at the Castle. Every kids show I perform has a version of Cardiographic. Rest In Peace good sir!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5401 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Sad news indeed. Another old friend gone. He leaves a magical legacy of smiles and laughter. He was a true gentleman and will be missed.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2327 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Rest in Peace, Martin Lewis. Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7575 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I had just heard at Abbott's about his health. Sad but blessed he did not have to suffer long. I remember first meeting him about 1980 when Bill McIlhany and Martin picked up at the airport. We passed several times over the years. He was a great performer and craftsman.
Rest in peace and I am glad that our pathes had crossed.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3390 Posts

Profile of gaddy
One of the greats. I personally do at least 4 tricks that he invented on a regular basis.

I was just looking at "Martin's Miracles" last night, what a coincidence!

Rest in peace, old man!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1884 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
So sad. Martin was one of my favorites of all-time, and, although we never met, we frequently corresponded and he was always kind and helpful.

Martin Lewis will be greatly missed.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
766 Posts

Profile of 61magic
This is very sad. I met him at several lectures and had some very informative conversations. I love and use the Mardo egg bag and the Sidewalk Shuffle, both staples of my standup which came directly from him.
This is a huge loss for the magic community.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3390 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It is a blessing to us all that he was able to publish his last book before this tragedy.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2851 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
He indeed was a true gentleman! I wish words can convey how absolutely down to earth and hospitable he was every single time I had the pleasure of going over to his home and just listening to him explain his magic effects and the thinking behind them. He did not only teach you how to do the effect but the timing behind performing it. I cannot tell you how many times I sat there and listen to this man and I was amazed at how generous he truly was with his thoughts and ideas. Once he knew you had a love for magic he was 100% behind you and wanted to make sure that you had all the information you needed to perform the effect properly. This is why I highly recommend his book and hope that everyone is able to get a copy.

I will truly miss Martin Lewis more than I could possibly put into words. Normally you hear the myths and the legends only to meet a person and realize they don't quite live up to them. In Martin's case it was the extreme opposite! He was much more than a magician and all around nice gentleman.. much much more!

Good magic to all,

Eric
magicnorm
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Just saw this, cannot express how ****ty this news is. I’m so tired of magic greats that have been in our lives for so long being gone. Life is great but also delivers great sadness, RIP Mr Lewis, I will think of you always.

NM
DocNOLA
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of DocNOLA
He’ll be missed. I only met him a few times, but he was always warm and enthusiastic, and mutual friends always spoke so highly of him. He was a brilliant, creative guy who left a lasting mark on the art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Reports of Martin Lewis' passing... (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL