The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magic with the stars (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
374 Posts

Profile of MJE
Thank you for another fair and balanced review. I did watch the episode that you recommended recently. Well, most of it. That's enough for one lifetime.
Fedora
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona, usa
429 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Episode 8 came on Friday, it was watched by 418.000 people that lost their remotes.

The celebrities were ufc fighter randy couture, and ufc fighter Frank mir.

The first 10 minutes of this episode is worthwhile, criss gets slapped by a professional fighter,
and 1 minute later Loni informs criss that a card would be devalued by his autograph.

He must have autographed the show too.

The rest of the episode is kind of a blur, up until the last illusion.

"Criss angels" original creation "video game to life", where he sword fights with a masked guy,
and changes places with him under a tarp.

You might be thinking that sounds like a lance Burton trick, you would be right, but this
one is different because there's video game noises.

I thought no one was going to bring up the similarity, but lance informed the viewer, (and criss),
that he invented the trick in 1985.

This episode also ended in a tie, making two in a row, criss called it: "the first meaningful tie"
i guess the donny/debbie tie wasn't meaningful.

This episode started good, I'll swing it 3 out of 5 stars.
truemagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of truemagic
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2023, Fedora wrote:
Episode 8 came on Friday, it was watched by 418.000 people that lost their remotes.

The celebrities were ufc fighter randy couture, and ufc fighter Frank mir.

The first 10 minutes of this episode is worthwhile, criss gets slapped by a professional fighter,
and 1 minute later Loni informs criss that a card would be devalued by his autograph.

He must have autographed the show too.

The rest of the episode is kind of a blur, up until the last illusion.

"Criss angels" original creation "video game to life", where he sword fights with a masked guy,
and changes places with him under a tarp.

You might be thinking that sounds like a lance Burton trick, you would be right, but this
one is different because there's video game noises.

I thought no one was going to bring up the similarity, but lance informed the viewer, (and criss),
that he invented the trick in 1985.

This episode also ended in a tie, making two in a row, criss called it: "the first meaningful tie"
i guess the donny/debbie tie wasn't meaningful.

This episode started good, I'll swing it 3 out of 5 stars.



So, so funny that you (who obviously is a closet Criss Angel lover), not just coincidentally loses your remote every week at Criss Angel time(s)-- (like all those poor folks you mention that lose their remotes and can't think for themselves) yet in your "omniscient" mind they need a theistic necromancer such as you to decide what's good for them most conveniently on those very night(s) that Criss is on (AND YOU CONTINUOUSLY PARTICIPATE EVERY WEEK VIEWING/STUDYING WITHOUT FAIL!!). I'm pretty certain if you look back that-- your mom and dad must have taught you that "if you have nothing nice to say then..." well I'm sure you know the rest of it. For those reasons I am swinging my stars and rating your boorish review of this episode: 1 out of 5 stars which is far more generous than it truly is worth. Smile
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
374 Posts

Profile of MJE
[quote]On Feb 2, 2023, truemagic wrote:

blah, blah, blah, and
Quote:
rating your boorish review of this episode


We see reviews of shows and products all the time on this site. You are certainly free to dislike some of them. Or, ALL of them. I, for one, look forward to his weekly summary of this show. I hope your comment will not intimidate him enough to succumb to your pressure. Be brave, fedora. Hecklers are just an irritating and distasteful part of magicians' lives that we all must deal with at some point. Right on, brother, right on!
truemagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of truemagic
[quote]On Feb 2, 2023, MJE wrote:


Hecklers are just an irritating and distasteful part of magicians' lives...


MJE-- Respectfully...
Heckler?!? I am just repeating what HE wrote in his very own "review". No, no, no-- if anyone is the heckler would be him for all his snide remarks and hecklerish comments in the "reviews" he wrote/writes! He is doing exactly what you wrote above...
Fedora
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona, usa
429 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Hey MJE, thanks for the message, I'm quite used to hecklers, if you saw my show, you would know why.

truemagic, thanks, I've never been called "omniscient" or a "theistic necromancer" before,
but I assume they're complements.

I'm not a "closet criss angel lover" though, I was never in the closet, I like criss,
I think he's a good guy.

As for having "nothing nice to say", I believe I've swung an episode 5 stars before,
can you imagine anyone else doing that?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated, remember to tune in every Friday
to watch criss revolutionize tv as we know it.
truemagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of truemagic
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2023, Fedora wrote:
Hey MJE, thanks for the message, I'm quite used to hecklers, if you saw my show, you would know why.

truemagic, thanks, I've never been called "omniscient" or a "theistic necromancer" before,
but I assume they're complements.

I'm not a "closet criss angel lover" though, I was never in the closet, I like criss,
I think he's a good guy.

As for having "nothing nice to say", I believe I've swung an episode 5 stars before,
can you imagine anyone else doing that?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated, remember to tune in every Friday
to watch criss revolutionize tv as we know it.



Fedora-- kudos to you for responding to some of the criticism and comments directed towards you but much more respect to you for your civil tone and very reasonable response.
Fedora
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona, usa
429 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Episode 9 aired on Friday, its viewership was 384.000 folks.

The "stars" were figure skater Johnny weir, and figure skater Tara lipinski,
took me a while to figure out who they were.

The categories were stage illusion, mentalism, and the upside down straightjacket escape.

Johnny broke the ice by going first, and got five stars, I wouldn't have gave it that, but
I'll let it slide.

The best part of the episode was when criss told tara the rope could hold 10.000 pounds,
and loni inquired if that meant it could hold her, I woke up just in time.

Tara was too scared to go all the way over the audience, so she did it over the stage instead,
i guess the thinking is if the rope gives, at least you'll land on the stage and not criss.

I should really wright these reviews sooner, because I don't really remember anything, and I
don't wanna watch it again.

From what I remember, this omniscient theistic necromancer will swing it 3.5 out of 5 stars.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magic with the stars (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL