The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (485 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..28~29~30 [Next]
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Thank you for sharing the video. This is pure genius!!!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Stunninger Smile what a simple and ingenious solution Smile

Unfortunately I could not buy the clip you suggested

Have therefore ordered a simple black carbon wallet
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2022, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Thank you for sharing the video. This is pure genius!!!

Thank you, Steve!

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2022, Magic Dust wrote:

Thank you, Magic Dust!

If you go to Amazon or eBay and search for Slim Clip you will see many for sale.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2022, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:

Thank you, Magic Dust!

If you go to Amazon or eBay and search for Slim Clip you will see many for sale.

Now that I said that, I'm in the US, and if you are in a different part of the world, your search results may show something different.

It would be more accurate to say, if you go to the US Amazon or eBay sites, you will find many Slim Clips for sale. Other parts of the world, I'm not sure about.

Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Since I could not buy the Slim Clip in Germany I have decided for this solution, which

I currently like even better but only the practical test will show whether it works well.

Click here to view attached image.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I cannot see how how magic dusts find will work better.
The whole point of this is to remove and replace the stack of cards smoothly and quickly.
Looks a nightmare to pull the stack of cards out of that wallet.
That imo is the whole point of the clip and the other sides natural ruse in the psychology of the spectators minds.
Anyway if it works for you then good, but I think you are missing the point with this truly great idea Gaz Smile
bentpenny
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
Gaz, I think the slim wallet Magic Dust attached might have a pull tab to make getting the stack of cards out relatively easily. When you pull the tab, the cards will sorta pop out, so you're not fishing around trying to get your fingers into the pocket.

Magic Dust, I'd like to hear if it works for you as I like this style of wallet as well.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

I cannot see how how magic dusts find will work better.

The whole point of this is to remove and replace the stack of cards smoothly and quickly.

That imo is the whole point of the clip and the other sides natural ruse in the psychology of the spectators minds.

EXACTLY . . . . and that's the basis on which the whole effect has been based/built - SIMPLICITY. The PEEK takes place in the open and in full view of the spectator(s), right under their nose. That's the Magic Power a simple 'MONEY CLIP' holds. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
Since I could not buy the Slim Clip in Germany I have decided for this solution, which

I currently like even better but only the practical test will show whether it works well.

The reason the money clip is so disarming and effective is because it makes sense due to the construction that you would remove your credit cards to have them place their card amongst them. With the leather style wallets you would usually have them place their card amongst your cards WITHOUT removing them from the wallet. This is similar to the Alias Wallet and others.

Yes, it will still work with a leather style wallet but audiences might feel something wasn’t quite right without realizing what or why, just as you did when choosing to use that style of wallet.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:

That should work fine. I use a minimalist wallet that looks somewhat similar and it work GREAT!

kj
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, videoman wrote:
Quote:

The reason the money clip is so disarming and effective is because it makes sense due to the construction that you would remove your credit cards to have them place their card amongst them. With the leather style wallets you would usually have them place their card amongst your cards WITHOUT removing them from the wallet. This is similar to the Alias Wallet and others.

Yes, it will still work with a leather style wallet but audiences might feel something wasn’t quite right without realizing what or why, just as you did when choosing to use that style of wallet.

Very good observation. I have the credit cards with 4-5 blank cards behind them, which justifies pulling it all out to get access to the blank cards. Also, one of my blank cards has some notes on it, further justifying why I would have them in my wallet.

KJ
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
There are many many ways to get a peek on a business card by using some sort of a prop. One has the choice and liberty to use any kind of prop (or without a prop) to achieve the final result. However, the point in question here is - How good is a 'Money Clip' when used as a prop for a peek? And the 'Money Clip' has undoubtedly proved to be one of the BEST readily available commercial item that can be used as a prop for our purpose (with no modification to the Clip at all) - Simple, cheap, easy, straightforward, innocent looking, deceptive, organic, . . . . and the list goes on-n-on . . . Smile

Just MY thoughts.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Is it too late to request the video? I would love to see it.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, bentpenny wrote:
When you pull the tab, the cards will sorta pop out, so you're not fishing around.

Magic Dust, I'd like to hear if it works for you as I like this style of wallet as well.

Bentpenny Smile right to the point & extra space for some business cards is also available

Besides, I have never seen such a metal clip in use here in Germany, so rather suspect ...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
Gaz, I think the slim wallet Magic Dust attached might have a pull tab to make getting the stack of cards out relatively easily. When you pull the tab, the cards will sorta pop out, so you're not fishing around trying to get your fingers into the pocket.

Ah that makes sense, my bad Gaz Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, 1KJ wrote:
I have the credit cards with 4-5 blank cards behind them, which justifies pulling it all out to get access to the blank cards. Also, one of my blank cards has some notes on it, further justifying why I would have them in my wallet.

KJ

Nice!

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
When you pull the tab, the cards will sorta pop out, so you're not fishing around.

Bentpenny Smile right to the point & extra space for some business cards is also available

Besides, I have never seen such a metal clip in use here in Germany, so rather suspect ...

My original motivation was to take the money clip I already carried, and turn it into a peek device. There's no reason why the same thinking can't be applied to other types of clips or wallets. People can and should find a clip or wallet of their liking and find a way to use it. I'm delighted to see some are doing just that.

pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
581 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
I would love to see the video if you have a moment. It sounds incredible!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My steel clip arrived today and it works wonderfully.
It’s a truly great gesture of Bill to share his creative work to something that is so usable for every magician imho Gaz Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (485 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL