The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (478 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..28~29~30 [Next]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, no2ss wrote:

This is a fantastic idea... And while it's perfect for Stunninger's clip setup, it can work elsewhere as well. Brilliant.

Thanks
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Just had a thought for those that are proficient with a NW. On the money clip, there is a folded paper. You have them think of a number between 50 and 100, write it down, and it's put into the cards and clip. Now you take out the paper from the clip and unfold it. You stare at what's written in it. You say something like, "All day I wondered why I wrote these down. It was like a weird puzzle in my mind and I needed to preserve them... for some reason. Look. Do these numbers make any sense to you?" You turn the paper around and there is a Magic Square.

Of course, they say they don't know anything about those numbers. You suddenly say, "In this weird thought I had I kept seeing a pattern. I think it had to do with how these numbers add up." You start to add columns then rows then corners, etc, and they all add up to one number... the spectator's hidden number.

So, of course, you have a magic square that's filled except for the key numbers you will fill in with your NW after you've peeked their number.

Just a thought.

Greg

P.S. By the way, you could make up a bunch of slips with the filled in square minus the four boxes and each time give the person the completely slip as a souvenir.
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2869 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2022, Greg Arce wrote:
Just had a thought for those that are proficient with a NW. On the money clip, there is a folded paper. You have them think of a number between 50 and 100, write it down, and it's put into the cards and clip. Now you take out the paper from the clip and unfold it. You stare at what's written in it. You say something like, "All day I wondered why I wrote these down. It was like a weird puzzle in my mind and I needed to preserve them... for some reason. Look. Do these numbers make any sense to you?" You turn the paper around and there is a Magic Square.

Of course, they say they don't know anything about those numbers. You suddenly say, "In this weird thought I had I kept seeing a pattern. I think it had to do with how these numbers add up." You start to add columns then rows then corners, etc, and they all add up to one number... the spectator's hidden number.

So, of course, you have a magic square that's filled except for the key numbers you will fill in with your NW after you've peeked their number.

Just a thought.

Greg

P.S. By the way, you could make up a bunch of slips with the filled in square minus the four boxes and each time give the person the completely slip as a souvenir.

I love this presentation but the thought of nail writing (potentially) four two-digit numbers in small, specific spaces (cells in the square) is giving me palpitations. How about using the method that I teach in Subliminal Square? Instead of nail writing, have the current date pre-written but concealed from view beneath the square. After saying your line, "In this weird thought I had I kept seeing a pattern. I think it had to do with how these numbers add up," act excited as you begin to realize what has just occurred and add, "You're going to want to remember this date, September 21st, 2022" pretending to write it down while you actually fill out the four squares, then display the finished magic square with the pre-written date beneath. Then move into adding things up.

Just a thought.

In Subliminal Square I offer some instructions on how to establish a rhythm as you say the date and apparently write it down, really filling in the squares, that makes the process smooth and deceptive.

Also, you'd have to adjust your presentation a bit, not displaying the square so soon, waiting until after your "realization."

I believe that the first place I came across this idea was in the manual that accompanied The Stockbroker Wallet.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Bill, that works for me to. Good idea. Also, if you know the person's name before you do it you could use that ruse and say, "Hey, let me make this personal. What's your name?" You now pretend to write his name as you fill in the needed boxes.

Greg
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Bill, yes it was in Stockholder.
Though I had seen magic squares elsewhere, it was that routine that helped me decide to do one.

Greg, I like your aspect as a premonition compared to the mind reading and numbers being wrong in my handling.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2022, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2022, Stunninger wrote:

Here is an updated list of the routines and routine ideas shared on this thread:

1. Drawing duplication – shown in video

2. PEEK-A-CAAN - 1KJ (p. 13)

3. Childhood Psychic Dreams - Stunninger (p. 13)

4. Weird Purchase – Greg Arce (p. 14)

5. Name and Place – Greg Arce (p. 14)

6. Magic Square Peek – Wravyn (p. 19)

7. WORD ASSOCIATION – 1KJ (p. 20)

8. WORD ASSOCIATION 2 – 1KJ (p. 20)

9. Credit card and currency number divination – Ezrythm (p. 20)

Great! Thank you ALL for sharing your thoughts/ideas/routines.

We already have nine ideas/routines for the SMCPD. This shows that the SMCPD is steadily turning into a complete mentalism package.

When Bill (Stunninger) shared the SMCPD with the community, few people realized the potential, effectiveness and power of this simple & organic looking commercially available Money Clip. But, once the reviews started to come in, people realized its potential and soon requests began to pour in (from novice to the professionals) and the SMCPD gained great popularity and acceptance.

Bill, thank you (once again) for sharing the SMCPD with the community - THANK YOU!

Smile
P.S. May I please quote one of Pit Boss' post:-

Quote:
On Aug 28, 2022, Pit Boss wrote:

Clever! And, to laypeople, indistinguishable from a current peek device that costs $100 and is, umm, very controversial.

Ustaad, thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm for the SMCPD and the ideas everyone is sharing on this thread. You are much appreciated Smile

Business Card Q & A eBook & The Elvis Peek videos are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=715994&start=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMqE98Rol8&ab_channel=NiqueTan
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:

Just a thought.

Greg

Greg, another excellent idea. Thank you very much for your continued creativity and sharing.

Business Card Q & A eBook & The Elvis Peek videos are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2022, Bill Cushman wrote:
Quote:

Just a thought.

Greg

I love this presentation but the thought of nail writing (potentially) four two-digit numbers in small, specific spaces (cells in the square) is giving me palpitations. How about using the method that I teach in Subliminal Square? Instead of nail writing, have the current date pre-written but concealed from view beneath the square. After saying your line, "In this weird thought I had I kept seeing a pattern. I think it had to do with how these numbers add up," act excited as you begin to realize what has just occurred and add, "You're going to want to remember this date, September 21st, 2022" pretending to write it down while you actually fill out the four squares, then display the finished magic square with the pre-written date beneath. Then move into adding things up.

Just a thought.

In Subliminal Square I offer some instructions on how to establish a rhythm as you say the date and apparently write it down, really filling in the squares, that makes the process smooth and deceptive.

Also, you'd have to adjust your presentation a bit, not displaying the square so soon, waiting until after your "realization."

I believe that the first place I came across this idea was in the manual that accompanied The Stockbroker Wallet.

Great thoughts, Bill. Thank you for sharing.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Here's another idea that some may find useful. A few years back I released an e-book called Q&A 1-2-3. It was a way to simplify getting the topic of a person's question for a 1-2-1 Q&A, but could also be used for 2 or 3 people in a small group.

This concept will work well with the SMCPD. Here is the main idea from the beginning of the Q&A 1-2-3 e-book:

"Here is a close-up, business card Q&A method which uses a small stack of about 12 un-gimmicked business cards, or a single business card if using a peek wallet or window envelope, and is well suited for one, two or three people.

George Anderson introduced the concept of asking participants to reduce their question to just a few words.  I've also heard of taking this a step further and reducing the question to just one word (although I'm not sure who first invented the one word idea). This of course is easier to quickly glimpse, but not always if the spectator's handwriting is difficult to decipher because of very small or unclear writing.

It occurred to me, why not eliminate this risk by providing the most common question categories, each in a single word, then have the subject simply circle the word to indicate the topic of their question?  I played around with this idea, writing down: Career, Travel Health, Money and Romance on the back of a card, then telling the subject, 'Most questions people have about their future fall into one of these categories.  Think of a question about your future, then circle the topic and turn the card face down. Sometimes the complete question will come through, other times just a portion or a few words, sometimes the emotion associated with the question, and other times just the topic.  It all depends on the quality of our psychic connection.'

Having the words pre-populated with the chosen topic circled reduces the time required to get the peek and eliminates undecipherability.

Then I decided to try taking it a step further.  Why not reduce each word to a single letter?   

Career, Travel Health, Money and Romance now become C T H M R.  I tell my subjects, 'Where a full question or even a word may be difficult to pick up telepathically the first time we experiment, a single letter representing the topic of your question might be easier to perceive on the first try.  A question is more like the light from a fireplace, a word similar to a flash light, but a single letter can be transmitted like a laser.'"

The mind reader then writes the letters C T H M R on the back of a business card and asks the subject to circle the letter that represents the topic of their question and places the card face down. The mind reader now only needs to peek a single letter and knows the topic of the subject's question.

If there are two or three people in the group, the mind reader writes a second row or second and third rows of the same letters on the same card:

C T H M R

C T H M R

C T H M R

Person one is instructed to circle a letter on the top row, person two circles a letter on the middle row, and person three circles a letter on the bottom row. The mind reader quickly and easily peeks the three letters and now knows the topic of all three questions.

Of course, it is much easier to peek and remember three letters than three phrases or three questions written out.

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Yep, that's good Stunninger. You made me realize you could use that system with any small set. For instance, a person is to choose which is their favorite of these films: Fargo, Jaw, Godfather. Seven or Up. Or fav food: Pizza, Fries, Ice Cream, Steak or Sushi. So you can come up with small sets that someone could circle and then you can do a reading or get a vision of what they chose.

Greg
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
Yep, that's good Stunninger. You made me realize you could use that system with any small set. For instance, a person is to choose which is their favorite of these films: Fargo, Jaw, Godfather. Seven or Up. Or fav food: Pizza, Fries, Ice Cream, Steak or Sushi. So you can come up with small sets that someone could circle and then you can do a reading or get a vision of what they chose.

Greg

Nice, Greg! Thanks for sharing that idea.

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2189 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Bill's test of the private, personalized link worked well for me.

This is a nice idea, very workable.

It's not radically different from some other published peeks I've seen over the years, but it adds an extra element - call it an additional layer of subterfuge in performance, as well as something that makes the method much less likely to be spotted by your audience.

Thanks for sharing, Bill!
Kevin Reylek
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
If it’s not too late, I would love to see the peek.

Please and thank you

Aaron
jgeerts
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of jgeerts
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2022, Stunninger wrote:
Thank you again to everyone who has requested, received and shared their thoughts on the thread! Very much appreciated.

The response to this has been overwhelmingly positive, and it is great to see so much positive energy Smile

I will continue to share this idea, however priority will be given to those who use the magic word "please" in their request.

Bill

Hi Stunninger, I'd like to see it, thank you in advance.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1531 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
This thread must contain THE MOST polite and considerate posts of all the topics on the Café. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1128 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Would love to see the videos. Please and thanks!!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
kou
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of kou
Late to this thread, but hopefully the old adage Better Late Than Never still applies Smile Would love to see the video of the peek in action, Stunninger. Thanks in advance!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2022, Mercury52 wrote:
Bill's test of the private, personalized link worked well for me.

This is a nice idea, very workable.

It's not radically different from some other published peeks I've seen over the years, but it adds an extra element - call it an additional layer of subterfuge in performance, as well as something that makes the method much less likely to be spotted by your audience.

Thanks for sharing, Bill!

Kevin, thank you for volunteering to be a test participant, and happy to hear the test went smoothly. Thank you also for posting your thoughts on the thread. Much appreciated!

Bill

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2022, EZrhythm wrote:
This thread must contain THE MOST polite and considerate posts of all the topics on the Café. Smile

Indeed! And thank you for commenting on this, EZ Smile

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
All three tests of the personal, private, trackable video link were a success. Thank you again to those who participated in the test.

For a limited time only, I will continue offering the DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device video at no cost with the following conditions:

1. Polite requests only. That means use the words please and thank you. Impolite requests will not be responded to.

2. You must have been a member here for a minimum of one year, with at least 100 posts.

3. This only works with Gmail addresses, so you will need a Gmail address.

4. Your request must be posted on this thread. I will not respond to PMs or emails asking for the video.

5. You agree not to share the video with anyone else.

6. If you are selected, you will need to share with me privately your full legal first and last name, along with your Gmail address. Do not post your name or email address on this thread.

If you do not agree to the above conditions, please do not post a request.

Those selected will be contacted by me to arrange for a private video link registered in their name. The link will be trackable.

I reserve the right to refuse this offer to anyone and to end the free giveaway at anytime without notice.

Thank you.

Bill

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (478 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL