The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (485 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Here's another routine idea that is good for casual, impromptu situations. Like # 17, it can be used as an ice breaker to start a conversation pretty much anytime, anywhere.

Pet Psychic

"Some believe their pet has psychic powers and can read their mind. Some believe they can read their pet's mind, too. What do you think? Do you currently have a pet?"

(If they say yes) "Don't tell me your pet's name, but write it down on the back of my card. Then turn the card over so I can't see what you wrote."

Then put the card in the money clip, casually show both sides and put it away in your pocket as you say, "I'm not sure if I believe all pets are psychic or not, but I sure think my dog can read my mind. And I can read hers."

"Imagine seeing your pet at home. Imagine seeing his or her face. Imagine your pet is thinking about you right now, wondering when you will be home. Now imagine you are telepathically sending a message to your pet: "I'll be home soon __________ !" (say pet's name)."

If they don't have a pet, ask them to imagine they just adopted one, and ask them to give their imaginary pet a name. Then follow the routine above.

Most people are in love with their pets. Starting a conversation this way, about a topic that likely has much positive energy associated with it, will likely make the person smile. And can naturally lead to asking to see a picture of their pet, and you sharing pics of yours.

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is brilliant! I have an idea to elaborate on this: Give a reading as if you are channeling the dog and what it is thinking, it's characteristics, it's past, it's future, etc. It will play like comedy until the end when you reveal the pet's name.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Here is a sample exchange:

"Have any of you had a special dog in your life, perhaps when you were a child?"
"Yes, ok, write down the dog's name on this card and don't say it out loud."
"I'm going to hold this in my wallet, something that is important to your past and my wallet, something that is important to me. Let's see if we can make a connection..."
"I'm seeing a big dog, is that right? No, she was a little dog? OK, she is coming through to me as a big dog. Was she one of those little dogs that think they are big dogs?... She wa a he? OK, a transgender, perhaps? OK, he is coming through in a very loving way, that is why I got a female energy. Were you two close? ... Yes, I can see that. She is still standing by your side. " etc. etc. In the end, you reveal the name and it's a miracle.

KJ
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, I’m liking this pet name idea and I do agree as KJ says that it could be very impactful and memorable to lead them to believe you are just saying very generic things and just when they let their guard down BAM! you hit them with the actual name.

Asking them to think of a pet from their childhood that they were very fond of will certainly evoke an extremely strong emotional hook.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
What a wonderful thread this is - not only for the ideas given but Bill's generosity in releasing this gem.

My money clip is arriving today and am looking forward to getting everything set up and to using.

Neil
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Stunninger, great idea! What if we use the list of things to check off to get more info? So you say, "Most people have had a pet in their lives... usually a cat or dog. Do you own one of these? And don't tell me if it's a cat or dog." They answer and you say "Good. Let's see if I can pick up some vibes about your pet. Here, fill this small form for me." You had them a little card that has areas to check like "Cat or Dog" Color: black, white, brown, grey or various colors. Size: small, medium or large. Name:"

So they fill this small form out and you have a lot of detail to use. Might even have one for how they got it: Pet store, friend, shelter, found

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wow, this is a great idea, and thank you so much, Bill, for sharing it with us all.

I can honestly say, not what I was expecting, and in a good way, lol!
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2022, 1KJ wrote:
Here is a sample exchange:

"Have any of you had a special dog in your life, perhaps when you were a child?"
"Yes, ok, write down the dog's name on this card and don't say it out loud."
"I'm going to hold this in my wallet, something that is important to your past and my wallet, something that is important to me. Let's see if we can make a connection..."
"I'm seeing a big dog, is that right? No, she was a little dog? OK, she is coming through to me as a big dog. Was she one of those little dogs that think they are big dogs?... She wa a he? OK, a transgender, perhaps? OK, he is coming through in a very loving way, that is why I got a female energy. Were you two close? ... Yes, I can see that. She is still standing by your side. " etc. etc. In the end, you reveal the name and it's a miracle.

KJ

KJ,

Nice! I love it Smile Thanks for sharing this!

Bill

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2022, Greg Arce wrote:
Stunninger, great idea! What if we use the list of things to check off to get more info? So you say, "Most people have had a pet in their lives... usually a cat or dog. Do you own one of these? And don't tell me if it's a cat or dog." They answer and you say "Good. Let's see if I can pick up some vibes about your pet. Here, fill this small form for me." You had them a little card that has areas to check like "Cat or Dog" Color: black, white, brown, grey or various colors. Size: small, medium or large. Name:"

So they fill this small form out and you have a lot of detail to use. Might even have one for how they got it: Pet store, friend, shelter, found

Greg

Greg,

I like this a lot! These days it's very affordable to have pre-printed cards made up, and you could easily and inexpensively make up a pre-printed form just for this purpose. I really like the idea of multiple pieces of information in a tick box format.

A couple of years ago I designed a business card specifically for AN, printed on both sides, allowing me to get the person's birthdate, star sign and topic of their question in one quick peek. I designed it online and had a small quantity of like 500 printed. I may have to make a video on this card Smile

Thanks for sharing this excellent idea!

Bill

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2022, NeilS wrote:
What a wonderful thread this is - not only for the ideas given but Bill's generosity in releasing this gem.

My money clip is arriving today and am looking forward to getting everything set up and to using.

Neil

Thank you, Neil. It's great to see so much positivity on this thread with everyone sharing great ideas. Let us know how your clip works once you have it set up!

Bill

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2022, gdw wrote:
Wow, this is a great idea, and thank you so much, Bill, for sharing it with us all.

I can honestly say, not what I was expecting, and in a good way, lol!

Thank you, gdw! Glad you like it, and happy it surprised you in a positive way Smile Thank you for posting your thoughts!

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2022, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:

Greg

Greg,

I like this a lot! These days it's very affordable to have pre-printed cards made up, and you could easily and inexpensively make up a pre-printed form just for this purpose. I really like the idea of multiple pieces of information in a tick box format.

A couple of years ago I designed a business card specifically for AN, printed on both sides, allowing me to get the person's birthdate, star sign and topic of their question in one quick peek. I designed it online and had a small quantity of like 500 printed. I may have to make a video on this card Smile

Bill

Greg, Using your idea for a small set list, you could design a simple business card like the one in the image below and be ready to perform Psychic Pet anytime, anywhere. The participant would be instructed to circle the qualities for their pet and write in their name. Very affordable to order business cards on-line, even in small quantities, through a site like Vista Print.

Click here to view attached image.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
That's perfect.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2022, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2022, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:

Greg

Greg,

Bill

Greg, Using your idea for a small set list, you could design a simple business card like the one in the image below and be ready to perform Psychic Pet anytime, anywhere. The participant would be instructed to circle the qualities for their pet and write in their name. Very affordable to order business cards on-line, even in small quantities, through a site like Vista Print.

Quote:
On Oct 8, 2022, Greg Arce wrote:
That's perfect.

In place of found, I think rescue would hit more people's heartstrings since just finding a dog infrequently happens while people getting dogs via rescues is perhaps more common, but that may be my NE US-based perspective. IMHO YMMV...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Kalix, very good point to share.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Kalix, that's a good idea. I wouldn't replace "found" but just add "rescue" as a choice.
rashii
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of rashii
Can I ser the video please?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Kaliix and Greg, nice ideas! Thank you for sharing them Smile

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Here is an updated list of the routines & routine ideas shared so far.

1. Drawing Duplication – shown in video

2. PEEK-A-CAAN - 1KJ (p. 13)

3. Childhood Psychic Dreams - Stunninger (p. 13)

4. Weird Purchase – Greg Arce (p. 14)

5. Name and Place – Greg Arce (p. 14)

6. Magic Square Peek – Wravyn (p. 19)

7. WORD ASSOCIATION – 1KJ (p. 20)

8. WORD ASSOCIATION 2 – 1KJ (p. 20)

9. Credit Card and Currency Number Divination – EZrythm (p. 20)

10. NW Magic Square – Greg Arce (p. 21)

11. Subliminal Square – Bill Cushman (p. 21)

12. Q & A 1-2-3 – Stunninger (p. 21)

13. Small Set System – Greg Arce (p. 21)

14. Clip Slip – Greg Arce (p. 22)

15. PSY Force Engravings – Greg Arce (p. 22)

16. Slim Clip Blister – Wravyn (p. 22)

17. Connect – Stunninger (p. 23)

18. Pet Psychic – Stunninger (p. 24)

19. Pet Channeling – 1KJ (p. 24)

20. Pet Psychic Small Set – Greg Arce (p. 24)

21. Rescue - Kaliix (p. 24)

Thank you to all who have shared, and continue to share, ideas!

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Another thing you can do that gets you more bang for your buck in your mind reading credibility is this.
Show a card with various categories on it like Animal, Country, Sport, Food etc etc.
Ask your spectator to merely think of one.
Then on another card get them to write a word associated with that category.
You then get your peak but you can then after some byplay and fun correctly guess the category as your first hit.
Then of course you reveal the actual word they connected with the category as your secondary kicker and main reveal.
Best wishes Gaz Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (485 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL