The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FEEL BETTER By Chris Philpott (You made me tear up watching a MAGIC TRICK?! It's great- Ken Weber) (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2775 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2022, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Can we laminate these cards, Chris? Or will that ruin the workings?

I'm not the one to have the "final answer", however, as long as it is a matte laminate, I do not think it would hurt.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My good friend has Chris’s original effect using this principle 100th Monkey.
With that if you have poor eyesight it’s very transparent what’s going on and its so hit and miss as they can read what they shouldn’t etc.
As most spectators have poor eyesight he couldn’t use it with any certainty Gaz Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I haven't tried it on the pubic yet, I hope it flies! Such a wonderful premise.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I want to say that this is a new effect and my friend bought the 100th Monkey when it first came out.
The fact that this has different cards for lightening conditions probably makes all the difference in the world (I only tried one card with the original and I don’t know whether he had different lighting cards back then).
I say that as the actual premise and method it’s genius by Chris.
I also love the theme of this latest version and may have to pick this up due to the lighting cards when I see some reviews.
I would love to hear more from Nathan when he has tried this out in different scenarios as I respect his opinions very much on these boards.
Good luck to Chris with his latest release Gaz Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Wow, wonderful premise! Have to get this one.

Business Card Q & A eBook & The Elvis Peek videos are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=715994&start=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMqE98Rol8&ab_channel=NiqueTan
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
Thanks, Stunninger and Gaz.

While it's true the 100th Monkey effects won't work on volunteers with poor vision, it certainly isn't accurate to say "most spectators have poor eyesight" or that the 100th Monkey effects can't be used "with any certainty". Many performers do it every night -- Derren Brown performed it every night for over a year in Miracle. It's been translated into over a dozen languages and done on stages and on TV all over the world. You can be 100% certain about it with a few simple steps. First, check the cards in the light in which you'll be performing. Second, if doing this for stage, say this effect involves reading so ask for a volunteer with good vision. Third, favor younger people over older people. Finally, in the last few Monkey releases I've used secret eye-testers -- there's a card in the Feel Better deck which allows you to test your volunteer's eyesight before you begin.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Oh and Nathan -- I never laminate just for concerns over shine on the cards. I understand some people have successfully but I've never tested it myself. As magicmind said, matte would be the way to go.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, Chris Philpott wrote:
Oh and Nathan -- I never laminate just for concerns over shine on the cards. I understand some people have successfully but I've never tested it myself. As magicmind said, matte would be the way to go.

Thank you!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Chris, I will pick this up based on your great addition of secret eye testers.
Another genius idea of yours, I’m sold by your brilliant thinking to cover all bases.
Congratulations my friend on your latest release Gaz Smile
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Thank you, Gaz!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
I picked this up.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Thanks, John. What do you think?
Inlakesh
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Inlakesh
Another Zinger from Philpott!
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Thanks, Inlakesh!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, Chris Philpott wrote:
Thanks, John. What do you think?

It should be here in a few days I guess. I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back...actually going to Boston coming back in a week. It will be waiting for me.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have ordered directly from Chris, so looking forward to reviewing it once it arrives in the UK Gaz Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
192 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Received my set from Saturn today, the set was mis-matched and faulty. I've informed Chris who said "I've alerted Murphy's (who did the packaging"
Going for a refund, whoever packaged this is clueless!

Such a shame.
DR
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Yeah, David, this is a drag. So far you've been the only one to report a problem. Here's hoping it was a rare thing.

On the good news front, I got a lovely, unexpected compliment:

"The most beautiful magic trick I've ever seen." - Raney Aronson-Rath, editor-in-chief and executive producer of PBS's Frontline.

Raney saw Feel Better performed by her husband, Arun Rath, public radio and tv host and correspondent, who said this about it:

"Feel Better is a beautiful, perfect piece of work. This is exactly why I became serious about magic as an art. Seriously, this is such a huge gift to the magic community and the world. After two years hosting a radio show about the pandemic, I can't wait to get out there with this."

Thanks, Raney and Arun!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I for one am really looking forward to this arriving from Chris.
I think the routine and premise is such a beautiful hook to use with this very clever principle.
Wishing a great weekend to all Gaz Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
192 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2022, Chris Philpott wrote:
Yeah, David, this is a drag. So far you've been the only one to report a problem. Here's hoping it was a rare thing.

On the good news front, I got a lovely, unexpected compliment:

"The most beautiful magic trick I've ever seen." - Raney Aronson-Rath, editor-in-chief and executive producer of PBS's Frontline.

Raney saw Feel Better performed by her husband, Arun Rath, public radio and tv host and correspondent, who said this about it:

"Feel Better is a beautiful, perfect piece of work. This is exactly why I became serious about magic as an art. Seriously, this is such a huge gift to the magic community and the world. After two years hosting a radio show about the pandemic, I can't wait to get out there with this."

Thanks, Raney and Arun!

Hi Chris,
Saturn have been in touch. They are sending the missing cards.
thanks
Sure I will be the only one.

DR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FEEL BETTER By Chris Philpott (You made me tear up watching a MAGIC TRICK?! It's great- Ken Weber) (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL