The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FEEL BETTER By Chris Philpott (You made me tear up watching a MAGIC TRICK?! It's great- Ken Weber) (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
192 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Saturn have put this right now, even though it wasn't their mistake.

Good service.

Thanks
DR
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2560 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2022, davidredfearn wrote:
Saturn have put this right now, even though it wasn't their mistake.

Good service.

Thanks
DR

No problem David we always look after customers when there is a problem.

I must say when your replacement cards arrived I took look at them and was very surprised how well this works.

I don't know if he's done something different but it works far better than I recall the hundredth Monkey working, just a few feet away in the office it was working was which was quite a funny moment when we amazed ourselves!

It would be nice to see these made smaller if the principle would work in say poker size cards and maybe more generic words so it does not have to be the theme of this effect.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Trying to figure out if I have these cards correct. How many of each should there be?

I see there are gi##i##ed - 15
large - 9
straight up - 15

sound about right?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10262 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2022, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Can we laminate these cards, Chris? Or will that ruin the workings?

May I suggest this stuff? We used it for maps in the military. Just cover the reverse side and it will protect it extremely well, even rain showers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fablon-45-Roll-......1-5&th=1
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, John C wrote:
Trying to figure out if I have these cards correct. How many of each should there be?

I see there are gi##i##ed - 15
large - 9
straight up - 15

sound about right?

Yes John that’s correct Gaz Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Cool just wanted to make sure I was on the right foot!!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s a great effect and works well. I would personally only use the the 15 smaller font words providing they past the eye test. It hasn’t let me down yet and the taking of the photo with their phone from about 8ft away makes it untraceable.
I love it, the 9 larger fonted cards are more difficult for the camera and easier to trace the method. I personally don’t feel they are be necesssary.
Lovely piece of kit top marks from me, highly recommended Gaz Smile
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
Thanks, Saturn Magic for taking care of David. Yes, the 100th Monkey fools me too sometimes! I'm using the same "formula" I did back in the day -- though the background is new. Unfortunately, it will only work on a poker sized card in very bright light. For other generic words, check out some of my other releases especially Narcissus and Pantheon.

John C, that is right, but there are also some extra cards, like the eye-tester, cue sheet card and a couple extra non-gimmicked cards.

Pegasus, that's cool -- I've never used that before.

Gaz, thank you!

Not everyone will need the dim cards, but for some (say, bar magicians), they could prove handy. Shooting in dim light should help hide the gimmickry in the photo.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Bar magicians in dinghy light granted Chris, I haven’t tried it in a really dim setting as yet (but I have in a normal indoor pub).
Normal lighting and even slightly dim seems to work perfectly with the standard gimmicked cards you supply.
Infact it’s brilliant and I have tried it on various spectators as a trial on all different spectrums from day light to what I consider at least very poor lighting.
It works like a charm as long as the test card works which it does in 90% of cases then you are good to go as long as you take the photo as you clearly describe in the tutorial.
It’s golden it really is imho Gaz Smile
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Thank you, Gaz.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6479 Posts

Profile of RNK
Received this a few days ago and can only echo all the other positive reviews and thoughts on this.

Thank you Chris for releasing FEEL BETTER!
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Thank you, RNK!
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

A few more comments on this:

"One of the BEST routines in the last decade!"
-Eric Bedard

"Sure, we magicians have the power to say, Ta-Da! Look at me! But after doing this work for a while, we should also realize that we have the power to help and to heal. Feel Better is a wonderful way to express that you do genuinely care about the people in your audience. In the right hands, Feel Better has the potential to change a spectator's outlook on life. What is more magical than that?"
-Professor Phelyx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FEEL BETTER By Chris Philpott (You made me tear up watching a MAGIC TRICK?! It's great- Ken Weber) (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL