The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Incognito Bill Switches (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rishabhmisc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rishabhmisc
Hey everyone,

I am looking for techniques/moves/gimmicks using which I can switch bills in performance without anyone knowing.
Basically switch an audience bill for one of mine without them noticing.

So far I only know of devices like blackdoor or boombox to accomplish this.
Would love to expand my knowledge into various ways I can accomplish this, and then choose the best one which suits my presentation or personality.

Thanks
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Dollar Bill Switch, p. 216, Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. No gaffs are required and the handling is simple. It looks like the bill never left their sight.
rishabhmisc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rishabhmisc
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2022, Alan Munro wrote:
Dollar Bill Switch, p. 216, Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. No gaffs are required and the handling is simple. It looks like the bill never left their sight.

Will definitely take a look. Thanks so much for your help Alan. Smile
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2022, Alan Munro wrote:

Agree with Alan, have used this many times for switching signed Bills etc... foolproof
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
You are using a bill and state that you are using either an envelope or a box. Can I assume the bill is folded at least in half? I would offer that with one more fold into fourths, a simple shuttle pass would be quite effective. The move has been used under fire to close many a card to impossible location routines(box mostly) so I think it could suffice in this case.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Im absolutely loving using the "Cloaking Device" from Jay Scott Berry's Penguin Lecture. It so (sooooo) much more "free feeling" and open hand cleanly displayed than any of the TT versions I've used.

Any 2 bills can be switched (or 2-for-1 or vice-versa!)

This switch doesn't have to be "shown" to the spectators, this filing your need.

At my art shows, where I perform magic at my table, I usually borrow a $20 and change it into 2 $10s, to show them how "I make change."

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Incognito Bill Switches (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL