The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Rattle for a box. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simloki
View Profile
New user
Midwest USA
9 Posts

Profile of Simloki
Hello all. I’m looking to create an effect (horror genre magic, parlor scale) where I need to either move, shake, or rattle a wooden box via remote control. Any ideas on what to use for this? Any products out there you would recommend? Thanks in advance!
Coppertop
View Profile
New user
UK
7 Posts

Profile of Coppertop
I think that I would go along the lines of:

1. Buy the cheapest battery powered RC (Radio Controlled) toy car that you can find, strip out the cars motor and RC unit that was connected to the motor, add/glue an eccentric cam (just a circle of metal or wood with extra weight added on one side) to the motor shaft. When you operate the motor via the RC, because it is out of balance it would give you that 'knocking or vibrating effect.

2. Something a little neater and more discrete would be to buy a 'keyfob' remote control unit from that well known auction site and connect this to small battery operated motor (and add the eccentric cam). The remote fits easily in the pocket and can be operated from a good distance away.

Lots more options but pretty sure that this would work OK.

Gerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Rattle for a box. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL