The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Sam's Handcuffs by Sam Huang and Hanson Chien Production (113 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2816 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Presale for a download? Aren't this and splits downloads?
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
It's a physical product. Whether it comes with a gimmick or just some rubber bands is not clear. I remember one of Cyril Thomas' first releases was also a physical product for about $30 that just came with some rubber bands and could easily have been a download.

https://www.hanson-chien.com/products/crazy-sam
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1446 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Looks sooo good! Might pick it up, get my head around it and drop a review. Will it be as good as the trailer shows?

Let’s hope so!
My store
www.northernmiracles.com

Join my subscription service:
www.themiraclestudio.co.uk
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2282 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Let me include the official ad copy here.

https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/hanson-ch......262.html

"This trick looks like REAL MAGIC."
- Michael Ammar

"This is the revolution of Crazy Man's Handcuffs."
- Hanson Chien

BASIC EFFECT

A HYPER visual rubber band penetration effect where a rubber band is stretched between the thumb and finger of each hand. The two rubber bands MELT through each other like real magic!

BRIEF HISTORY

Over 50 years ago, one of the best rubber band tricks "CRAZY MAN'S HANDCUFFS" was created and many magicians still perform it today.

Crazy Sam's Handcuffs is from the mind of Sam Huang. When Sam posted this effect online, many magicians were shocked and eager to learn this effect.

Now, the secret is finally revealed.

NEW METHOD

The principle behind this trick has unlimited possibilities, the new method can also be applied on your fingers as well as other objects such as scissors, markers, etc. Many magicians also offered their unique ideas, including Joe Rindfleisch, Nicholas Lawrence, Dr. Cyril Thomas and Hanson Chien.

FEATURES

No setup.
No get ready.
100% examinable.
You can perform it anytime, anywhere.
What you see on the trailer is how it looks LIVE.
All you need are 2 rubber bands and your hands.
This product comes with everything you need and online instructions.

VIDEO INFORMATION

Running time: 40 mins
HD video shot in Taiwan
Language: English, Chinese
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
PACKAGE INFORMATION

Size: 8.2 x 8.2 x 2cm
Weight: 26g ±3g
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
If this Method is really as good as seen on the Trailer, I will give it a try. As an expert on the plot of crazy man's handcuffs, I doubt, that this method is as practicle as advertised, espacially the angles and the get in.

I will appreciate to review this new release as soon as it comes out.

Have a Great Sunday everyone. Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1070 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Holy crap the shipping!! to U.S.
I was going to buy this and colorscope. Shipping is $31.

Yeah, No thx. Not worth it.

And obviously, this is NOT against the products. I want them, but not that bad!

EDIt: Getting the Crazy Sams from Penguin. Thankfully !!!!!!!!!! Will need to pass on Colorscope as I don't see it in the U.S. No biggie....
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I hope, as mentioned before the physical product isn't just some regular bands...
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
There is no physical product needed. This should just be a download.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1829 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Interesting. I think it should be sold in the form that returns the most money to the artist and investors in the project. That form may not be a download. You are welcome not to buy it.

Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, Frank Yuen wrote:
There is no physical product needed. This should just be a download.


In general, I think magicians should just keep quiet when it comes to pricing/format. You get to vote with your dollars, so vote your displeasure by choosing not to purchase the product. Pricing is the personal decision of the creator/manufacturer, made with information, considerations and variables that virtually no one but they have. Pure speculation isn't terribly helpful when the motive is ignoble.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, Kaliix wrote:
Interesting. I think it should be sold in the form that returns the most money to the artist and investors in the project. That form may not be a download. You are welcome not to buy it.

Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, Frank Yuen wrote:
There is no physical product needed. This should just be a download.


In general, I think magicians should just keep quiet when it comes to pricing/format. You get to vote with your dollars, so vote your displeasure by choosing not to purchase the product. Pricing is the personal decision of the creator/manufacturer, made with information, considerations and variables that virtually no one but they have. Pure speculation isn't terribly helpful when the motive is ignoble.
I totally agree.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Very well put.

Charge whatever you want, and let the market decide if you were right.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
My apologies if I offended anyone. I should have typed this could just be a download which is what I actually meant. I was just trying to answer the post above mine that was hoping it wasn't just rubberbands. I was concerned that people might be under the impression that they were getting some sort of gimmick which is not the case.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1231 Posts

Profile of bekralik
You're free to voice your opinion, Frank, no offence taken.

If it costs $31 to ship some rubber bands, unfortunately the reality is the post office will be making the most money on this project. I'm all for supporting the creator as best as I can (ie. ordering direct), but in this case, I will also order through a wholesaler with free shipping.
gumbimagic
View Profile
Regular user
Too busy performing to have more than
197 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
The shipping to the USA can be selected at $10 not $31 there are two options.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1231 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I didn’t see that, that’s for pointing that out. That’s reasonable for people living in the US.
I’m in Canada and unfortunately we don’t have any cheaper shipping options.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1554 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Very well put.

Charge whatever you want, and let the market decide if you were right.


This is an option if you are distributing it yourself but if you go through Murphy's, Penguin, etc. they set the price.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1554 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, rasmus wrote:
If this Method is really as good as seen on the Trailer, I will give it a try. As an expert on the plot of crazy man's handcuffs, I doubt, that this method is as practicle as advertised, espacially the angles and the get in.



I will say that the method is as good as it is on the trailer and that you will certainly enjoy it. It is very practical with a quick and easy get-in, if it could even be called a get-in. Yes it is angle sensitive but you will most likely be okay performing this all but surrounded.
Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1070 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2022, bekralik wrote:
I didn’t see that, that’s for pointing that out. That’s reasonable for people living in the US.
I’m in Canada and unfortunately we don’t have any cheaper shipping options.


Ahhhh. Fedex is $31. First Class for me (Maryland) is only $8. SMH!
I didn't see the drop=down options on the shipping until mentioned here.
that's VERY reasonable!

Wish I could delete my post now!
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1070 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2022, gumbimagic wrote:
The shipping to the USA can be selected at $10 not $31 there are two options.


Yeah, I am an idiot!!! I didn't see the drop-down option.

$8 for me!

Wish I could delete that dumb post of mine... SMH!

Either way,
I am looking forward to this. Looks great!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2022, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Very well put.

Charge whatever you want, and let the market decide if you were right.


This is an option if you are distributing it yourself but if you go through Murphy's, Penguin, etc. they set the price.


A fair point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Sam's Handcuffs by Sam Huang and Hanson Chien Production (113 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL