The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Sam's Handcuffs by Sam Huang and Hanson Chien Production (107 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2751 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Yes it does not come with gimmick rubber bands to perform crazy man’s handcuffs. It does come with two different rubber bands for a different routine,
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3372 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Just purchased from Vanishing Inc. When you purhcase it it says download and Rubber Bands.

After purchasing I was frustrated that it didn't appear in my download library. I contacted support and they emailed me and said because it is a third-party download it doesn't appear in your library but they gave me the download link and passcode. I hope they will make this more clear in the future so you don't have to contact support like I did.

This was a great purchase. It is one trick where I can honestly say that just seeing the method was worth the purchase. I had no clue going in.

This is a magician fooler but I'm not sure the reactions to this for laymen will be better than the usual Crazy Man's Handcuffs method but I can't say for sure because I haven't worked it yet.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
jb13
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of jb13
Does anyone know if it appears immediately in your download library if you purchase through Penguin?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4418 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I ordered from Penguin. Link does not appear in “my magic” library. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow
John7
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of John7
Re Vanishing Inc, you don't have to ring them up to get the link. Go to your account page - just below "Access your downloads and lectures" there's a link to "Product Instructions". This takes you to links to all your 3rd party instructions. I don't know why they didn't tell you this when they emailed you. Took me a while to figure this out and I discovered other things there that I'd forgotten I bought.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3431 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
How would you that have this rate the teaching? I certainly hope they show and teach this from a performers view and not just the audience view. For some reason I struggle with rubberband tricks (not sure why).
NicholasD25
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Some rubber band tricks can seem very complicated. This one is easy to learn. The moves are shown from the magician’s point of view.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3372 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
They use various views including performers' views. The teaching is very good.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
123 Posts

Profile of civins
Like the look of this.
I've never tried rubber band magic - am I likely to to be able to learn this as a novice?
NicholasD25
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
For as good as this looks, it’s surprisingly easy to learn. You should be able to do the basic handling after a couple of tries.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
982 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Haha, this live performance vid is pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-UJghgR3Kc
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just watched the instruction video. I don't know what to think at this point. I'm sure it's too early to come to a judgement about it. It is incredibly easy to do, but I really need to do this in a mirror to see what it looks like from their angle, because it doesn't look good from my angle. It almost feels like something that I shouldn't be able to get away with. I am reserving judgement until after a either do it in front of a mirror or video record my performance of it, or both.

KJ
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2740 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I feel the same as you KJ and yet I watched that video a hundred times before I bought it and couldn't figure it out. I think it needs the audience test.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4418 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Maybe I’m slow but I’ve watched it several times and still can’t figure it out. And I’m really glad that I pre ordered from Penguin…so I can get it five days after everyone else. Still haven’t received it. Boo Penguin.
jb13
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of jb13
I agree. I couldn’t care less about the rubber bands (gaffed or not) that I’ll be receiving, I just don’t understand why the instructional video isn’t immediately available upon purchase.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2751 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Ok time to move on. It’s not available on your download after you purchase it. It is what it is. His product to do what he wants. Your money to buy if you want.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3372 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Emeyers99 wrote:

Quote:
Maybe I’m slow but I’ve watched it several times and still can’t figure it out. And I’m really glad that I pre ordered from Penguin…so I can get it five days after everyone else. Still haven’t received it. Boo Penguin.

I'm confused. How did you watch it several times if you haven't received it?

I ordered from Vanishing Inc and was confused because it didn't appear in my downloads library. I contacted Vanishing Inc and they explained that third-party downloads don't end up in your library. They then gave me the link and password and I was able to watch the instructional video just shortly after I ordered it.

Is the problem with Penguin the same or do you really have to wait some period of days after you order it?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1531 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2022, 1KJ wrote:
I just watched the instruction video. I don't know what to think at this point. I'm sure it's too early to come to a judgement about it. It is incredibly easy to do, but I really need to do this in a mirror to see what it looks like from their angle, because it doesn't look good from my angle. It almost feels like something that I shouldn't be able to get away with. I am reserving judgement until after a either do it in front of a mirror or video record my performance of it, or both.

KJ

It is similar to many effects that have sensitive angles including from the performer's point of view. Although tbe angles are really great on this one. And just as Xcath1 said, we have watched the trailer many times so then we know it looks amazing.
Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3431 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2022, John7 wrote:
Re Vanishing Inc, you don't have to ring them up to get the link. Go to your account page - just below "Access your downloads and lectures" there's a link to "Product Instructions". This takes you to links to all your 3rd party instructions. I don't know why they didn't tell you this when they emailed you. Took me a while to figure this out and I discovered other things there that I'd forgotten I bought.

That doesn't work either, as you need a password to view the video, and the password is with the physical product.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2022, John7 wrote:

That doesn't work either, as you need a password to view the video, and the password is with the physical product.

Vanishing Inc, helpfully, put the password in your account too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Sam's Handcuffs by Sam Huang and Hanson Chien Production (107 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL